Tinkerbell rumor I heard (possible spoiler info)

Yes I used to work with a woman who was Tinkerbell during her Colleg Program years. She is very petite around 5' or under and weighs under 100lbs or just about.

She said she was paid much better than most people in the college program- and she was a former gymnast! She has even had the short pixe hair cut since then!

That's true of the stage versions of this play.

Sandy Duncan...

Cathy Rigby...

Mary Martin...

Peter Pan on stage has traditionally been played by a woman, ever since J.M. Barrie wrote the drama in 1904...
and since the popular musical version premiered on Broadway in 1954, and Mary Martin performed the role on TV in the 1950-60's.

There have been a few notable exceptions to this stage tradition, but not too many.

(And the actor who portrays Mr. Darling usually also plays Capt. Hook.)

The Cathy Rigby movie version used to confuse so much as a kid (I've never seen a Peter Pan stage version)!! I'd think to myself "Wow Peter seems really girlie I don't get why Wendy and Tink like him so much." I just assumed that Cathy Rigby was actually a guy! It wasn't until I was older that I figured it out hahaha.

I believe most of the info is true... they talked about it during the keys to the kingdom tour... I don't remember the details b/c it was over 2 years ago.

I'm tired of Living in the Northeast.. DH and DD's would love to go to disney more.. and since I spend most of our disposable income there ... I should probably get some from them as well.. so
We'll load up the truck and move to disney (Beverly Hillbies music here)
I'm 5 ft and 105 lbs.... where do I apply!!!!!

Haha...Tink gets paid so much because it is next to impossible to find an insurance compnay that will take up that person!

5'0-5'2 and between 95-110lbs.

tink1.jpg

$500, really? I'd pay them to get to do it!
Thank you!
I've never laughed so hard in my whole life! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Two questions...
Why don't they have a "no facial hair" policy for Tinker Bill?
and...
What do you think he tells his friends he does for a living?

Moved this thread tp our Rumors and Disney News Board:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

Thank you!
I've never laughed so hard in my whole life! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Two questions...
Why don't they have a "no facial hair" policy for Tinker Bill?
and...
What do you think he tells his friends he does for a living?
The person who originally posted that photo wrote that even though some people thought there appeared to be facial hair on the Tink, on his original photo it clearly is not and he actually posted another picture in the thread that showed what looks like facial hair is not. That picture is no longer available in the photo thread. Someone posted a link to the original photo thread earlier in this thread, so you can see what the person who took the pictures said about the pictures.

Disney is sooooo strict with employee image that I would highly doubt they would let a guy fly with facial hair....unless they were really strapped for a tink that night and maybe they figured probably no one would notice? I dunno, like I said Disney has OCD when it comes to employees' images.

Yeah, I've seen the pictures of the "mustachioed" Tinkerbell. "She" did look heavier than 100 lbs. I thought the $500 sounded outlandish as well. That's why I wanted to post here and see if anyone knew the "real" truth.

I wonder about the stories people tell. Even though this gal worked at MK, who knows if she wasn't a receiver of the rumor mill there too??

We talked with a CM who told us that Tink was paid $400 an hour. I have no idea if it is true through.

It's said Tink gets 8 hours of pay each day she works. Let's suppose that she's actually on the clock for a half hour. If her pay rate was $25/hour, she'd get $200 for that half hour, essentially being paid at the rate of $400/hour. I doubt those are the actual figures, but that's probably what these folks mean; not that her actual hourly pay rate as it shows on her check is $400.

The thought of Tinker Bill rather frightens me. :scared1: :scared:

It would take too long to type the entire article up, but if anyone used to subscribe to the now-extinct Disney Magazine, in the Fall 2004 issue (it has the Animated Movie Guide on the cover) there's an interesting 1-page article about Tiny Kline, who, at age 70, was Disneyland's first ever Tinker Bell.

Crazy!! I wonder if it's true!

Oh Disney secrets! :)

The thought of Tinker Bill rather frightens me. :scared1: :scared:

It would take too long to type the entire article up, but if anyone used to subscribe to the now-extinct Disney Magazine, in the Fall 2004 issue (it has the Animated Movie Guide on the cover) there's an interesting 1-page article about Tiny Kline, who, at age 70, was Disneyland's first ever Tinker Bell.
Yeah, I was trying to see if I could find that on line someplace. It was an interesting article.

Disney is sooooo strict with employee image that I would highly doubt they would let a guy fly with facial hair....unless they were really strapped for a tink that night and maybe they figured probably no one would notice? I dunno, like I said Disney has OCD when it comes to employees' images.
1. If Tink' is paid $500. per performance, it seems as if Disney could be strapped for a performer every now and then.
2. Those who reported facial hair on Tink', was that seen with the naked eye?
3. Some time back I read on these boards an account of a (guy) who turned down the face character position of Peter Pan because he would have to shave his chest.
Haha...Tink gets paid so much because it is next to impossible to find an insurance compnay that will wake up that person!
OT: Couldn't help it.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

2. Those who reported facial hair on Tink', was that seen with the naked eye?
No.
Someone took pictures of Tink's flight and posted them on a thread quite a while ago. When people saw the pictures, some posted on that thread that they thought it looked like Tink had facial hair. The OP of the pictures posted that the original photos did not show any facial hair. Someone posted copies of some of the pictures from that thread on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter