TinkAsh2001's Planning Journal! UPDATED 11/2 {Planning this far!!}

I found you on another TR and came over. Please tell your GF and his friends that serve thank you from Ohio for their service. I'm an Air Force brat born and raised, so I'm very grateful of our servicemen. Your dress is beautiful and I love your colors. Can't wait to follow along.

I found you on another TR and came over. Please tell your GF and his friends that serve thank you from Ohio for their service. I'm an Air Force brat born and raised, so I'm very grateful of our servicemen. Your dress is beautiful and I love your colors. Can't wait to follow along.

Thank you so much! I will defintely tell him!

I am so glad you guys are here! yay! I am going to work on an installment now!

How/ Why We Picked The Date:
After deciding on our date June 6, 2009 (D-Day) we had many people ask why?! Well, my grandparents passed away before I was born & I would give ANYTHING to have just 1 day with them & meet them but I never did. They got married on June 5. So since that was a friday & we didnt want to chance people not being able to come because of work & things we decided on June 6 the saturday! I bought a special Memorial vase to put on the alter. It will have pink carnations because my mom said that was her favorite flower. I will also carry a picture of them pinned on my bouquet.

Shopping so far:
We have been shopping a few times for random wedding stuff & DFI actually doesnt mind it. We wanted something different besides the normal guestbook we would never look at again so here is what we got:
wedding001.jpg
We got a great deal on it & we loved the frame.
I also have seen on a mesage board the idea of having the i do letters on the cake table & I LOVED it! So here are the ones I bought & painted for our table:
wedding002-1.jpg

We also have bought our bubbles. I have brown & pink ribbon tied on them & labels that say Clint & Ashley June 6, 2009 Thanks for sharing our special day with us!
We found our card box at Target in the dollar spot & couldnt pass it up:
wedding200.jpg

I bought the bridesmaids gifts also but dont want to post incase they come across this page! If you want inof just PM me. They are super cute & a decent price also!
Well, I hope I havent been to boring so far!
Also, Our original honeymoon was only 4 nights, 5 days but I found out from a friend (Army Wife) That sea world offers the troops/ military free admission 1 time a year. So since I called to make sure it was legit we added a day on so now are get 5 nights 6 days! I was so excited when DFI agreed!!! YAY!

I'm doing something a little different for the memorial part of our wedding. Rob's grandmother and my great aunt were very important to us and they've both passed on. We bought these small frames with ribbon to go on my bouquet (just as a possible idea):
JMW06752_270lr.jpg

I like what you're doing as well. :) I'm going to have to get I DO next time I'm in Bangor (Friday yay!) We have no craft store up here! Great idea!

Keep up the great posts! I'll be reading! popcorn::

I'm doing something a little different for the memorial part of our wedding. Rob's grandmother and my great aunt were very important to us and they've both passed on. We bought these small frames with ribbon to go on my bouquet (just as a possible idea):
JMW06752_270lr.jpg

I like what you're doing as well. :) I'm going to have to get I DO next time I'm in Bangor (Friday yay!) We have no craft store up here! Great idea!

Keep up the great posts! I'll be reading! popcorn::

I loved that frame. I bought one thinking it was a lot bigger & when it came it was tiny so now I am going to order one of these!

So I know it is early & we still have a while until I can book ADR's but I have been looking at some of the places we would like to go! Tell me what you think & maybe some of your favorites. Keep in mind DFI is a meat & potato guy. I like bread & veggies.
We are only doing 1 each park except for the park we choose to have 2 days in. Tell me which you would choose for each park & add pictures if you have any!!
Magic Kingdom:
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Plaza

Epcot:

We defintley want Coral Reef

Hollywood Studios:

50's Prime Time
Sci- Fi

Animal Kingdom:

Donald's Breakfast

DTD:
We want to try the new T-Rex

Tell me what you think!
Also, does anyone know about how far in advance they release the park hours?! I am wanting to coordinate my ADR's with the EMH for the parks each day. We are not doing park hoppers.
Also, if you can do 1 park 2 days which would you choose?!

I would definitely do Magic Kingdom for two days... that's because it's my fav park!

I'm doing CRT for Magic Kingdom and Crystal Palace for lunch. I would choose Sci fi for HS, just because the atmosphere is so great! The T-rex place looks awesome! You should definitely try it out and give us all a review!

Everything else looks great!

I would do MK for 2 days also. There is SO much to do and see in that park. I've done CRT and did not enjoy it, IMO. DH and I went to LTT last year for lunch and loved it. I got some creamy tomato pasta dish that was delish! We also had an orange frozen slushie thing? It was fabulous! I like the CP too. They had a really good buffet. 50's Prime Time Cafe is a good choice at DHS. Haven't eaten at Sci-fi so can't offer an opinion on that.

Hey I just caught up on your pj! Congrats and I love your ideas so far! can't wait to hear more! Also- I agree MK for two days there is so much to do there!

just wanted to say welcome and congrats you plan sound wonderful- your colors are pretty! looking forward to hearing more of your plans. I would def plan two days for MK too!:goodvibes

Welcome!

I'm glad I found your PJ!

I was a military brat, my Dad retired Army.

Pass our thanks on to your DF and his friends!

Definitely MK for two days! Take your time and soak it all in!

My first time I rushed and rushed, I want to go slow and see everything next time back!

i just found your PJ! :surfweb: Everything sounds great, can't wait to see it all come together! The dress looks great, and I love the signature mat.

So I know it is early & we still have a while until I can book ADR's but I have been looking at some of the places we would like to go! Tell me what you think & maybe some of your favorites. Keep in mind DFI is a meat & potato guy. I like bread & veggies.
We are only doing 1 each park except for the park we choose to have 2 days in. Tell me which you would choose for each park & add pictures if you have any!!
Magic Kingdom:
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Plaza

Epcot:

We defintley want Coral Reef

Hollywood Studios:

50's Prime Time
Sci- Fi

Animal Kingdom:

Donald's Breakfast

DTD:
We want to try the new T-Rex

Tell me what you think!
Also, does anyone know about how far in advance they release the park hours?! I am wanting to coordinate my ADR's with the EMH for the parks each day. We are not doing park hoppers.
Also, if you can do 1 park 2 days which would you choose?!

I'm an Epcot geek, so I would pick there as my two day place.

One place that I think you would like at Epcot, since he's a meat and potatoes type of guy is the Rose and Crown Pub in England. Literally - you can get bangers and mash (meat and potatoes!). One of my favorite Disney eating places, you can get a table right on the water.

My favorite lunch place is San Angel Inn in Mexico - but that's because I'm a mexican food fan.

And of course - Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm taking the women of my family there (including FG, and Jr.B) for dinner and then shopping around for my bachlorette party. I'm not a drinker/partier, so it makes sense for us. I love the RFC food - Rasta Pasta is a fav with Rainforest Pitas for an app and Sheba's Jungle Juice as a drink. Oh I'm getting hungry:faint:

I'm an Epcot geek, so I would pick there as my two day place.

One place that I think you would like at Epcot, since he's a meat and potatoes type of guy is the Rose and Crown Pub in England. Literally - you can get bangers and mash (meat and potatoes!). One of my favorite Disney eating places, you can get a table right on the water.

My favorite lunch place is San Angel Inn in Mexico - but that's because I'm a mexican food fan.

And of course - Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm taking the women of my family there (including FG, and Jr.B) for dinner and then shopping around for my bachlorette party. I'm not a drinker/partier, so it makes sense for us. I love the RFC food - Rasta Pasta is a fav with Rainforest Pitas for an app and Sheba's Jungle Juice as a drink. Oh I'm getting hungry:faint:
Since DFI wants to get something from all the different countries we were thinking of doing this 2 days but then I would rather go to Magic cause its my favorite! He said its up to me so we shall see!! LOL!
i just found your PJ! :surfweb: Everything sounds great, can't wait to see it all come together! The dress looks great, and I love the signature mat.
Thanks so much! We wanted something different besides the book we would never look at so we liked the frame!
Your plans sound great! I am having pink and brown for my colors as well. Great choice..:thumbsup2
I love pink & brown..Its a very popular color combi & brown is the NEW wedding color! I love it!
Welcome!

I'm glad I found your PJ!

I was a military brat, my Dad retired Army.

Pass our thanks on to your DF and his friends!

Definitely MK for two days! Take your time and soak it all in!

My first time I rushed and rushed, I want to go slow and see everything next time back!

Thanks for joining my journal!! Tell your dad thank you! Veterans are amazing! I am thinking MK for day 2 also!!!

Well, I made the appointment to get our engagment pictures made on Sept. 11!!! I am excited! DFI will be wearing his acu uniform! Incase you are clueless here is a picture:
acu1.jpg

So I bought a cute dress shirt that is black & has white polka dots and I was going to wear some black pants. Will that be to dressy? Should I just wear kakhis & a shirt?!
Also, we registered for the Disney's Honeymoon Registry. My mom said that was dumb because no one would get us anything off of it. I know my family wont but I thought maybe a friend or something would! Who knows! We will see!
Well, Thats all for now let me know your opinions on the outfit!

Hello again. I would pick Epcot, because I love the World Showcase, but I understand picking MK too. I love the ideas of the pictures on the bouquet, that is a great idea!

Since DFI wants to get something from all the different countries we were thinking of doing this 2 days but then I would rather go to Magic cause its my favorite! He said its up to me so we shall see!! LOL!

What is your (and your DF's) favorite ride? My DF loves Test Track, but I'm a Space Mountain person. I could do the two days in MK as well. Either way you're in WDW with your (at the time) DH - so it's all good!! princess:

What is your (and your DF's) favorite ride? My DF loves Test Track, but I'm a Space Mountain person. I could do the two days in MK as well. Either way you're in WDW with your (at the time) DH - so it's all good!! princess:

DFI has never been to Disney this will be his first trip! He already knows he will love it! As for me I LOVE disney but I am also a chicken when it comes to rides. My favorite is proubally Soarin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter