To ATL and back:Disney Kids survive Snowpocalypse '11~4 month update

I figure it won’t kill me. It wouldn’t be still running if it killed people.

:lmao: Love it! This is the only thing that makes it possible for me to try new things with Andrew. Just keep telling yourself, "I won't die." :lmao: Seems like we had about the same experience with that one! ToT is tooo scary!!

Great Update! Loving all the Tangled pics! :rotfl: We have never done One Man's Dream or that Narnia thing! Thinkin I'll skip "Lameia" if it's that exciting. ;)

Great job on TSM!

Great Update! Loving all the Tangled pics! :rotfl: We have never done One Man's Dream or that Narnia thing! Thinkin I'll skip "Lameia" if it's that exciting. ;)

Yeah, you can skip Lameia! But One Man's Dream is pretty cool. You probably wouldn't be able to keep the boys in there for very long but it would be worth walking thru. There are displays with Disney toys and memorabilia that they would probably enjoy looking at long enough for you to get to read a few of the plaques and Walt stories.
They also have miniature displays of the parks and the different Disney castles around the world that they boys might like to see.

So after TSM we headed out of the park to take a quick break at our hotel/get a bus to DTD.
DSC02230.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

We grabbed some festive hats to wear to dinner!
I found that Sorcerer hat at goodwill for $3!!!! It lights up and everything! Totally awesome!! The other two hats are from the boy’s previous 1 day trip with my Dad.

The bus ride took FOREVER though!! I don’t know what was going on. I swear the driver must have taken us past MK on the way from ASMu to DTD!!! Honestly every time we went to DTD it took forever. I have to say…this was one thing I didn’t like about the All Star Resort. POP had a decent trip to DTD but never so extreme!! We must have been on that bus for 45 minutes and we were STARVING!!!

Once we finally made it to DTD we went to Wolfgang Puck Express!! Our favorite food place on property!! And with our “free” dining…

This:
IMG_0227.jpg

cost us NOTHING out of pocket!!!

After dinner we decided to do a little shopping in the shops (and lots of pin trading!).
DSC02233.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

I wish I had taken more pictures of the pin trading cause there’s no way you can know how much pin trading we did. I mean, I seriously think we stopped at EVERY SINGLE CM to at least check their lanyard. For Christmas, Andrew and I gave the boys each 20 pins (ebay rocks!!) so they would have a lot to trade. I got a little tired of it but Andrew and the boys LOVED it! I do have to say though, at the end of the trip, they were all talking about how much fun the pin trading was. It was possibly their favorite part and they loved how they ended up with so many souvenirs cause each pin had a story. So I’m glad we did it!

Later in the evening, Andrew and I were sitting on a bench near the entrance to DTD, kinda by the play fountain, waiting for the boys to meet up with us so we could head back to the resort. As we were sitting there, this young woman (maybe early 20s) walked in with her boyfriend (?) and she was in hysterics, screaming in this horase voice (like she had been crying for a while). We listened, cause we really had no choice and the only part we could make out was “these FOOLS and their magic wonderland…FOOLS!!!!!”

It was all we could do to hold it in and wait for her to get past us before busting up laughing! She must have been having an awful day but the way she said it was just hilarious. She was SOOO upset about the “magic wonderland!”

On the crazy super long ride back to ASMu Andrew fell asleep and then crashed once we made it to the room. The boys and I were all hyped up though and ended up goofing off with the camera.

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

(This was Avery’s Asian smile. He had this thing with Asians the whole time. He thinks Asian girls are super hot and was being a dork about it thru the whole trip. Doofy boy!)

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

and during all our fun…
DSC02248.jpg

Andrew was sleeping off the last effects from his traumatic RnRC ride earlier in the day!

Next up: Day 3 - Epcot Rope Drop!!!

I just found your TR this morning and have loved getting to read through it:goodvibes

I also have three siblings so found I could relate a little bit to a good portion of your TR

Can't wait for more

Got all caught up!

So you went on ToT? You will always be able to say that you went on it. My mom does not enjoy it either, so she normally avoids it like the plague!

Wolfgang Puck Express is one of my favorites! Every time I'm in DTD, I toss back and forth between that and the Earl of Sandwich.

Got all caught up!

So you went on ToT? You will always be able to say that you went on it. My mom does not enjoy it either, so she normally avoids it like the plague!

Wolfgang Puck Express is one of my favorites! Every time I'm in DTD, I toss back and forth between that and the Earl of Sandwich.

yeah! That's why I went on ToT. I wanted to at least say I had done it. but I don't think I will ever do it again! :rolleyes:

We LOVE WPE...We've never tried Earl of Sandwich but I think we might have to add that to our list next time. It just takes so much work to get to Downtown Disney that when we make it down there we want to eat something we KNOW we love. I should look at staying at a resort that is closer to DTD. Everywhere has relatively easy access to the parks...I should find somewhere with easy access to DTD.

Hi! :wave: Just found your TR and I'm enjoying it so far. You're doing a really good job!

We've stayed at both the All Star Movies and POP and liked POP much better. The dedicated bus helps a lot I think and I like its location on property much better too. If we ever decide to do a value again, POP would be my #1 for sure!

We also love WPE but you really should try EoS next time too. Especially if you ever need to pay out of pocket for some reason. It's a great value. On our trip in May, I ate at Earl 3 times!! Which, speaking of, we may have been there the same time as you. You went in May 2010 too, right? We were there the 8th-15th.

Totally agree about Narnia. I remember when we did it for the first (and last) time, I thought, "That was it...seriously?!?!" The quality is very un-Disney, IMO.

Sad you don't like ToT though - it's my favorite thrill ride ever!

We also love WPE but you really should try EoS next time too. Especially if you ever need to pay out of pocket for some reason. It's a great value. On our trip in May, I ate at Earl 3 times!! Which, speaking of, we may have been there the same time as you. You went in May 2010 too, right? We were there the 8th-15th.

:welcome:

Yeah! We gotta try EoS! We aren't usually big sandwich people at home but I've seen some TR with pictures of EoS and it looks SO super fantastic. it's on my "Things to do next time" list!

We did go in May 2010! We were there from the 4-9th so we overlapped 2 days! I know on the 9th we were at MK. I think on the 8th we were park hopping between Epcot and then saw wishes and stayed late at MK (I had read everywhere beforehand that it was open til 10 that night and when we got into the park and found out it was open til 12. It was the most magical night of our trip! So incredible to wander in an empty park!) Anyway, I wonder if we passed each other!

Just found your TR and am enjoying it alot! I actually was in Disney during the first week of january this trip as well :) We usually would go to disney in march for spring break, I have to admit it is nice being in college and having that time in January off, makes a great time to visit Disney :) I had originally thought that we were going to be going in a time that was less crowded but then about a couple of days into the trip we realized that the disney marathon was happening that 2nd weekend in january :(. we actually made a game out of it where we tried to guess who was there for the marathon and who wasn't. oh well, maybe next time we will go a little bit later on in january (my school is off for the entire month of january for a month long optional term called J-Term). Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! Sorry to hear that your DH got sick on Rockin Roller Coaster. I know how annoying that can be to feel motion sickness for awhile after the ride. My mom has some motion sickness problems, They aren't 2 severe but it does make some of the super spinny rides not an option. The biggest ride that I haven't been able to go on in years was the tea cups. I absolutely love them but since it is usually just my mom and I I don't normally get to ride them. i'm also curious to see how the snowpocolypse played a role in your trip. I live in the chicagoland area so we were heavily affected by that.

Just found your TR and am enjoying it alot! I actually was in Disney during the first week of january this trip as well :) We usually would go to disney in march for spring break, I have to admit it is nice being in college and having that time in January off, makes a great time to visit Disney :) I had originally thought that we were going to be going in a time that was less crowded but then about a couple of days into the trip we realized that the disney marathon was happening that 2nd weekend in january :(. we actually made a game out of it where we tried to guess who was there for the marathon and who wasn't. oh well, maybe next time we will go a little bit later on in january (my school is off for the entire month of january for a month long optional term called J-Term). Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! Sorry to hear that your DH got sick on Rockin Roller Coaster. I know how annoying that can be to feel motion sickness for awhile after the ride. My mom has some motion sickness problems, They aren't 2 severe but it does make some of the super spinny rides not an option. The biggest ride that I haven't been able to go on in years was the tea cups. I absolutely love them but since it is usually just my mom and I I don't normally get to ride them. i'm also curious to see how the snowpocolypse played a role in your trip. I live in the chicagoland area so we were heavily affected by that.

:welcome: Glad you've joined in! How exciting that we were there at the same time! :)
You've got a little bit of a wait til we get to the snowpocolypse part. But it's worth the wait! Actually, we got to live thru 2 snowpocalypses!! One during our trip and one a week or so after we got back to STL. Aren't we lucky!? :sad2:
I've got an update coming soon. I'm hoping to have some time tomorrow to get one done!

Enjoying your report so far. I was one of those people that said before going to DHS in 2009 that I was NOT going to ride ToT. Well my DS refused to ride with DD and she was not going alone so I rode with her. I wanted to chicken out the whole way. But, I loved it! It is my favorite ride at all of WDW along with RNR. We went in May of 09 and if it wasn't miserable from the heat it was raining. We went this past Feb and it was in the 80's with not a drop of rain until we hit Atlanta on the way home. We live about 20 miles from Atlanta so I can imagine what the snowpocalypse was lol. I had to drive in the stuff and it took me two and a half hours to drive 5 miles. Can't wait to read more.

Enjoying your report so far. I was one of those people that said before going to DHS in 2009 that I was NOT going to ride ToT. Well my DS refused to ride with DD and she was not going alone so I rode with her. I wanted to chicken out the whole way. But, I loved it! It is my favorite ride at all of WDW along with RNR. We went in May of 09 and if it wasn't miserable from the heat it was raining. We went this past Feb and it was in the 80's with not a drop of rain until we hit Atlanta on the way home. We live about 20 miles from Atlanta so I can imagine what the snowpocalypse was lol. I had to drive in the stuff and it took me two and a half hours to drive 5 miles. Can't wait to read more.

:welcome:
I'm going to try and get an update in this afternoon!! It's been a month! I'm terrible at this!
Probably cause instead of updating yesterday, I read your whole trip report. :rotfl: I keep doing that! I get on here to update and then find stuff to read and never update! Gah!!

This morning we got up early again! We had no milk in the fridge so instead of eating in the room Avery and I grabbed a thing of milk to share, a muffin (me) and a cinnamon roll (Avery) from Everything Pop on our way to the bus stop. We then snuck our food on the bus (kinda…) cause they always have that announcement that there is no food or drink on the bus. But we were HUNGRY!!!! So we did it…

We got to Epcot before they let people thru the turnstiles, but we were a little further back in the line than I had hoped. Last time, Andrew and I had ended up right next to the rope for RD and got to talk to Mickey and the gang…it was possibly my favorite moment from our last trip and I wanted the boys to get to do it too.

Our traditional “it’s too early to be up but we love our sister so we do it” photo.
DSC02250.jpg

By the way, before our trip I gave my brothers specific colors/types of shirts to pack so that we would at least all look good in a pic together. Today was “Bright colors” day. Black is as bright a color as Elliott wears. What I SHOULD have done was coordinate our jackets!! We hardly ever can see the shirts in our pics cause we all wore jackets the whole time. Ah well…I tried! (and I still love our pics even with mismatched jackets!)

DSC02253.jpg

I love my DH so much!! And not just at Disney! :love:

DSC02254.jpg

We got thru the turnstiles and then casually made our way to the front of the masses moving to the rope. We managed to get the 3 boys up front, Andrew and I just stood behind them. They thought it was pretty awesome to get up so close and they each got to greet the characters! I was happy!
DSC02255.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

Avery got some AWESOME pics from up there!
CIMG0190.jpg

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0187.jpg

CIMG0184.jpg

I love this one ^

Then began the mad rush to Soarin’. This mad rush is just slightly better than the TSM one, until you get inside. I still hate it but at least the CMs keep it pretty under control.
DSC02266.jpg

We got on Soarin pretty quick (maybe the 2nd ride?)
DSC02268.jpg

The boys loved it (we knew they would!) and we grabbed FPs for later. Next on the touring plan was Test Track. Andrew decided not to ride cause of yesterday’s motion sickness fiasco. His stomach was still just a little queasy and he didn’t want to push it. I could have sworn he took pictures of us riding it but I can’t find them…weird. [OOOH or maybe they’re on his iphone!! I’ll look when he gets home today!]
Anyway…next up was Mission Space.
I rode the green side last time and it was pretty tame (aka kind boring) so I wanted to try the orange side. The two boys were up for it (Avery chickened out on this one I think) so we headed over and got our Orange tickets!
DSC02269.jpg

Don’t they look so BA!
It was fun but kinda intense. I don’t really have motion sickness issues and I felt a little gross on that one and super claustrophobic!! I think that the conclusion I have come to is that I just don’t really like this ride. That’s ok…there is so much to do at Epcot that skipping Mission Space in the future isn’t going to kill me!

So next we decided we really needed to do something with Andrew so it was off to Living with the Land.
On our way we saw the Jaminators. They were cool but apparently I wasn’t in a picture taking mood today! The whole trip actually I was more into enjoying it than taking pictures. Sometimes it felt like I was forcing myself to take pics so that the boys would have them. Anyway…Living with the Land.
DSC02270.jpg

They boys had ridden this one in the past and were really looking forward to riding it again.
I think we grabbed another set of FPs at this point.

Next we headed over to The Seas to ride Nemo.
DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

Mine…Mine….Mine….Mine….

And waited a long time to take a pic in Bruce without making parents mad. PS this is one of those few places in Disney that you feel unwelcome as a big kid. I always feel like I’m pushing in front of little kids and that they parents are going to be mad.
DSC02276.jpg

We tried to get into Turtle Talk with Crush but the next showing was too full and we didn’t want to wait so we headed over to Figment. Silly ride but cute. I think I’m missing out on the nostalgia with that one.

And next up was Captain EO. I thought it was better than Honey I Shrunk the Audience but still just kinda lame. I know, I know…

Finally, we needed FOOD!! We went BACK to the Land (I think this is the 3rd time we’ve been in here today!) and got some lunch at Sunshine Seasons (which is one of Andrew’s and my favorite food places)
I split the Turkey Foccacia with Avery and he was NOT a fan. I don’t remember what he ended up eating but I don’t think he ate much.
After lunch we used our Soarin’ FPs from the morning (and took some pics in line)
DSC02278.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

I wanted pics in our hats!

Then grabbed another set of FPs on our way out of the Land Pavilion. (we like that ride, can ya tell??!)

After Soarin’ we decided to hit Spaceship Earth while we waited for it to be time to go to the Disney Visa Meet and Greet. We were all really tired by this point and had decided that after our M&G we were going to go back to the resort to chill for a bit.

We got in line for the meet and greet while glancing around at stuff in Inoventions (I don’t remember ever coming back to do anything in here!...weird)
We got Mickey and Pluto for our M&G!!! I was excited!! Although, I’m not a huge fan of the photos from this. Avery is hidden behind Mickey all of them and the lighting is kinda weird and yellow. Ah well…it was still fun.

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

(Mickey danced with us)

CIMG0197.jpg

On our way out of the park we ran in to Stich and jumped in line since Andrew had missed him the day before.
DSC02283.jpg

Up next: Back to Epcot for some World Showcasing, a long awaited treat for Oliver and drama at the pool!!

I love that one! Awesome that they were able to get close enough to see the characters, too! I had no idea this was even done at Epcot for opening. I guess we never make it quite that early.. :rotfl: Your piocs are so fun. Andrew would love all the thumbs up, as you'll see coming up soon in my TR. That's become his regular pose now. :thumbsup2 I'm going to show him your pics tomorrow! ;)

You have me so scared of Mission Space now!! We're soooo close to 44 inches.. like scary close... like I might be riding this for the first time next week close! :scared1: Not fun to learn! There's a less intense side, right?

I'll never understand why the lighting is so bad for some of these M&G locations. You'd really think they would be set up the best for pictures, right?? Despite, yours' look like everyone was having a lot of fun! All of your character pics look great!

Pool drama?? Dunno if I'm lookin forward to this one.. :confused3 Great update!

Yah I was glad to see you had updated:goodvibes

Your Epcot sounds like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to hear more

I love that one! Awesome that they were able to get close enough to see the characters, too! I had no idea this was even done at Epcot for opening. I guess we never make it quite that early.. :rotfl: Your piocs are so fun. Andrew would love all the thumbs up, as you'll see coming up soon in my TR. That's become his regular pose now. :thumbsup2 I'm going to show him your pics tomorrow! ;)

You have me so scared of Mission Space now!! We're soooo close to 44 inches.. like scary close... like I might be riding this for the first time next week close! :scared1: Not fun to learn! There's a less intense side, right?

I'll never understand why the lighting is so bad for some of these M&G locations. You'd really think they would be set up the best for pictures, right?? Despite, yours' look like everyone was having a lot of fun! All of your character pics look great!

Pool drama?? Dunno if I'm lookin forward to this one.. :confused3 Great update!

Oh my goodness! The Epcot opening is my favorite I think...maybe second to MK but I LOVE getting so close to the characters! On our first trip I wasn't expecting it but we were right up next to the rope and I was so surprised when all the characters came out and then started walking down the rope. THEN Mickey stopped in front of me, pointed at my ring and then kissed my hand. Yep, I almost cried! It was my dream trip that I had waited and saved for for years and then Mickey stopped and kissed me??? Oh my gosh! Still makes me well up a little. And its so silly to feel that way! :confused3 Oh well, I'm a little crazy. In my defense...I'm not usually that ridiculous...only when Disney characters are involved.

Andy is gonna "visit" my TR??? Tell him I say hi!!! He's my favorite Dis kid!! Shh...don't tell Blake! (though he's my 2nd favorite!)

Mission Space Green isn't bad. It's kinda fun to pretend you're flying a spaceship and pushing all the buttons. It doesn't make you feel sick. Orange was more exciting but a little too extreme for me.

Oh! I know RIGHT??? You'd think for a "photo opp" they'd have nicer lighting!! Weird! It's not that hard! I know...I work in a photo studio!

Oh the pool drama is GREAT fun!! I'll need Andrew to help me remember all the specifics! It was very dramatic!

Ok and now my reply is practically another update.... :rolleyes:

Back at the resort (I made it a point to never call it “the hotel” even though really, that’s what it was…but it made me feel special to be staying at a “Resort” and I thought the boys probably felt the same way). Anyway, back at the resort we chilled in the room for a little while, swapped out pins, took pics of Elliott and Avery with “Kate plus 8” hair.
DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

Don’t ask…

Then we headed back to Epcot for dinner in the World Showcase!!
DSC02286.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

First we stopped by The Land Pavillion for another ride on Soarin’
DSC02288.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

^those were really cool pics in my head…didn’t quite work in application. Ah well!

After Soarin we realized we probably wouldn’t come back up to the front of the park to ride it with our last set of FPs so I told the boys we should give them away. They were up for it, though a little shy about it. I gave Oliver a set and Avery a set and we found 2 groups of people to give our FPs to. (easier to give away 3 and 2 than a set of 5). I don’t’ remember the people we gave the set of 3 to but the people Avery found for the set of 2 were a cute young couple and they were SO grateful and excited!! Afterward, Avery got a little choked up and said that he was REALLY glad we had done that. It was a special Disney moment for us AND them.

Finally, it was FOOD time!! We were SOO hungry but weren’t sure where we wanted to eat. So we headed in via Canada. Well THAT was a bad decision, we walked, and walked, and walked (and kinda enjoyed looking around)
DSC02290.jpg

…Elliott and Andrew decided they wanted Chinese so they stopped there and we (Avery, Oliver and myself) continued on to Mexico for Mexican…but once there, Avery decided he would rather have Chinese. So Oliver and I carried our Mexican back to China to eat with Elliott and Andrew and so Avery could get Chinese.
The Mexican was ok…it seemed a little bland to me. I got the 3 tacos with churros for desert. I was glad I got salsa cause I ended up dipping my tacos in the salsa just to get some flavor. Oh well, the churros were DELICIOUS!!!
Finally we were all full (and already worn out!) but we pressed on! We headed BACK to Mexico to look around and ride Mexican Small World. We had a handicap boat all to ourselves so we got to really spread out and enjoy! Fun!
DSC02291.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

Avery found something he wanted to get for his GF back home but it was $30 and we talked him out of it telling him to think about it cause we’d be back.

Next we walked over to Norway Elliott and Andrew went ahead but Oliver, Avery and I went on a search for the bathrooms. While trying to find a bathroom Oliver asked an older couple to trade pins (apparently he thought they were CMs :confused3) They only had highly collectable pins and weren’t trading but they were very nice and we stood and chatted with them for a while. They talked to us about how back in the day they had the A-E tickets and a little bit about what that was like. Eventually they pointed us in the direction of the bathrooms and we made it over to Norway to ride Maelstrom. It was fun. Kinda cool to do in the dark.
DSC02301.jpg

After that it was getting close to Illuminations time but we all wanted some snacks while watching. So Elliott, Avery and Andrew headed to Germany to get beer and pretzels and Oliver and I headed to France for some long awaited Crepes. Crepes had been #1 on Oliver’s list of things to do and he was excited to get them. I had never had them but thin sugar covered pancakes are right up my alley so I was all for it! The plan was for both groups to look around for a good Illuminations watching spot and call the other if we found one.

Oliver and I ended up being the winners of that one! We got our crepes and found a nice spot where we could sit against a rail and had a great view of the lagoon. We called the other boys and they met us. I’m pretty sure it’s the little walkway where Belle and the Beast do their M&G but it was pretty empty and we had our choice of spot to sit.
DSC02303.jpg

Pretty sure that ^ was Oliver’s second crepe. He liked it so much he went back for another before the fireworks started.

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

CIMG0201.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

On our way out of the park we were walking past a souvenier stand and saw a gift card on the ground. We picked it up and looked around but there wasn’t anyone nearby who might have dropped it. We debated about whether or not to turn it in and decided that if it had less than $20 on it the person probably wouldn’t come looking for it and we would keep it. If it had more than $20 we should turn it in. So we went over to the stand and asked for a balance check on it. It had $105.02!!!!!!!!! I turned to the boys and said “we HAVE to turn this in!! That’s someone’s whole vacation budget on there!!”
Elliott was NOT a fan of that idea. He REALLY REALLY wanted to keep it. But we decided to go to guest services and see if there was any way they could track down the owner. It would be a lot easier to turn it in if we knew it was going to get back to it’s rightful owner.

On our way we stopped to take some pics
DSC02312.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

We stopped at guest services and I made Elliott let Andrew do the talking. I knew Andrew would make the right decision in the end. So Andrew asked the CM there if there was anyway we could track down who lost the card. She said there isn’t any way unless they claim it. But I knew from the DIS that if you lose something you can often get it from lost and found. So Andrew looked at me, then back at the lady and then slowly handed it over the counter and said “We found this on the ground and need to turn it in. It has $105 on it” She looked sympathetic cause it was REALLY hard to turn that in knowing the odds that it was going to actually get back to it’s owner were slim. Elliott was really irritated that we did that as he saw it as giving money back to “The Mouse.” But it was the right thing to do and I really don’t think any of us would have felt right using that money. Even Elliott.

Afterward to ease the pain, we asked to look at the pin book (did this a LOT…like pretty much on our way out of every park we stopped at guest services cause they all have a pin book or board and usually have some good pins in there). We found a couple we wanted, including one I had been searching for so it all worked out.

Then we headed back to the hotel and decided to go swimming!!
What time was it??
10:30 pm

Was it in ANY way warm outside??
Nope. It was pretty cold!

Did we care??
Nope!

We were in Disney World with no parents and we were going swimming in the middle of the night! Yep!!
We thought it was hilarious and had a blast getting ready and giggling at how crazy we were to go swimming in the cold!
IMG_0242.jpg

We got out there and HOT DOG was that “heated pool” cold!!! Freezing!! We found some jets and all kept pushing each other out of the way to sit next to the slightly warmer water coming out. While we were doing that suddenly this woman started screaming at some boys in the water. Something about losing her ball. They yelled back something we didn’t understand and went back to swimming. This lady just didn’t give up though. She started screaming for them to get out of the water and find her ball. She was ANGRY!! She told them that they had thrown it and it went in these bushes and they needed to get out and find it! They said they didn’t do it. Finally she yells that she was going to get a manager and get them thrown out! She stormed off to Everything Pop.
Once she was gone the boys got out and came over to look for the ball. A few minutes later she came back with a CM. She told the CM that this boy (the other ones had bailed) had lost her ball and she wanted him to find it. Ok…now here is where it got funny.

The CM started asking the boy questions and it was immediately apparent why this boy hadn’t done anything sooner. He didn’t speak ENGLISH!!! Or at least not enough for a conversation! So once he convinced the CM that he really and truly didn’t speak English they ended up in a half broken English, half pantomime conversation and it came out that the boys had been playing with the ball, not knowing that it belonged to anyone and had thrown it to someone to catch, they missed it, it went into the bushes and now no one could find it. All thru this that lady kept yelling at the poor kid (I mean he was probably like 12) and he didn’t even understand what she was saying! It was ridiculous! Eventually, the CM calmed the lady down, convinced her that it was an accident and everyone parted ways.

Once that was done we quietly got out of the pool (half popsicles by now) and ran back to our room trying not to bust up laughing. We were SOOO cold but didn’t want to get out of the pool and draw attention back to ourselves while the fight was going on. But that lady was SO out of control and so angry and then the kid didn’t even understand her. It was pretty funny (laughing at the lady). I did feel pretty bad for the kid who was getting yelled at for an accident.

Anyway, after all that drama, we headed to bed exhausted from our day. Tomorrow was our AK day and I considered letting everyone sleep in the next day since the crowd level was supposed to be a 0.9. I asked Andrew what he thought and he said we should do rope drop. We had had so much good luck with it and we had never seen the AK rope drop ceremony. So I set an alarm and headed to bed.

Up next: Was RD worth the sleep deprivation? Did I make a big mistake by pushing us all to get up early? It makes me tired just thinking about it!

Great update :) What is an A-E ticket? It would have been so hard to turn in that gift card for me but I would have cuz I would have lost my money after that. I put my GC on my room right when we get to the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter