To Go or Not To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we are going! Just checked into our flight for tomorrow, negative Covid test results just got in ( required as we are international) - so we are good to go. Just got pink masks to match with our pink Minnie Ears... Found surgical and N95s in pink.. didnt think I'd be excited about masks. This album sure will look different.

OT question: we have a car rental, but I still have my DME ressie, paranoid there might be rental issues, credit card ( foreign thing).. Will we get in trouble we are DME no shows?? thanks

You've been really active in this thread and I've appreciated your thoughts.

Please let us know how it goes, how it "feels" on the ground, and whether being there in person makes you feel more or less comfortable than you thought. I'd love to hear what you say.

Stay safe and enjoy!!

Got my booster today since I’m high risk. I had an appointment and was surprised I was the only one there waiting for the shot. DH ( 72) getting his booster on Monday. Feel better on our trip the end of Oct.
Great to hear! It wouldn't affect my decision to go or not, and I still wouldn't be too concerned, but I would love to be able to get my booster before my trip for the 50th! I'm young and healthy, but it is sounding like it might be possible. I'm almost 8 months past my second dose, already over 8 months past my first. And that seems to be the recommended timeframe for those not high risk. Once it gets rolling of course.

My booster is due October 5th. We arrive October 20th!!!

Hopefully I can get mine around the 5th. If I can't get at least 2 weeks before my trip, I'll probably wait until after because last time I had Moderna, I got "covid arm" about 10 days after shot. It wasn't a big deal at all, but I don't want it on my trip.

You've been really active in this thread and I've appreciated your thoughts.

Please let us know how it goes, how it "feels" on the ground, and whether being there in person makes you feel more or less comfortable than you thought. I'd love to hear what you say.

Stay safe and enjoy!!
will do! This trip is already starting off "different" Normally it's my mom and DS with us. The 4 of us have gone the past 10 years, yearly ( except last year) It's just Me and my DD ( DH has no patience for WDW lol- DS did his own thing) So that is wierd and sad as my mom would loooove to join us, but vaccinated europeans are not welcome in the US right now ( we are dual) - I think I'll cry when we leave as she should be with us. but maybe it's a sign with Covid, she better stay put, she's almost 71

Jesus We’re flying in tomorrow night and good thing we’re stopping at Walmart on the way to Disney. Should I stock up on water now too? So not only do I need a Covid plan but now a “ hurricane” plan for basics? Too late to cancel now.😬.

Still grabbing extra water bottles. It’s going to be super hot anyways this week

Attachments

• 69EE9A6F-A082-43D2-ACB3-D2E3617711E8.jpeg
    69EE9A6F-A082-43D2-ACB3-D2E3617711E8.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 108
Still grabbing extra water bottles. It’s going to be super hot anyways this week
I was coming here to say this, they do their own thing, but I don't drink tap water in Florida (ewwwww, has grossed me out since I was little visiting family down there) so I always bring or get water to keep cold in my fridge. I just went to Costco today and got a case for my trip week after next, I know you can't do that though, they do sell cases in some of the gift shops at DVC resorts though if you don't want to stop off at a store.

The city of Orlando is asking residents to reduce water consumption IMMEDIATELY. Liquid oxygen used to treat water is being diverted to the hospitals to treat COVID patients. They believe if water consumption doesn’t change, water treatment could hit a critical point in a week.

I know WDW has its own system, but this will affect off site hotels, restaurants, airports, gas stations, and CMs.

ET: @DisneyFave beat me to it. :)

The city of Orlando is asking residents to reduce water consumption IMMEDIATELY. Liquid oxygen used to treat water is being diverted to the hospitals to treat COVID patients. They believe if water consumption doesn’t change, water treatment could hit a critical point in a week.

I know WDW has its own system, but this will affect off site hotels, restaurants, airports, gas stations, and CMs.

ET: @DisneyFave beat me to it. :)
I know Disney has its own waste water treatment, but does it also have its own drinking water treatment plant too?

OT: water. We buy a case anyways. Especially for my morning coffee as prefer mine without a hint of chlorine. Isn’t wasn’t until I moved to Europe I noticed how often US tap water tastes like pool water.
On way to airport. Tonight we will mobile order the family pizza at PoP and eat either pool side or in our room. I wanted to order “better” pizza offsite but DD is looking forward to PoP’s pizza lol.

If you are on-site at Disney, should not be affected by water problems.

Again, this is could cause problems for the restaurants off site. Soda fountains require water hookups; can't cook if you can't wash your hands or clean your cooking equipment.

The hotels off site. Showers, flushing, washing linens....water water water.

The airports (no more free water...gonna have to buy that $10 bottle).

The CMs, who actually don't live at WDW, contrary to the belief that they only exist to serve guests.

THIS AFFECTS MORE THAN TOURISTS AT WDW.

THIS IS ABOUT MORE THAN THE ONE. THIS IS ABOUT SAVING THE COLLECTIVE.

OT: water. We buy a case anyways. Especially for my morning coffee as prefer mine without a hint of chlorine. Isn’t wasn’t until I moved to Europe I noticed how often US tap water tastes like pool water.
On way to airport. Tonight we will mobile order the family pizza at PoP and eat either pool side or in our room. I wanted to order “better” pizza offsite but DD is looking forward to PoP’s pizza lol.

Just a heads up that Pop changed their pizza. We ordered a pizza and ds who can down many slices, ate one slice. I ate one slice. Dh one. And the rest of the pizza just sat there. We were very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter