Time things open on embarkation

jenpink

DIS Veteran
I am traveling on the Fantasy in January and will have a low boarding number. I have been reading that sometimes boarding starts as early as 11 or 11:15. When that happens what exactly is open on board? Is Cabanas open or does it not open until 12? How about the Aquaduck? Does it not open until 12? Or is it open as soon as boarding starts? thanks for any info :)

I am traveling on the Fantasy in January and will have a low boarding number. I have been reading that sometimes boarding starts as early as 11 or 11:15. When that happens what exactly is open on board? Is Cabanas open or does it not open until 12? How about the Aquaduck? Does it not open until 12? Or is it open as soon as boarding starts? thanks for any info :)

In the majority of the cases your staterooms are still not ready so most passengers head toward the top deck to enjoy a meal at Cabanas or grab a snack at one of the places by the pool area. Yes, the Aquaduck will be open so I would suggest you pack your swimsuits in your carry-on bags. Obviously none of the stores are open while your in port.

As a note, the port officially opens at 11:00am (sometimes as early as 10:30/10:45) but boarding doesn't typically begin until more like 11:30am. It could be earlier, but you shouldn't expect to be onboard as early as 11:00am.

The AquaDuck may not open until noon, though it is possible it might open earlier. The pools are open as soon as boarding begins, as is Cabanas (or the appropriate top-deck buffet on each ship). By the time you grab a bite of lunch, most things will be open; staterooms likely will not be available until 1:30pm and the shops will not be open until the ship is out to sea.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've never seen or read about boarding starting at 11:00....but then, I'd never heard of it happening at 11:15 till that occurred on our May Fantasy cruise.

I believe that they do not start boarding until services are ready to begin (could be wrong, but can only relate our experience). Staterooms are normally not available till 1:30. We had Platinum boarding, so actually boarded about 11:17. We found the restaurants open (both Cabanas and Enchanted Garden), the Aquaduck operating, and the pools open. Remy/Palo reservations and dining changes were listed to start at 12; they were open when we went over there after lunch, and had no line at that time.

My best advice I can give after doing my first disney cruise last week is..just roam around! Check out the ship, don't bring too much carry on stuff with you, wear your swim suits if your going to swim and there will be a few places open to eat, your rooms might be open earlier...time flies in those first few hours..the biggest advice is DO NOT OVERPLAN your first day! Just relax..there is PLENTY of time to do it all!

How do you know when your room is ready?

My best advice I can give after doing my first disney cruise last week is..just roam around! Check out the ship, don't bring too much carry on stuff with you, wear your swim suits if your going to swim and there will be a few places open to eat, your rooms might be open earlier...time flies in those first few hours..the biggest advice is DO NOT OVERPLAN your first day! Just relax..there is PLENTY of time to do it all!

kuhltiffany said:
How do you know when your room is ready?

We just went to our floor at the time they said they would be ready. The hallways are roped off until they are ready, so when the rope is down, you can go in!

Last month we were in group 3 and boarded about 11:20. The aquaduck was running and the pools were open. Cabanas opened a few minutes before 12. We were able to get into our rooms at about 1:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter