To stroller or not to stroller, that is the ?

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
I know each child is different, but I am contemplating taking an umbrella stroller for dd4 1/2 on the Magic based on the number of TR's I've read that seem to swear by them. We are doing the MK for one day before. However, dd has not used a stroller in probably over two years, but she does get very tired after a day of walking. She is tall for her age (44" and 44 lbs exactly). I cringe at the thought of lugging an umbrella stroller through airports/on the cruise/etc.... just one more thing to carry. Any suggestions/tips? :confused3

I ignored the advice to bring one until they are 8 and barely lived to regret it. If nothing else you can put a lot of stuff in the stroller in the airport.

From what I've read, the DCL has free strollers for use onboard and at Castaway Cay. You can rent one in the park. That's what we're doing for our 5 year old.

Umbrella stroller rocks for this kind of travel - hangs easily in the closet off the clothes bar, is great for 'off boat' - isn't that bad to get thru the airports either.

We use it for our DD 4 1/2 who never uses a stroller otherwise! :)

My DS is 2 now and I will probably be bringing my McClaren stroller as long as he fits in it! I would never do an airport without it. It is much easier to keep track of them in the stroller.

On the other hand, you could always rent one at the park if you need one:)

I am too cheap for that! You could buy an umbrella stroller for the daily rental fee.............it was $10 last time I was there.

I have two kids (NOW 4 AND 6 - BUT AT FIRST TRIP ONLY BARELY 2 AND 4)- First trip I brought stroller - What a pain to lug around - thru security, airports, etc -- Second trip I borrowed the on board strollers for excursions - and CC - That was great - nice strollers - and you do not have to lug them around all the time - Guest sevices has them - Use a deposit to borrow - and refunded upon your return -

If you do bring one - I would limit it to a lightweight umbrella type

i just got back from 4 day cruise and 5 days at WDW. (dd5 and 8)

We brought a stroller with us. Used it in the parks and left it in the car's trunk for the cruise.

The boats are not that big and never did the kids complain they were tired of walking (which they do all the time in the parks).

There were very few strollers aboard ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter