Tipping Flight Attendants - S/O Pizza Delivery Tipping Thread

How much would you tip flight attendants?

Votes: 92 96.8%
  • $1 or $2 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5%

• 10%

• 15%

• 20%

• Not Sure

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
No, I wouldn't tip a flight attendant. My ex-BIL is a FA (has been for 25 years) and he makes more than my husband, who is a University professor with a PhD. It's not a job that pays below minimum wage, and there are decent benefits through the carriers with which I am familiar (we have a couple family members/friends who are FAs on major carriers, not regional carriers DBA majors). Yes, they are unionized, and one of them has a top-level, no-cost health insurance plan. The union did what they could to keep the health insurance, as membership identified this as a top priority. They also draw a reasonable per diem while they travel, to cover the cost of food, and I believe it's adjusted upwards when staying in major, costly cities. Many FAs bring their own meals and then collect the per diem. Overnight accommodations on trips are, of course, covered, and I know at least one airline that negotiated the hotels have to be within a certain distance of the city center of wherever they are, so the FAs aren't stuck out in some backwoods location because it's cheap. My ex-BIL has stayed in some mighty fine hotels in major international locations. So no, I'm not tipping flight attendants; it's not a "tipped position" IMO, even if they DO bring you a drink. (When did we start tipping everyone for doing their jobs?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter