Thanks Robo, you were obviously one of the knowledgeable people I was hoping to hear from. I'm also hoping to hear from anyone who may have done this recently.

I don't think anyone has done this recently since those tickets only started being available (again) a month or so ago.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know that they have only just become available again. This obviously means I won't be getting any recent feedback since it's not possible, lol. Even though the trip is over 10 months away I will come back and post if I try the UK tickets to let everyone know how it goes.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I browsed and didn't see the answer. If I purchase a ticket from my local military base that is just a standard 5 day park hopper (Not military salute) but do not have to pay tax on that ticket. If I try to upgrade to an Annual pass will Disney use the price I paid for the ticket or will they use their price at the time to calculate the difference in cost to upgrade? Just trying to plan ahead for my family. Has anyone ever purchased and upgraded this way before?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I browsed and didn't see the answer. If I purchase a ticket from my local military base that is just a standard 5 day park hopper (Not military salute) but do not have to pay tax on that ticket. If I try to upgrade to an Annual pass will Disney use the price I paid for the ticket or will they use their price at the time to calculate the difference in cost to upgrade? Just trying to plan ahead for my family. Has anyone ever purchased and upgraded this way before?
The upgrade cost would be calculated as if you had paid the full Disney (on-line) price, including tax, for the original ticket (on the date that you bought it.)

Hi @Robo
Two questions.
1. I have unused 7 day MYW tickets with Water Parks and More option on them from 2016 I believe. Can I easily add on park hopper for some kind of flat rate, or do I need to upgrade to a new ticket entirely (which wouldn't be worth it considering I got a great deal on them back then and the price difference now would be $215.57 per ticket) in order to park hop?
2. Those tickets were purchased when my now 10 year old was 5. I'm guessing we have to pay extra to move him to an "adult" ticket since we've never used them. If so, will we be paying the difference on the prices from a child ticket to adult ticket in 2016 which was $21.30 (or the difference from child to adult in 2021 ($20.70)), or is it treated like an upgrade and we pay the difference in price from 2016 child to a 2021 adult (which costs over $230 more for a comparable ticket)? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Hi @Robo
Two questions.
1. I have unused 7 day MYW tickets with Water Parks and More option on them from 2016 I believe. Can I easily add on park hopper for some kind of flat rate, or do I need to upgrade to a new ticket entirely (which wouldn't be worth it considering I got a great deal on them back then and the price difference now would be $215.57 per ticket) in order to park hop?
2. Those tickets were purchased when my now 10 year old was 5. I'm guessing we have to pay extra to move him to an "adult" ticket since we've never used them. If so, will we be paying the difference on the prices from a child ticket to adult ticket in 2016 which was $21.30 (or the difference from child to adult in 2021 ($20.70)), or is it treated like an upgrade and we pay the difference in price from 2016 child to a 2021 adult (which costs over $230 more for a comparable ticket)? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
You can always “ask nicely” for what you’d like.
But, standard practice is now to upgrade to a “new ticket.”

Last edited:
Hey @Robo! It’s been a decade since the last time I tried to bridge tickets to an AP, and the cost savings are definitely attractive now that we have kids in the mix. But I’d like to avoid a dumpsterfire like my last experience 😂

ive read over the first few pages of the thread as a refresher. But is there anything special I should know about the different ticket add ons including genie+ and bridging?

1. You can always “ask nicely” for what you’d like.
But, standard practice is now to upgrade to a “new ticket.”

Thanks. So does asking nicely and hoping for pixie dust apply to the child moving to an adult ticket too? Or would that one be an easy cheap fix?

Hey @Robo! It’s been a decade since the last time I tried to bridge tickets to an AP, and the cost savings are definitely attractive now that we have kids in the mix. But I’d like to avoid a dumpsterfire like my last experience 😂

ive read over the first few pages of the thread as a refresher. But is there anything special I should know about the different ticket add ons including genie+ and bridging?
Nothing “special” regarding upgrading.
The threads regarding the “new features” of genie+ can cover much more than I can explain.
Have a great trip!

Thanks.
1. So does asking nicely and hoping for pixie dust apply to the child moving to an adult ticket too?
2. Or would that one be an easy cheap fix?
1. Always.
2. Anything can happen with the recent change of “everything.”
(Ask nicely.)

The upgrade cost would be calculated as if you had paid the full Disney (on-line) price, including tax, for the original ticket (on the date that you bought it.)

I'd advise you to verify the price the CM is using for the value of your ticket. When I've tried to upgrade over the phone, the CM said the system showed an extremely low value for my ITT regular park tickets (not military salute). I tried calling multiple times & always got the same devalued pricing when trying to upgrade. I did try to ask to speak to a supervisor on the phone but the CM would not elevate it. I had to upgrade at the front of the park after I arrived & the CM knew exactly how to give me the proper value for my ticket toward an upgrade. At the time I did this, APs were not being sold, so I hope the phone CMs have gotten better at giving callers the proper value for their ticket. I advise that if you don't get the original ticket value (should be more than what you paid to ITT), hang up & try again if you are doing this by phone. Good luck!

So we were just at the World last week to drop off my daughter who is a new DCP (college program). We hadn't planned on going to the parks as we were only there a few days but ended up getting everything done so bought a 1 day 1 park ticket to Epcot. My mom had an emergency and had to fly home. I re-booked her ticket for next April when we plan to go back to visit my daughter but my question is we are wanting to go for 6 days. Can I apply the cost of her 1 day ticket towards upgrading to a 6 day or would I just be better off buying a 5 day for the additional days?

Your ticket holds it's original Disney cost. As Disney tix are front loaded in cost, apply the value to the 6 day ticket for the most bang for your buck.

So we were just at the World last week to drop off my daughter who is a new DCP (college program). We hadn't planned on going to the parks as we were only there a few days but ended up getting everything done so bought a 1 day 1 park ticket to Epcot. My mom had an emergency and had to fly home. I re-booked her ticket for next April when we plan to go back to visit my daughter but my question is we are wanting to go for 6 days.
Can I apply the cost of her 1 day ticket towards upgrading to a 6 day or would I just be better off buying a 5 day for the additional days?
A never-used current ticket can be "upgraded."
So, you would upgrade your 1-day ticket to a 6-day ticket and cost a lot less money
than using a stand-alone 1-day ticket -AND- a stand-alone 5-day ticket during the same trip.
The cost of the upgrade would be determined by subtracting the cost of the ticket that you HAVE (w/tax) from the cost of the ticket that you WANT (w/tax,) and you would pay that difference cost.

Last edited:
A never-used current ticket can be "upgraded."
So, you would upgrade your 1-day ticket to a 6-day ticket and cost a lot less money
than using a stand-alone 1-day ticket -AND- a stand-alone 5-day ticket during the same trip.
The cost of the upgrade would be determined by subtracting the cost of the ticket that you HAVE (w/tax) from the cost of the ticket that you WANT (w/tax,) and you would pay that difference cost.
Great that is what I thought. Can I upgrade it on MDE or do I need to somehow call Disney?

we have 5 day park tickets for Jan 17 - 24 2021. I want to add a 6th day and set the ticket dates to start Jan 16. The difference in price between these two tickets (to buy outright) is $14.16 on the Disney site - I priced them separately. But when I try to modify my tickets with those two changes (add a day, change the start date), it wants to charge me $27.27.

So to be clear:
- I paid $523.56 for my 5 day pass valid Jan 17 - 24. I checked and that price is the same today.
- If I were to buy a 6 day pass valid Jan 16 - 24, it would cost $537.72 today ($14.16 more than the 5 day ticket above)
- But to modify my existing ticket to add a day and change the valid ticket dates, the system says it will cost $27.27.

It's charging me a premium to modify. Any idea why? I'm comparing apples to apples - I'm trying to add on the same day (Jan 16) using both methods so "date of" pricing is not affecting this.

I paid $523.56 for my 5 day pass valid Jan 17 - 24. I checked and that price is the same today.
...It's charging me a premium to modify. Any idea why?
I'm seeing a 5-day ticket starting 1/17/22 = $510.45.
A 5-day ticket starting 1/16/22 = $523.56
It appears that changing the start date makes the ticket more expensive, thus the additional to upgrade.

A 6-day starting 1/16/22 = $537.72, or $27.27 additional to upgrade from a 1/17 start date and add a day.

I think you need to re-check the pricing of the ticket you have, based on when you bought it. But assuming no price change has occurred, it would appear the value is $510.45 and not $523.56.

I'm seeing a 5-day ticket starting 1/17/22 = $510.45.
A 5-day ticket starting 1/16/22 = $523.56
It appears that changing the start date makes the ticket more expensive, thus the additional to upgrade.

A 6-day starting 1/16/22 = $537.72, or $27.27 additional to upgrade from a 1/17 start date and add a day.

I think you need to re-check the pricing of the ticket you have, based on when you bought it. But assuming no price change has occurred, it would appear the value is $510.45 and not $523.56.

Thank you so much! I was totally mistaken in how much we paid for our 5 day tickets - you are correct, we paid $510 which makes complete sense to upgrade is an extra $27. Thank you very much, you have saved me a lot of time on hold on the phone to WDW! Now, I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the extra $27 rather than the $14 I was counting on (x5 tickets)

I bought my dad a 5-day base ticket from Undercover Tourist. If we want to add park hopping, can we do that through Disney over the phone? Or do we have to wait to do it at guest replations when we get there?

Thanks!

I bought my dad a 5-day base ticket from ******************. If we want to add park hopping, can we do that through Disney over the phone? Or do we have to wait to do it at guest replations when we get there?

Thanks!
If the ticket is entered in MDE, you can do it online. I just added PH to three tickets this morning using the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter