Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Mixman88, Nov 2, 2017.

1. MikeTaylor

MikeTaylor Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!

Being an audio engineer, I work with "celebrities" (some I know, some I don't) all the time, so I know how fickle (for lack of a better word) crowds can be and seen how artists deal with that. Believe me, it can most certainly be a safety issue. I cringe watching Josh Bell's walk-through Disneyland videos when girls react and start following him. The line is definitely crossed when instead of an autograph or selfie, they want hair or clothing. Without security present, things can get out-of-hand very quickly.

I feel like the Trackers do not fit into this category. While they are well-known among the vlog and parks community, their target demographic should definitely behave themselves if they ever saw them doing their job. That being said, you never know what could happen.

2. Tom P.

Tom P. Mouseketeer

One of my goals in life is to get a selfie with @WebmasterPete in front of Boatwright's and with @DisneyKevin in front of Coral Reef...

Just saying.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Leroymond

Leroymond Earning My Ears

Because there is a rule about non-Disney sanctioned meet-and-greets, I bet some previous non-Disney meet-and-greet ruined this for everyone else. That's usually why these rules are in place.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  5. dhenry63

dhenry63 Earning My Ears

I met Tim in August at Hollywood studios and he took a selfie with me

old feller likes this.
  6. NuttyDisneyDad

NuttyDisneyDad Disney veteran

I just want to change the subject lol.... Bring back the daily vlog Adam The Woo!!!!

7. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Please no. That guy is unbearable.

8. woolf5150

woolf5150 Earning My Ears

Who cares?! Aren't we all just taking pictures with friends!

disneyland_is_magic likes this.
  9. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Puhlease. I have been at several of Lou's meets where security came over and made us all disperse. He gets no preferential treatment.

Clare Voince likes this.
  10. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

And yet tour groups get to chant and sing or do their cheerleading routines wherever and whenever en masse.

11. CJLove79

CJLove79 Hakuna Matata, What a wonderful phrase!!!!!

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  12. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

Ugh. I was trapped in the SE line when a group of Brazilians went into a flash mob singing AND dancing. They needed more practice, it wasn't good.

Alicenwonderment likes this.
  13. BradChristian

BradChristian Mouseketeer

Interesting! I was talking to Logan Sekulow (WDW Today) and he is at the point to where he doesn't want to build another show based on Disney because he worries about how Disney could crush it in a minute if they wanted to.

Vlogs, Podcast and Networks like the Dis and TheTimTracker are new territory for corporate america... I admire Pete, Tim, and all the innovators who thought outside the box so many years ago...

Heck - Bob Varley was SO ahead of his time. Kart Kam and his public access show? Primitive by today's standards but incredibly innovative for the time.

14. Ceilidhscot

Ceilidhscot Mouseketeer

Don't see the interest in taking a selfie with a vlogger myself TBH, I'm there to take photos of my family. If there was a massive group round the guy though, fair enough for Disneg CM to ask them to move on and as to what they earn, none of anyone but the taxmans business.

Clare Voince and SorcererHeidi like this.
  15. Cornish Lad

Cornish Lad Mouseketeer

Luckily he has retired himself from those daily blogs - phew!

16. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Good to know.

17. NuttyDisneyDad

NuttyDisneyDad Disney veteran

I have it on good authority that he is prepping for a comeback!!! Woohoo

old feller likes this.
  18. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

FWIW it’s quite easy to not see any vlogger you don’t enjoy watching. :)

I really enjoy Tim and Jenn Tracker’s YouTube videos, and if they are making an income out of them, I think that’s great. Not everyone has on-camera charisma, but they do.

I would love to find a way to make a living by visiting Disney’s parks and resorts. But I would not have the talent to find things to film and talk about as prolifically as they do. Let alone, I don’t have the look or speaking ability that translates as well in video. Not to mention that I don’t have great photography skills, and my husband is worse behind the camera than I am.

The Trackers are earning their bread honestly, and they are naturally engaging on film. Kudos to them, but I’m not likely to ask for a photo and def not an autograph. I would tell them that I liked their videos though. LOL!

19. old feller

old feller Mouseketeer

He posted a pic today on social media from The Grand Canyon

20. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

i have always though that Tim would get annoying very fast ............and god forbid ya get a few drinks in him.

TomorrowlandKD and hertamaniac like this.
  21. jwhitty5

jwhitty5 Disney Historian in the making

Anything and anyone is better than Frank Goodman of Dizney Junkies (facebook) doing his idiotic facebook lives in the parks. He is the worst.

dwheaton, Retroecho and MushyMushy like this.