Hi -

I have 7 day PH G+ tickets purchased for 18-25 Jul (2022) along with Park Res for each day.

We've decided we wanted to hit up Typh Lag this trip so I am looking at adding the PH plus upgrade.

I know we can upgrade through the website but here is my question that is keeping me from doing so:

Will my current Park Reservations get reset once I upgrade? (Meaning - will I lose my current reservations since I"m upgrading to the PH Plus).

I've read about folks who have upgraded tickets to AP and believe I saw Disney stating they had issues where the Park Reservations were being removed when folks did that.

Hello! So, I have 2-day COMP base tickets that we received back in 2016 when Disney closed 2 days for Hurricane Matthew. I contacted them about getting a refund on my unused days (I went for a long weekend and had a 4 or 5 day ticket and was able to use only 2 or 3 days) and they issued us 2-day base tickets instead. I have a "Will Call" number and have never tried to link the tickets to MDE because every time we have gone since 2016, it has made more financial sense to purchase the tickets or AP that I needed, instead of trying to use these 2-day base tickets and purchase the remaining tickers... However, it's been 6 years since they were issued, and I have a 4-day trip coming up. I'm thinking about using these tickets and then buying 2-day PHs. Here are my questions and I would love your savvy expertise and experience:

1. The tickets are comp and non-upgradeable. I assume I cannot pay to turn them into hoppers, correct? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone that has been able to add-on to a comp ticket here in the DIS. (Language from the email: "complimentary tickets cannot be upgraded nor can they be applied toward a package to meet eligibility requirements.")

2. I'm going to take the plunge and add them to MDE and cross my fingers that they work. If, for any reason, that doesn't work (it has been 6 years!)), is there a specific knowledgeable ticket line I can call? Or should I plan to call and not try to do this online?

3. OK, let's assume I've been able to link the tickets and purchase new tickets. Can someone walk me through the best way to prioritize tickets and especially, if there is a way for me to do this without having to go to Guest Relations? Could the Contemporary Resort do it for me? Here is the kicker, I may want to use the 2 days of Base tickets on arrival and departure days (half-days each) so I would have to prioritize the Base ticket on day 1, the PH tickets on day 2-3 and the Base Ticket on Day 4. UGH!

4. And finally, does it matter that I will have 2 separate sets of tickets for the purpose of making Park Reservations. Are specific tickets tied to a reservation, or does it simply look to make sure you have enough days covered?

Any other suggestions or recommendations? TIA!

most places that offer discounted tickets have not released their 2023 tickets (ticketatworks, etc..)

How long does it usually take?

Ok so I just renewed my AP which expires on 6/24 and I finally got it to link to my MDE...although my current expiration date is not until June 24th the expiration date for my new AP shows June 15th, 2023....I expected the new expiration date to be exactly a year later has this changed???

Ok so I just renewed my AP which expires on 6/24 and I finally got it to link to my MDE...although my current expiration date is not until June 24th the expiration date for my new AP shows June 15th, 2023....I expected the new expiration date to be exactly a year later has this changed???
No. MDE is showing you the expiration for the renewal voucher that you just purchased. You have until June 15, 2023 to activate your new AP, which will then expire on June 24, 2023. If you don't activate it by June 15, 2023, the amount you just paid becomes a credit that you can apply to the purchase of a new AP or other ticket. IOW, the days of buying multiple AP vouchers and activating them years later (when AP prices are much higher) are over.

No. MDE is showing you the expiration for the renewal voucher that you just purchased. You have until June 15, 2023 to activate your new AP, which will then expire on June 24, 2023. If you don't activate it by June 15, 2023, the amount you just paid becomes a credit that you can apply to the purchase of a new AP or other ticket. IOW, the days of buying multiple AP vouchers and activating them years later (when AP prices are much higher) are over.
Thank you!

Has anyone had any Success in buying a Ticket that is longer than 10 days? Can they add days at the hotel to it or will I need to buy another 5 day ticket to get 15 days at the parks?

Has anyone had any Success in buying a Ticket that is longer than 10 days? Can they add days at the hotel to it or will I need to buy another 5 day ticket to get 15 days at the parks?
There are longer tickets available to UK residents (maybe Europe and Australia?). But in the US the longest ticket is 10 days. If you have a longer visit planned, maybe try adding the waterparks & sports option, which with a 10 day ticket gives you 10 extra options and extends the ticket use window to 15 days. So 15 days to use the 10 theme park entries and 10 "plus" options (waterparks, mini-golf, Oak Trail 9-hole golf and/or Oak Trail footgolf).

I was told that everyone in the room has to have the same type on ticket is this true? I was told the My Disney experience would not work you have different types of tickets. I wanted to get myself and husband 4 day base tickets but my 2 teenagers 4 day hoppers with water parks but told we can't do that.?

I was told that everyone in the room has to have the same type on ticket is this true? I was told the My Disney experience would not work you have different types of tickets. I wanted to get myself and husband 4 day base tickets but my 2 teenagers 4 day hoppers with water parks but told we can't do that.?
If you book a package, then everyone on the reservation needs to have the same tickets. If you book a room-only reservation, everyone can have different tickets if the want to.

Problems with booking Genie + could happen when one person had an AP and others had multi-day tickets. It wasn't a problem if various people had different types of multi-day tickets.

Hi all! I tried searching the thread but didn't find quite what I think I'm looking for.

We are thinking of doing a split stay, 3 nights in the first resort and 2 nights in the second resort. We only want to do 2 park days total, one of which would fall on the second day at the second resort (in other words, we change resorts Tuesday, second park day is Wednesday). I think I understand correctly that if we buy a two day ticket as a package with the first resort, that ticket would expire on our check out day from that resort. Can/will Disney extend the expiration of the ticket through the second stay or would I need to add a one day ticket to each resort stay (in other words, book two packages)?

Thanks for any help!

I think I understand correctly that if we buy a two day ticket as a package with the first resort, that ticket would expire on our check out day from that resort.
A ticket bought with a package will expire the later of check-out day OR based on the length of ticket. A 2-day ticket is valid for any 2 days within a 4-day window based on the start date (a ticket bought with a package automatically starts check-in day regardless of your first planned park day).

Unless your first park day is check-in day, I recommend buying tickets separately and making a room-only resort reservation. The ticket should then extend far enough to use on your 2nd stay. Alternatively, a 2-day ticket is minimal savings over two 1-day tickets. Buy separate tickets for each if your planned days are more than 4 days apart.

A ticket bought with a package will expire the later of check-out day OR based on the length of ticket. A 2-day ticket is valid for any 2 days within a 4-day window based on the start date (a ticket bought with a package automatically starts check-in day regardless of your first planned park day).

Unless your first park day is check-in day, I recommend buying tickets separately and making a room-only resort reservation. The ticket should then extend far enough to use on your 2nd stay. Alternatively, a 2-day ticket is minimal savings over two 1-day tickets. Buy separate tickets for each if your planned days are more than 4 days apart.
Thank you - I appreciate it!

Question. I buy a 5 day park ticket starting August 1st. Link it to MDE and I pick my park reservations. What happens if I have to cancel the trip? I know I'd need to cancel the park reservations and could use the ticket for a credit. How do you handle changing the date to the new trip, paying the price difference and making new park reservations? It would be easy to go to guest relations, but being out of state that doesn't work. Waiting until you arrive to do this, you may lose out on park availability. Thanks.

What happens if I have to cancel the trip?
If you know the new dates when you cancel, or before the original August dates are past, it should be easy to change it yourself in MDE. If you don't have the new plans yet just be sure to make note of the ticket number(s) and value of each. It is likely the original tickets will disappear from your view after the expiration date, so you will need to call to change them after that. However the CM will be able to access it for you.

If you know the new dates when you cancel, or before the original August dates are past, it should be easy to change it yourself in MDE. If you don't have the new plans yet just be sure to make note of the ticket number(s) and value of each. It is likely the original tickets will disappear from your view after the expiration date, so you will need to call to change them after that. However the CM will be able to access it for you.

Thank you.

I'm an annual pass holder so a little unfamiliar with 3-4 day regular tickets. Just bought regular tickets via the disney website and linked them to the appropriate people. Florida resident so did the online ID verification but both tickets are for people 18+. Can we scan into the parks directly with our magic bands or do we have to stop at will call first to show proof of residency? One person is my husband (same address) and the other is my mother who does not live at the same address (still a Florida resident of course) and is linked to me on MDE if that matters. I purchased both tickets on my MDE account.

I'm an annual pass holder so a little unfamiliar with 3-4 day regular tickets. Just bought regular tickets via the disney website and linked them to the appropriate people. Florida resident so did the online ID verification but both tickets are for people 18+. Can we scan into the parks directly with our magic bands or do we have to stop at will call first to show proof of residency? One person is my husband (same address) and the other is my mother who does not live at the same address (still a Florida resident of course) and is linked to me on MDE if that matters. I purchased both tickets on my MDE account.
If they are regular tickets and not a Florida resident special ticket, then there is no need to verify residency. You paid the same price as a non- resident. If they are special Florida resident tickets then every adult must show proof of residency.

If they are regular tickets and not a Florida resident special ticket, then there is no need to verify residency. You paid the same price as a non- resident. If they are special Florida resident tickets then every adult must show proof of residency.
Thanks! It's super confusing because when I checked out it said we only had to go to will call IF we didn't have a magic band linked or magic mobile after I completed the online proof of residency. We'll build some time the first am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter