Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
does wolfgang puck express at DTD have waiters? for some reason i thought i read this. i know you order at a counter but then do they bring it to you? if so fo they expect you to tip or is that included?
thanks!

I had a question how TIW worked at the food courts at the mods. I know there is an automatic 18% added and that's fine but I was wondering if it was added to the food court meals as well and if so who does the tip go to?

No tip is added or expected at counter service locations.

The only mod food court that accepts TIW is Port Orleans French Quarter.

I hope this can be answered based on the "guidelines".

How does the gratuity get split at Teppan Edo? How much does the Chef get versus the server? I have been to Japanese steakhouses where the Chef is tipped individually upon completion of the preparation. Is this customary at Teppan Edo? Or do they share the tip on the bill?

Thanks.

Teppan Edo is like any other restaurant on Disney property as far as gratuities are concerned.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

I haven't read the whole thread, but I have a question on if you charge the tips to your room.

I assume you don't have to actually "pay" till the end of your stay or do they charge a credit card right away? I was thinking if you don't "pay" till the end of your stay then the server doesn't get the tip till then?

There is no way for us to know the inner workings of Disney and how they handle tips charged to the room, tips charged to your credit card, or exactly how they cash out at the end of the night.

Sadly, discussion on how people feel Disney reimburses their servers turns tipping into a heated debate, and is one of the reasons that we had to limit all tipping discussion to one thread.

Disney servers know how they are going to be reimbursed when they sign up for the job, so however you choose to tip, to your room, credit card, cash, etc., is entirely up to you. :goodvibes

I was really trying to find out - if i charge it to my room, am I still paying it at the end of the trip, or do they have a credit card on file they charge whenever I charge something to my room? I know that isn't necessarily about tips but it does relate/.

Your credit card is charged at the end of the trip. Hope this helps :goodvibes

(To learn more about resorts and how they work the pre-approved limits, charging, folios, increasing the pre-approved limit, checking on room charges, etc. You are probably better off on the resorts board vs the tipping thread.) I am only adding the disclaimer, because if I didn't someone would come along and correct me that there is more to Disney's room charges than I posted here. :rotfl:

Ok I just read from the beginning and want to make sure I have it straight, if I go to San Angel Inn and I get charged x dollars and I want to leave y tip if I give them my dinning pass they will charge it to my room if I do not cross out the tip section? I prefer to give them cash, just me feeling the server likes it better. I saw something like this else where but was a little confused.

Ok I just read from the beginning and want to make sure I have it straight, if I go to San Angel Inn and I get charged x dollars and I want to leave y tip if I give them my dinning pass they will charge it to my room if I do not cross out the tip section? I prefer to give them cash, just me feeling the server likes it better. I saw something like this else where but was a little confused.

Most posts indicate that they coulddo as you posted, not that they would. The posts suggesting you cross out the space, or write cash are just offering suggestions on how to be "better safe than sorry".

The advice is actually good for any situation where there is a "tip" line on a receipt. Paper trails are good whenever you may have to dispute a charge on a credit card/room key.

I thought so but with all of the different conversations I got confused.

I just answered a question about tipping on the regular restaurant board. I didn't realize it was against the rules until after I posted- and I guess I broke a couple of them :scared:. Please don't banish me from the boards :sad1: I really didn't know we weren't supposed to talk about tipping, or what we do for tipping at home!! Really :hippie:

If you are not on the DDP do you still have to pay the automatic 20% gratuity for tables of 6 or more or can you choose your tip amount?

If you are not on the DDP do you still have to pay the automatic 20% gratuity for tables of 6 or more or can you choose your tip amount?

I beleive it is 18% for parties of 6 or more, no matter if you are paying out of pocket or on a plan.

thanks for that:) I'm from Australia and we tip very differently here so trying to get my head around it.

Didn't make it through the whole thread.

Tipping cash, do you just leave it on the table? That's what we generally do, but I imagine it is busier and more hectic for folks working at Disney. Or do folks put the cash tip in the little folder with the bill when they send the CC? Or perhaps, in the little folder after getting a receipt?

I suppose in the folder after getting the receipt. I didn't think of that until I wrote it above. We don't usually eat at places that give your bill in a folder as we mostly eat at small family restaurants living out in the middle of nowhere.

I just answered a question about tipping on the regular restaurant board. I didn't realize it was against the rules until after I posted- and I guess I broke a couple of them :scared:. Please don't banish me from the boards :sad1: I really didn't know we weren't supposed to talk about tipping, or what we do for tipping at home!! Really :hippie:

No worries :) the mods just do a little housekeeping and redirect folks here to the main sticky thread

hope you found your answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter