Tips for cruising with a baby!

The Oceaneers Club sounds great - I am sure my LO will love crawling around there next summer!
Anyone know the hours of the Flounders nursery?

First of all Thanks for all the great information!!

Now onto my concerns we are cruising this December it will be Myself (mom) my sister, my dd4 (turning 5 in January) and my DS who turns 2 in Novemeber. I'm trying to figure out sleeping because my stinker err I mean my son has figured out how to climb out of his crib. I can't get him to stay in it. Had to switch him to a toddler bed. I think he would do fine in a bed with the bed rails but where to put my daughter, I'm not really keen on her sleeping in the bunk.
Is there an age restriction on who can sleep in the bunk?

Since it will be my sister and myself will the beds be configured as a queen or as twins? Could we request it to be a queen? (I'm thinking ds/dd and myself sleep in the queen, dd/ds on couch and sister on bunk)

I am sure I am way overthinking this and it will just work out.

TIA

Tracy

p.s. I will be working hard on the Potty training thanks to the tip about the kids club but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

It will depend on the ship you are sailing on. On the Magic and the Wonder the beds can be made up as either 2 twins or 1 queen. On the Dream (except for reports of a few select cabins) the beds are not splitable and only make 1 Queen bed.
My oldest was 4 years and 11 months when we sailed in March and she loved the top bunk. I was a little nervous about her sleeping up there, but I showed her how to use the ladder and she did great. I don't know that there is an age limit for the top bunk, but I think there is a weight limit. I don't know what that limit is though. I'm sure if you posted that question out of this thread it would get answered though.

The Oceaneers Club sounds great - I am sure my LO will love crawling around there next summer!
Anyone know the hours of the Flounders nursery?

I just looked at my navigators for the magic and the hours depend on the day. On port days Flounders opened early and was open at 7:30am. On sea days it opened at 9am. It closed depending on the day at 11pm or 12am.

I had a 10 month old at the time and left her at Flounders 2x's. The first was during the day and she had a great time playing. When I went to pick her up, Peter Pan (from the Disney Dreams show) was there playing with the kids. The 2nd time was on Pirate night (I didn't want her up for the fireworks). I brought her up after dinner and they played with her and put her to sleep. She was sleeping very peacefully when I woke her up to take her to the room.

[/Quote]I just looked at my navigators for the magic and the hours depend on the day. On port days Flounders opened early and was open at 7:30am. On sea days it opened at 9am. It closed depending on the day at 11pm or 12am.

I had a 10 month old at the time and left her at Flounders 2x's. The first was during the day and she had a great time playing. When I went to pick her up, Peter Pan (from the Disney Dreams show) was there playing with the kids. The 2nd time was on Pirate night (I didn't want her up for the fireworks). I brought her up after dinner and they played with her and put her to sleep. She was sleeping very peacefully when I woke her up to take her to the room.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for looking into that for me! I had no idea that they were open at night at all and would put them to sleep - I was thinking that the cribs were only for daytime naps! Wow... maybe DH and I could have a quiet, romantic dinner one night! Thanks so much!

We will be on the Wonder when the youngest is 14 months. Do I understand correctly - he can't go in the little mickey shaped pools because he is not potty trained, but he can splash along the shallow edge of the kid's pool? Just wondering, because there is no Nemo's play area on the Wonder correct?

There is a splash area on the Wonder. It is just not as large and well themed as Nemo's Reef. It's behind the Mickey slide.

Here is my then 10 month old playing in it on the Magic

ry%3D400

We will be on the Wonder when the youngest is 14 months. Do I understand correctly - he can't go in the little mickey shaped pools because he is not potty trained, but he can splash along the shallow edge of the kid's pool? Just wondering, because there is no Nemo's play area on the Wonder correct?

That is correct! Your child will not be allowed anywhere near the Mickey Pool! Just after boarding, we were sitting on the very edge talking to our friends and my daughter (who was 10 mos) put her toes in and not 2 seconds later a CM came over to tell us that she was not allowed in it! :scared1:

The good news is that the Splash area is on the other side of the Mickey Slide, away from the Mickey Pool so your little boy won't be wandering over there and getting yelled at :goodvibes

Here's some pics from the Magic...

11-20.jpg

11-21.jpg

11-22.jpg

11-23.jpg

11-24.jpg

14-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

I also have some video of my girl in part 4 of my videos I made from that trip...I think the cruise part starts about 6 mins into it or so...

http://cassworld.ca/videos/wdw-2009-4.wmv

I have some small clips of her in the splash pool too, let me go look for those :thumbsup2

Thank you for the pictures and video. It looks like our son will easily enjoy himself without a pool.

Anyone cruise lately have update on parents with infants as visitors at Oceaner's club? Friend just cruised in march and they said no parents except certain times.

My understanding is that the clubs have open house hours each day and that is when parents and younger children can enjoy the club areas together.

Fantastic thread - lots of great ideas for when we cruise on the Fantasy with our 13 month old in November! We were close to cancelling after discovering that he wouldn't be able to frolic in the pool - but am now thinking that it sounds like the most baby friendly holiday we could take! Plus the opportunity for some long overdue romantic meals with DBF! Hurrah!! :yay::yay:

J&HSal said:
Anyone cruise lately have update on parents with infants as visitors at Oceaner's club? Friend just cruised in march and they said no parents except certain times.

We cruised in July on Fantasy. Open house at certain times for the first three days for kids and parents. Other than that registered kids only.

Just found this thread- thank you for the great tips! We'll be cruising with our 7 month-old twins on the Fantasy in March, and are trying to gather tips and start to organize ourselves!

We cruised the Wonder in September and they had open house hours every day. Is it only the first three days on the new ships as a regular thing? Or is that maybe based upon how crowded the ship/clubs are on any particular cruise? We will be on the November 2, 2013 Fantasy cruise with our 11 year old and 13 month old daughters.

For those of you with non-potty trained kids on the Fantasy, there is the Aqua Lab. It is a splash play place which I am pretty certain non toilet trained kids can frolic in. It is in Addition to the Nemo splash area. My 4 and 6 years olds both loved it!

How crowded do these splash area get? They look like a lot of fun! I would think they would be pretty popular. Do the babies on board do ok in the splash areas along with all the bigger kids that also use them? It seems like they always point babies and toddlers to the splash areas, but I would imagine lots of older kiddos want to be there too : )

lesabrowning said:
How crowded do these splash area get? They look like a lot of fun! I would think they would be pretty popular. Do the babies on board do ok in the splash areas along with all the bigger kids that also use them? It seems like they always point babies and toddlers to the splash areas, but I would imagine lots of older kiddos want to be there too : )

I thought Aqua Lab was just for potty trained kids but I might be wrong. It was closed most of our trip in July. Nemo's Reef did get crowded with big kids during the day but my kids are early risers so we would be at the pool at breakfast time and have it pretty much to ourselves for a bit. Only problem is Nemo didn't open until 9 which was annoying since it was the only place for the diaper baby to swim/play.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our diaper baby will just be 13 months on this next cruise and will not really care, but I bet there are many not yet potty trained kiddos who can actually swim that have a hard time with the no pool policy. LOL It would be nice if there was a place just for them where they did not have too much competition.

I guess I need to read this entire tread I didn't know non potty trained babies weren't allowed in the pool... WHatttt???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter