Tipping Flight Attendants - S/O Pizza Delivery Tipping Thread

How much would you tip flight attendants?

Votes: 92 96.8%
  • $1 or $2 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5%

• 10%

• 15%

• 20%

• Not Sure

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

I always bring my own snacks and drinks. I would not tip for the free soda/water they give you during the drink service, nor have I ever seen anyone hand them any tip after getting a soda. I don't order any alcoholic drinks, so I don't know the protocol there.

This all comes down to not wanting to pay well so instead they want the passengers to pick up the slack while still charging them the same amount.

Most tipped positions pay below minimum wage, with tip earnings bringing them up to minimum wage or higher. I doubt Frontier's pay structure is this way for their flight attendants.

I've "heard" that it's a nice thing to do to bring a box of chocolates or something like that to "thank" the entire flight crew (something they all can share), but the thought that this is a "tipped" position seems to feed into the "trolley dolly" moniker they have worked so hard to overcome. ("They" being the flight attendant community). They are primarily there for safety, and it seems wrong to "tip" "safety personnel". We don't "tip" police, guards or firefighters do we?

This has to current effect on me, though....because I will not fly ANY of the low cost carriers. No way am I going to trust my safety and comfort to those airlines. Flight attendants for regional carriers and the low cost carriers are pathetically paid. So, I can understand why they might want to accept tips. My BFF's daughter worked for a regional carrier for awhile as a flight attendant, and she made less than $20K per year....for a LOT of hours. But they are only compensated for hours AFTER the plane leaves the gate and before it returns to the gate. All the pre-flight time is uncompensated. Seems very wrong.

Most tipped positions pay below minimum wage, with tip earnings bringing them up to minimum wage or higher. I doubt Frontier's pay structure is this way for their flight attendants.

You might be surprised, if you actually count the hours they spend (pre and post flight...all uncompensated) vs. what they get paid for.

You might be surprised, if you actually count the hours they spend (pre and post flight...all uncompensated) vs. what they get paid for.

If this is true, I wonder why their union allows this. As long as FAs are expected to be at the airport and performing job duties, they should be paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter