time and order

Leeanne

Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming
My DBf and I are going on our second trip this coming Sept :banana::banana: and out 180 day is next Tues. I am trying to plan using the current times on the calendar for Wishes, IllumiNation, ect, ect. What would be good times to try to book so that we have time for a "relaxing" (or as relaxing as it gets) and still make it on time to them. Also what order would you suggest doing my reservations. I know that Chef Mickey is a big one so I figured that one at the top but what about the rest. Any and all help is very gratefully accepted!!

Sept 6
Whispering Cannon Cafe
Want to make it back for SpectroMagic @ 9 and Wishes @ 10

Sept 7
Ohana

Sept 8
Chef Mickey
looks like MNNSHP is this night and we are wanting to go

Sept 9
Mama Melrose
This will be Fantasmic so I know its between 3-5 but where in order

Sept 10
Garden Grill
IllumiNations

Sept 11
Cape May Cafe

Sept 12
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
What is the difference between 5 and 7:15 show other than time?
MK has EMH that we will probably go back for and possible see wishes again

Sept 13
Boma

Sept 14
Askerus (Or however you spell that restaurant in Norway, I can't spell my way out of a paper sack!)
Possible seeing IllumiNations again

These will all be dinners. Thank in advance!

I am going to bump this to see if I can get any help. I know its our second trip but the first one was a nightmare as we used a travel agent that I swear was spawn of Satan! I will take any ideas, suggestions, helpful limericks, ect! Thanks!

Our trips cross. I'm doing the same thing...trying to plan around Wishes, etc. I think it all depends on where you plan to dine from a timing perspective. Also, I think it would depend on where you plan to view them from. Some spots fill up fast. I suggest trying to get to your desired location 30 to 45 minutes before the show and then allowing for travel time too. It will also depend on if you have your own car or are using Disney transportation, etc.

Happy planning.

Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana are the two most popular places in your list, so I would start there. By booking exactly at your 180-day mark, I doubt you will have any problem snagging a reservation at the other restaurants you mentioned.

As for the times, I suggest eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe no later than 6:30 p.m. to secure an optimal viewing spot for SpectroMagic. This ensures that if your meal takes an hour and the transportation to the Magic Kingdom from the Wilderness Lodge, you spent only 90 minutes. For all these places, though, especially the crowded ones, you have to consider the possibility of a relatively long waiting period, even with your reservation. So for every restaurant, if you're bent on making the nighttime show, I suggest acting conservative and leave a longer window than you initially expect you'll need.

For Mama Melrose's, are you using the Fantasmic! Dinner Package? If so, it doesn't really matter when you make the reservation because you will have a voucher for the show.

I would eat at Garden Grill no later than 7 p.m. That should leave you plenty of time to walk across the park and find your favorite World Showcase location to watch IllumiNations.

There is no difference between the two performances of the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue, so don't let that sway your decision.

Hope some of this helps!

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it! I feel so lost trying to do this. Its all confusing and I feel like I have no clue what I am doing. Thanks for the suggestions and the help! @ Ohio good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter