Tinkerbell rumor I heard (possible spoiler info)

The CM also told my mom that Tink usually doesn't get to work until about 5 mins before the show,

The Backstage folks told us that indeed it's the only duty "Tink's friend" has, but that there is extensive time required for suiting up safely, and reaching the "launching" area takes a lot of climbing. The implication was that there was an awful lot more required for a few seconds of flight than simply showing up 5 minutes before the show.

A lot of fitness is also required in case the ability to fly falters and Tink needs to complete the flight hand over hand instead of via magic.

It's my understanding that 'Tink' has to weigh in just before flying each night. If she/he weighs over the mandated limit, there's no flight. Evidently, everything has to match up just right. Same thing if there is too much wind, or heaven forbid, lightening that night.
We've seen the exit area as well..not very pretty at all, but I guess it serves a purpose.
And from what I understand, there aren't too many who qualify for 'Tink' duty because of the size limits.

I could careless if it was Tinker Bell or Tinker Bill; doesn't spoil the magic for me. I would love to see Tinker Bill :rotfl2: I'm trying to picture this dude in a fairy costume complete with green tights and a wond. That would be worth it's weight in gold for me.

T.

Does anyone have pictures of Tinker Bill????

I don't know too many men that weigh 95-1115 lbs.:confused3

You really learn something new everyday!!!

I could careless if it was Tinker Bell or Tinker Bill; doesn't spoil the magic for me. I would love to see Tinker Bill :rotfl2: I'm trying to picture this dude in a fairy costume complete with green tights and a wond. That would be worth it's weight in gold for me.

T.

Oh, what you describe (sans the green tights) is what the telephoto images reveal.

Tink in Wishes wears a costume covered with miniature electric lights (similar to what they use in the SpectroMagic Parade.)

To the naked eye, SHE is a magical, enchanted fairy princess with an iridescent glow.

To the telephoto camera lens (on selected nights) HE is a burly rather hirsute "teamster-lookin' dude."

These infamous photos were posted back before I started saving these kind of things.

I hope someone who DID save them or the links will drop by and show us the goods.

tink1.jpg

$500, really? I'd pay them to get to do it!

WOW! TinkerBill is rather frightening. What do you suppose the "pregame" routine is before donning that costume?? :drinking1

Many Tinkerbells have been former gymnasts (so I've heard).

Dude! I would do this for free! I'm a small girl (about 5 feet tall) call me disney! haha. But seriously...the cash wouldn't be too bad either. The ride of a lifetime I say a freaking awesome zip line over magic kingdom?! I also used to play rugby and have no qualms about smacking into a cushioned mattress...ive smacked into giant canadians, I think i can handle a mattress haha!

DW and I are going to be at WDW in May. I got to watch even more now when Tinker Bell "Bill" makes that fight. I will definitely have the camcord on night vision. To see if I can get a picture of the fight. The money sounds good but Jack Daniels and Budwiser does not make enough to get me to dress up like a woman. I could jump out of a window but put on green tights :rotfl: So don`t worry about me making that fight:laughing:

1. Tinker Bell must weigh between 95 and 115 pounds.
  2. She wears nearly 70 pounds of harnesses and lights.
  3. She makes Actors' Equity wages plus hazard bonuses, and she gets paid for eight hours whether she flies or not.
  4. Sometimes it's not a Tinker Bell that flies. It's a Tinker Bill. :)

This is correct. One lady, who has done the job for many years, weighs 85 pounds. I've not met her personally yet, but know some good friends of hers. I'm really hoping to get to meet here soon. I'd like to ask her what it is like to do the flight.

If Sandy Duncan can play Peter Pan on Broadway, www.imdb.com/name/nm0242098/ then surely there can't be any objection to a man playing Tink at WDW.

That's true of the stage versions of this play.

Sandy Duncan...

Cathy Rigby...

Mary Martin...

Peter Pan on stage has traditionally been played by a woman, ever since J.M. Barrie wrote the drama in 1904...
and since the popular musical version premiered on Broadway in 1954, and Mary Martin performed the role on TV in the 1950-60's.

There have been a few notable exceptions to this stage tradition, but not too many.

(And the actor who portrays Mr. Darling usually also plays Capt. Hook.)

We had front row seats for Wishes at Noodle Station and Tinker Bell/Bill flew right over us! It was hard to tell because they were going so fast but it looked like a guy to me... and they didn't seem to weigh under 100 lbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!