I currently have a 10 day park hopper that states is good for July 23 - Aug 5th. If I don't use the ticket until July 24, does that mean it will be good through August 6th? Is it 14 days from 1st use or only for the dates originally indicated? Thanks!

Is there a price increase for August 6? Check online and you can figure out your answer (Hint= More money + Disney = obvious answer and reason for date restricted purchase) ...Disney will allow a change if tickets have not been used yet. You can add park hopper , etc...

They are actually for 2022, so I don't think it has anything to do with price changes. Can I request that the dates be moved or is it tied to the date of your resort reservation? (Edit to add these tickets were purchased as part of a package)

Last edited:

They are actually for 2022, so I don't think it has anything to do with price changes. Can I request that the dates be moved or is it tied to the date of your resort reservation? (Edit to add these tickets were purchased as part of a package)
What are your package check-in and check-out days? Package tickets will begin on your check-in date and are good for the length of your stay. So I would think you could use the first day on 7/24 and use the last entitlement on 8/6 assuming you check-out on or after 8/6. If you are checking-out prior to 8/6 (such as doing a split-stay), the tickets are only valid for the max 14 days from start-date. I don't think you can change the start-date of a package ticket. If you are doing a split stay, you may want to look into a room-only reservation and tickets purchased separately starting on the date you want (so they last to the date you want).

We are going to WDW 8/7-13. Me, DH, and 2 of my adult DDs are confirmed for the whole trip, and we have park tickets and reservations. My 1 other DD is still not sure if she can make it. If I buy her a 2 day ticket, (just in case) so that I can schedule her for our 2 HS days (i'm worried these will book up), and she winds up being able to come along for the whole trip, is it easy to upgrade her ticket? If she can't make it at all, I can save her ticket for a future trip, correct?
Thanks!

We are going to WDW 8/7-13. Me, DH, and 2 of my adult DDs are confirmed for the whole trip, and we have park tickets and reservations. My 1 other DD is still not sure if she can make it. If I buy her a 2 day ticket, (just in case) so that I can schedule her for our 2 HS days (i'm worried these will book up), and she winds up being able to come along for the whole trip,
1. is it easy to upgrade her ticket?
2. If she can't make it at all, I can save her ticket for a future trip, correct?
Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Correct. (Or if it fully expires, unused, use its value to help buy a new ticket in the future.)

Must this be done in person; or, can it be done in the app or calling Disney? My sister wants to make park reservations for an upcoming trip but must have valid tickets to do so.

We have a trip at the end of July (3 of us in party). We have 6 day Park Hopper Passes, extended from the shutdown last year. We already have park reservations for each day.

Since there are no fastpasses and we aren't staying on site, I guess this will be the first time since the introduction of magic bands, we won't be wearing them. Is there a point in wearing them?

I can't seem to figure out - how do we get into the parks without a magic band or a card? Use the my Disney experience app? All the tickets are loaded on the app on my phone.

We have a trip at the end of July (3 of us in party). We have 6 day Park Hopper Passes, extended from the shutdown last year. We already have park reservations for each day.

Since there are no fastpasses and we aren't staying on site, I guess this will be the first time since the introduction of magic bands, we won't be wearing them. Is there a point in wearing them?

I can't seem to figure out - how do we get into the parks without a magic band or a card? Use the my Disney experience app? All the tickets are loaded on the app on my phone.
Bring old MBs for tapping into the parks. Any MBs that show as Active for you in MDE will work for that, no matter how old they are. If they show as Inactive, just click to reactivate them. The alternative is to show the tickets at the gate, and the CM will issue you a card to tap for park entrance. Or you can set up MagicMobile on your phone (instructions in MDE) and tap your phone. FYI the old MBs will work for tapping for photos too, and if they’re no more than 3 years old they should work for the long range ones like HM. Older than 3 years might work for that too but no way to know.

My AP expires on 6/24. In the past I have received emails from Disney inviting me to renew my pass with discount a month or more before my expiration date but this year I have not received any notice from them regarding my upcoming expiration date...obviously they are not encouraging AP holders to renew...I currently also have a 4 day one park only ticket that I purchased prior to COVID for my mother who is no longer able to travel. Do I just call to renew and will I be able to obtain discount as well as apply the 4 day ticket I have sitting on my MDE?
Or should I just hang onto the 4 day ticket to use in future since it probably has a greater value than if I were to purchase the same ticket in future? Hope this question makes sense...

My AP expires on 6/24. In the past I have received emails from Disney inviting me to renew my pass with discount a month or more before my expiration date but this year I have not received any notice from them regarding my upcoming expiration date...obviously they are not encouraging AP holders to renew...I currently also have a 4 day one park only ticket that I purchased prior to COVID for my mother who is no longer able to travel.
1. Do I just call to renew and will I be able to obtain discount as well as apply the 4 day ticket I have sitting on my MDE?
2. Or should I just hang onto the 4 day ticket to use in future since it probably has a greater value than if I were to purchase the same ticket in future? Hope this question makes sense...
1. That’ll work, if you like.
2. Your current ticket will likely expire before too long. If so, it would not be usable, as-is.
But, you can use its original value toward the purchase of a future ticket.
(So, no “increased value” if saved.)

1. That’ll work, if you like.
2. Your current ticket will likely expire before too long. If so, it would not be usable, as-is.
But, you can use its original value toward the purchase of a future ticket.
(So, no “increased value” if saved.)

Thank you!!!

I have a question. A long time ago I bought 4 park magic tickets then decided to buy a one day ticket to make it 5 park days. We have a room only reservation with those tickets.The one day ticket is dated.
I had no idea an after hours event would come out on the same date as the ticket.
Anyway I wanted to know would I be able to cancel that ticket and take the cost of that ticket towards buying an after hours event ticket?
I really do not need both. We will be going to MK another day.

I wanted to know would I be able to cancel that ticket and take the cost of that ticket towards buying an after hours event ticket?
If the event costs MORE than the 1-day ticket, that would be considered an upgrade... and doable.

If the event costs LESS than the 1-day ticket, that would NOT be considered an upgrade... and MIGHT be doable if you ask nicely.

However, "officially" if there is a difference price that would mean a refund to you, that is not normally repaid.
It has been that, on occasion, a refund has been given the guest in the form of a Disney gift card.
You won't know until you ask.

If the event costs MORE than the 1-day ticket, that would be considered an upgrade... and doable.

If the event costs LESS than the 1-day ticket, that would NOT be considered an upgrade... and MIGHT be doable if you ask nicely.

However, "officially" if there is a difference price that would mean a refund to you, that is not normally repaid.
It has been that, on occasion, a refund has been given the guest in the form of a Disney gift card.
You won't know until you ask.
Okay thank you!

Bringing my son down in 2 weeks for the DCP and I finally get to hit Flower and Garden (F&W regular)....I grabbed 3 one day tickets to Epcot....and right after I paid, our friend(3rd person) said they couldn't come. Now from what I see on WDW site...is no refunds...but can transfer the ticket to another. Assuming my son will be too busy setting up that he won't be able to come...but what are my options? Best case is he gets his schedule and he doesn't have anything and can come....but looks like I'm eating a ticket? With the new system...if ya buy a one day and reserve for a certain day and can't go....are ya out....or can ya use it at a later date?TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter