• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping overload?

When the deal was $10 it rang up as $10. There is no reason to ring up each item individually, that's not how it works anyhow. It's also not a discount, it's just how they do a deal. A deal they've been running for years. Having ordered before when it was $10 it was always rung up as $10. That individual location needs to be called out for that (and any other ones that do it). They now have "starting at" instead of a flat amount with limited menu options.

For example if I were to order it right now (with the deal having increased to $10.99)
View attachment 721626

I just priced out one for example's sake where it was a $10.99 option and here's how it looks online:
View attachment 721628

Beverage randomly selected as Dr Pepper, App randomly selected as Chips and Salsa and entree chosen for ease sake a $10.99 option.

View attachment 721629

The server rung it up as individual items and then subtracted some amount to equal the 3 for me deal price. It’s weird cause he did that with ds’s and dh’s meal but not mine. Mine was rung up correctly.

The server rung it up as individual items and then subtracted some amount to equal the 3 for me deal price. It’s weird cause he did that with ds’s and dh’s meal but not mine. Mine was rung up correctly.
Yeah if everyone ordered strictly from the items from the 3 for Me menu then that server did incorrect on two of the three. It may not have been intentional and could have just been an honest error. Hopefully it was able to be corrected.

My thought was, why doesn't the HOA organize a gathering of residents to go caroling in the complex? Costs nothing and brings the community together.

well.........if it was my former hoa that would have been difficult at best, life threatening at worst. i'm neither kidding nor exaggerating when i say there were hoa related physical assaults, restraining orders and armed encounters.

It may simply be how the register is programmed and has nothing to do with the server.
Not if they ordered from the actual menu of items on the 3 for Me. The register would be programmed to be that price. If anyone doubts what I'm describing go do it yourself on Chili's website and you'll see. You certainly don't have to believe what I'm saying if you have doubts but you can actually go research it yourself.

ETA: Have y'all really never done any of these deals? I feel like if you had you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Guess people throughout the years haven't ever gone to these types of places, all I can figure 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Asking to see the manager isn't the Karen move, it's what you do once the manager comes over that makes it a Karen move. Give me facts of what is wrong and I will try very hard to make it right, if you want to complain about my employees doing their job correctly we will refuse service at that point.
Exhibit A of why I would never speak to a manager about poor service. I have a feeling most managers would back the server and say everything is my fault.

Just stiff the server and never return.

well.........if it was my former hoa that would have been difficult at best, life threatening at worst. i'm neither kidding nor exaggerating when i say there were hoa related physical assaults, restraining orders and armed encounters.
So inviting in a Church or School Group to sing Christmas carols is a better idea?

So how about introducing a "per diner" fee. So every person at the table pays a set amount. Say $5pp at a "medium" end and $10pp at a high end. State that upfront and that it replaces tipping?

Then tables with more people (more work for the server) = higher fees.
So you would be fine with dropping in at a restaurant with a $10/diner charge and sharing a $10 appetizer with your date/spouse/whoever and two glasses of water and being charged a $20 tip?

I just grabbed some popcorn and a beer for this one. Ready when you are!

popcorn:::drinking1

So you would be fine with dropping in at a restaurant with a $10/diner charge and sharing a $10 appetizer with your date/spouse/whoever and two glasses of water and being charged a $20 tip?
Well, I wouldn't go to a "high end" restaurant for just an appetizer and water.

So inviting in a Church or School Group to sing Christmas carols is a better idea?

oh yeah-the worst offenders were very nice to people outside the association (well maybe not the myriad of lawyers who ultimately were involved). one of the least contentious and calm meetings ever was when a fire department official was in attendance as a guest speaker.

I just grabbed some popcorn and a beer for this one. Ready when you are!

popcorn:::drinking1

it was nutz. kind of a game of thrones vibes at times. absent the nudity and anyone hot/substituting the white walkers with armed people on atv's. power madness, betrayals, intimidation, manipulations....unfortunately we had some people prone to violence and people were injured.

That sounds pretty aggressive. :scared:
Sometimes being aggressive is the only way to deal with wild Karens.
What would be an example of a customer complaining about a job done correctly?
Demanding things we can't do. In the pizza business it was usually either out of delivery area, half cheese, sending a kid in with a credit card to pay or asking for a topping on half the pizza claiming to be deathly allergic to it. If you then yell at my employees for telling you no on those things, I'll be telling you no to ordering anything.
Exhibit A of why I would never speak to a manager about poor service. I have a feeling most managers would back the server and say everything is my fault.

Just stiff the server and never return.
Ask a server and most will tell you their managers will throw them under the bus in a heartbeat. If you can give facts and not just emotion it can go a long way to improving the server and the service. If I feel I need to speak with a manager I do it on my way out the door after my bill has been paid, this makes it clear I'm not looking for any monetary compensation, which is the exact opposite of what most Karens are looking for and most of who the manager deals with.

I was in Asheville. I went to an ice cream place and ordered at the counter. There was no tip jar and I paid with cash. I gave the girl a tip just because no I’ve asked me for one. 😁
I ordered food from a food truck at an NFL game today and I was prompted to give a tip when I paid for my overpriced cheese fries. It's getting ridiculous.

Can't do half the pizza with cheese and half without. Has to be all one or the other. If you tell me you have an allergy to a topping, I can't put that topping on only half the pizza, not taking that liability on.
That is just stupid IMO. Why can't you do cheese on only half the pizza? Can you do NO CHEESE ? I totally understand the allergy thing. It would be a liability if a mushroom accidently was on the wrong half.

Can't do half the pizza with cheese and half without. Has to be all one or the other. If you tell me you have an allergy to a topping, I can't put that topping on only half the pizza, not taking that liability on.
You didn't really mention the allergy until the next sentence, you mentioned half cheese first. Is there a reason you don't want to accommodate an order of no cheese on one side? Are you that way with toppings too or just when someone mentions an allergen to a topping? This sounds a lot more like you are deciding you don't want deal with doing half/half rather than the customers are at fault for complaining about something done correctly.

**I think we all agree never claim an allergen unless it's true and there's warnings all over about potential cross-contamination for a reason.

Yea if you told me you can’t do a topping on half a pizza, I wouldn’t be ordering from your place anyway. Half toppings are pretty common. Heck, I even get 3/4 pepperoni, 1/4 mushrooms all the time. It’s never been an issue & they’ve never gotten it wrong. Noone has ever asked why I’m ordering this way. They just take the order & make the pizza.

oh yeah-the worst offenders were very nice to people outside the association (well maybe not the myriad of lawyers who ultimately were involved). one of the least contentious and calm meetings ever was when a fire department official was in attendance as a guest speaker.
You couldn't pay me to live in a community with an HOA. My daughter was looking a condo with an HOA and the Realtor in the disclosures pointed out that the HOA had just levied a "special" $15,000 assessment on each unit for putting new roofs on. The builder set up the HOA fees 30 years before with a specific amount each month going into an escrow account to replace the roofs. Well, 30 years of HOA boards every year diverted the money to other projects every year so there was zero money in that account. It apparently would have been just enough to put the roofs on. What do you do? Dozens of individuals served on the HOA board over 30 years so there was no way to get compensation from them for violating the bylaws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter