Timeline

Got everything I needed this morning and was able to log on to dvcmember.com to waitlist our first reservation :thumbsup2 (HHI in April - wish me luck...) pixiedust:

From a timeline perspective, we were exactly 60 days from presented offer to first reservation.

Congrats! Could you let me know either here or through PM how you worked your magic to get all of the information from member services? I am calling and they are telling me I have to wait to get my membership number in the mail to get any additional information :confused3

I told them I have a contract number and information about the previous member, and still no luck. Maybe I am calling the wrong people? :confused3

Hooray! As of 9:00 a.m. This morning my contract has closed! Hoping 7-10 days from now I will be able to make my reservation!

michelleiada said:
Hooray! As of 9:00 a.m. This morning my contract has closed! Hoping 7-10 days from now I will be able to make my reservation!

Yay! I know you have been waiting!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

PhillyCPA said:
Congrats! Could you let me know either here or through PM how you worked your magic to get all of the information from member services? I am calling and they are telling me I have to wait to get my membership number in the mail to get any additional information :confused3

I told them I have a contract number and information about the previous member, and still no luck. Maybe I am calling the wrong people? :confused3

Follow the prompts to speak to MEMBER ADMINISTRATION. Member Services can't help you yet. Member Administration, however should be able to.

PhillyCPA said:

I called yesterday and followed the prompts to member services, booking a vacation. The guy I got wasn't overly friendly, but he did help a little. I said I had recently closed and was looking to get my member number. He asked for my name and was able find the member number. I asked him what I needed to do in order to register on dvcmember.com - he went and looked up my club ID but said I wouldn't be able to log in until I had my one time activation code. He also said there were no points associated with my account. Told me to call back in 3 days.

Well, I'm impatient so I called back today and got a very friendly lady. I gave her my member number and told her I needed my one time code. She was able to find that and then offered to help me get setup on the website. Points were loaded and everything!

Sounds like it really just depends on who you get. Good luck!

belias21 said:
I called yesterday and followed the prompts to member services, booking a vacation. The guy I got wasn't overly friendly, but he did help a little. I said I had recently closed and was looking to get my member number. He asked for my name and was able find the member number. I asked him what I needed to do in order to register on dvcmember.com - he went and looked up my club ID but said I wouldn't be able to log in until I had my one time activation code. He also said there were no points associated with my account. Told me to call back in 3 days.

Well, I'm impatient so I called back today and got a very friendly lady. I gave her my member number and told her I needed my one time code. She was able to find that and then offered to help me get setup on the website. Points were loaded and everything!

Sounds like it really just depends on who you get. Good luck!

Ok...if you don't mind me asking, how long ago did your contract close? Just wondering how long I should wait before I call.

michelleiada said:
Ok...if you don't mind me asking, how long ago did your contract close? Just wondering how long I should wait before I call.

I waited a week before I called. I was set up in the system.

I called DVC Member Administration this morning to get my member number. Once I had that, I was able to call Member Services and get the Club ID along with the one-time activation code. For anyone who has questions about that final process, member services gave me a hard time about getting my membership number, but member administration helped me out immediately. I would suggest calling MA first and then giving MS a call for the final pieces. Once I knew the correct approach, it was painless and only took five minutes.

Here is our final timeline:

8/9 - Sent offer to TSS
8/10 - Offer accepted by buyer and we received the contract
8/13 - Mailed contract along with deposit
8/14 - Contract sent to Disney for ROFR
9/12 - Received waiver of ROFR
9/13 - Received closing documents
9/17 - Closing documents and final payment sent off
9/19 - Received "Welcome Home" email from TSS and were notified contract closed.
9/19 - Deed already showing on OCC website
9/26 - Called MA for Membership Number and MS for additional information
9/26 - Logged into DVCMembers.com and points were already loaded :thumbsup2

Looks like it was 49 days from start to finish. Not too shabby. I had a great experience with TSS and I feel that they did their best to keep things moving as quickly as possible.

Looks like it was 49 days from start to finish. Not too shabby. I had a great experience with TSS and I feel that they did their best to keep things moving as quickly as possible.

Yep, I used TSS as well and they (and ***) were awesome! Congrats on getting everything setup. 49 days is really good!

2 months and 2 days so far. Contract closed Tuesday morning. My deed is showing on Orange County comptroller web site but called DVC Member administration and the contract is still showing previous owners name. I need to make my June reservation soon....hope it's not much longer. I have to say that all the years we have called Disney for reservations they have always been sooo nice and super magical on the phone...didn't find that with DVC Member administration...she was very monotone...wouldn't say rude but certainly not friendly at all. Not what I've come to expect from Disney.

DannysMom said:
I waited a week before I called. I was set up in the system.

Seller took a long time to get do s back so closed later then I hoped... Our 11 month window has just passed and I'm getting anxious. My deed showed up on OCC website Friday, 9/27... Got actual email on Monday, 10/1 that we closed...When would you folks start calling Disney?

nala1128 said:
Seller took a long time to get do s back so closed later then I hoped... Our 11 month window has just passed and I'm getting anxious. My deed showed up on OCC website Friday, 9/27... Got actual email on Monday, 10/1 that we closed...When would you folks start calling Disney?

I'd say the earliest I would call would be Friday, you might be setup by then. But there have been reports recently that set up has been taking closer to 10 days than a week, so you might need to call back next week sometime.

Now that we are all the way through the process and officially DVC owners, I thought I would post the whole timeline:

7/25 made offer
7/26 seller countered and we negotiated a bit and agreed
7/28 received contract, signed and returned with deposit check
7/30 sellers contract and ours received, sent to Disney for ROFR
8/28 received notice that we passed ROFR
9/5 received closing docs
9/10 mailed all docs and payment out to Title company
9/12 received confirmation that our docs were received
9/28 finally posted on OCC site (Seller took longer than expected to return their docs)
10/1- notice of closing sent to Disney
10/9- notified that transfer of ownership complete
10/10- points loaded, logged into site and booked first trip :cool1:

A little more than 2 months from start to finish!!!

So, once I close, (I am hoping soon as the title company received the paperwork and check on Monday), How long can I expect before I see the actual membership cards?
We have a previously booked package the end of November, and I am hoping to be able to upgrade our passes with the DVC membership offer, visit a DVC Holiday Mixer, and visit the top of the World Lounge. Do you think I will have my cards in time?

GoGoJulie said:
So, once I close, (I am hoping soon as the title company received the paperwork and check on Monday), How long can I expect before I see the actual membership cards?
We have a previously booked package the end of November, and I am hoping to be able to upgrade our passes with the DVC membership offer, visit a DVC Holiday Mixer, and visit the top of the World Lounge. Do you think I will have my cards in time?

My informed guess is that you will not make it. Sellers often take longer than buyers to get their closing documents in. Once all the documents are in and recorded on the OCC site it takes another week or two for Disney to get your accounts created, and still longer to send out the cards.

If your accounts are created by the time you are down there a call to Member Administration with your sellers name and contract number should be able to get you your membership number. Once you have your membership number, I understand that it is possible to get a membership card printed at the DVC sales center at SSR. but even that may be a tight race. GL.

My informed guess is that you will not make it. Sellers often take longer than buyers to get their closing documents in. Once all the documents are in and recorded on the OCC site it takes another week or two for Disney to get your accounts created, and still longer to send out the cards.

If your accounts are created by the time you are down there a call to Member Administration with your sellers name and contract number should be able to get you your membership number. Once you have your membership number, I understand that it is possible to get a membership card printed at the DVC sales center at SSR. but even that may be a tight race. GL.

Thanks for the information. I will keep my fingers crossed that I will have enough info before my trip, but either way I will be happy just to be at WDW!
Thanks! Julie

Follow the prompts to speak to MEMBER ADMINISTRATION. Member Services can't help you yet. Member Administration, however should be able to.

I spoke with both Member Administration and Member Services - they both indicated that they couldn't do anything until I had my member number. We want to book a week in a studio in early June, so (like everyone else), we're in a hurry.

We closed on 10/31; showed up on OCC website on 11/1. Today, Member Services confirmed that they could see our account but told me they couldn't do anything until we got the member #.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter