Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Mixman88, Nov 2, 2017.

1. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

I love Tim and Jen Tracker and very much enjoy the content of their vlogs. They deserve whatever income it generates. It is evident that they put a lot of time and energy into what they do and we get to enjoy it for free. I hope they continue to be successful because that means they are giving the fans what they want...more Disney. They are real people, with great personality, sharing the love of Disney. Kudos to them!

2. Leopardchucks

Leopardchucks Riff Raff, Street Rat

I love Tim & Jenn as well!
    I would definitely say hello to them, and (depending on their activity) ask to take a picture.

*nerd confession*
    I’ve also got a low key crush on Adam the Woo. Lol
    I’d totally try to get a selfie with him too.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Hunterr

Hunterr DIS Veteran

oh thank the maker, i thought i was the only one.

5. GeneralTso

GeneralTso DIS Veteran

This is so silly. People are taking pictures and selfies all over the park.
    If this were truly being enforced, Ryno better get a handler because he would cause a mob scene. He is the nicest guy and people always want a picture with him.

6. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

Wonderfully put.

7. BKSinAZ

BKSinAZ Earning My Ears

Many people are jealous of others who are making money, even if that means YouTube vloggers.
    Some people envious of others who receive free gifts at and donations.

8. Just People

Just People Lurker

Tim Tracker is actually a lot more tolerable since he got rid of his "LOOK AT ME" dumb mustache. There's another guy, he always wears a black and white baseball hat and has an irritatingly phony cartoon voice, he's just the worst. Adam The Woo is getting a little long on the tooth for his punk gimmick, but he's ok.

mkb3 and Catvondita like this.
  9. KellyHonos

KellyHonos DisneyDivaxo

I see this post is a couple years old, but I was not aware that Disney will ask certain people to not take photos with guests....What is the point of them asking that people do this? I'm not really sure I understand? Do they ask celebs to not take photos with guests when they choose to visit the parks as well? Are they asked to refrain from doing so because it can cause a herd? I'm lost

10. KellyHonos

KellyHonos DisneyDivaxo

Okay, so I read through the first 3 pages and got a gist of why Disney would ask this. I understand to a degree, but also, unless the actual GUESTS are informed that there will be no photo ops with the "famous" (I hate that word) guest, people will still crowd around the person, regardless of photos being involved or not. So how does asking the "famous" person to refrain from taking photos with eager guests bring crowding and herding to a stop? I don't think it does. Does anyone know who Grav3yardgirl is on youtube? She has millions of subs, which makes her pretty "famous" in terms of Youtube, and she has had meet and greets in WDW before...I wonder if she got clearance from the Magic Kingdom beforehand? To me, it always sounded like it was thrown together by her and her subs. Now it makes me interested to go back into her old videos about being in WDW and see how it went. I don't watch her much anymore so I can't recall how long ago she was there last, but I recall her saying something about "Meet me in front of the haunted mansion" (her fav ride). I understand that when a concentration of people forms in one single spot, it can cause issues, but I still don't understand how asking the "famous" person to not take photos with guests does anything to aid in the issue. Very interesting, to say the least.

11. verleniahall

verleniahall DIS Veteran

Ive seen people in other groups get selfies with Tim and Jenn so I think it might have been a thing for that one time

12. ELLH

ELLH Mouseketeer

The ironic thing is your avatar has the same "LOOK AT ME", "dumb" mustache. ;)

If you're talking about Justin Scarred... I'm 100% with you on the voice/theatrics. Not my cup of tea.

Sehsun, Just People, Jennasis and 2 others like this.
  13. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Since that OP said something, he had clarification given to him and he has mentioned it in a couple of videos, basically if it is disrupting park operations or impacting other guests enjoyment of the parks, it isn't allowed, mostly this is they don't want a large group of people surrounding them, but one or two occasionally is usually fine. This basic rule is true for everyone, regardless of if they are recognizable or not, it is just that those who are recognizable get held to a higher standard.

Additionally, some of this may also tie into the fact that Disney is now inviting them to more and more events and giving them things to review and Disney expects them to give honest reviews about both what they liked and didn't like.

samsteele and SorcererHeidi like this.
  14. SL6827

SL6827 Them, loving the lake. Me- not so much!

Wonder if they have said anything to Micheal Kay?