• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If we have a 2 day ticket in December and after 1 day at a park we decide it is to busy and want to save the other day for the following June can we do that? The ticket states can only use the days we are there.
Nope.
However, since there is very little difference in price between buying a 2-day ticket or buying two 1-day tickets, if you think you may not want to go for two days in December, you could just buy a 1-day ticket.
If you then decide that you do want to go for a second day in December, you could UPGRADE to a two-day ticket on the day that you are in the park (and still get the 2-day price.)
The main difference would be that you would need to wait until on the day that you do the upgrade to be able to make a reservation to go to the second park.

I know there have been many questions with regard to applying tickets to AP renewals. In November 2020 we purchased 7 day PH passes in order to make our park reservations for October 2021. Our APs expire on 10/8/21 and our plan was to apply the purchase price of the PHs to the renewal.

I finally called the VIPassholder line this a.m. and successfully completed that transaction. Now I will be able to make our park reservations for May which has been scheduled since June. I wanted to get this done early because the rumors of AP returning soon made me concerned that prices would also be going up for renewal and new APs--should Disney resume sales.

The CM did ask if our PH were third party (they were), but it was not an issue. Clearly they are able to tell the difference between third party and Disney purchased tickets.

From the start time of the call to VIPassholder to completion of the transaction 57 minutes. Not horrible given the lengthy waits reported of late.

Can someone tell me what a park ticket costs right now please?
I'm only showing Florida resident price which is $109.00. My daughter is looking at coming from Seattle in Dec. and I was curious if everyone is showing the same price. Thanks...

Depends on the actual date in December. A single day, non-hopper, non-FL resident ticket in December ranges anywhere from $133-159, depending on what day she'd be visiting.

Depends on the actual date in December. A single day, non-hopper, non-FL resident ticket in December ranges anywhere from $133-159, depending on what day she'd be visiting.
Looks like the 9th and 10th of Dec. Thanks for the quick response. I think I need to clear out the cookies and cache and not log in since it appears to keep your settings.

Looks like the 9th and 10th of Dec. Thanks for the quick response. I think I need to clear out the cookies and cache and not log in since it appears to keep your settings.
Or, you can create a new MDX account FOR your daughter with HER address and info.
You can then log in from that new account and you'll see the non-FL prices/tickets.
She can (you can) "join" her account to yours and you can then make joint plans, etc.

We have a trip planned with 3-day tickets, but I am going to have to leave early. I don't really want to lose the value of my ticket, so I was considering buying an additional 2-day ticket just for me and letting the 3-day one expire. Are there any downsides to this that I'm not thinking about? We are DVC so we will definitely be going back, probably November '22. Is it better to just modify the start date to be in the future rather than let it expire? There is park availability for both days so that's not an issue.

If it'll let you change the date, go for it. If not you always have the value of the ticket.

I would just make sure if they're both in your profile, that you prioritize the 2 day one over the 3 day one at guest services. (assuming both sets of tickets are dated)

If I purchase theme park tickets for a trip in December, but need to cancel the trip, can I use the tickets another time? The tickets will never have been used yet.

If I purchase theme park tickets for a trip in December, but need to cancel the trip, can I use the tickets another time? The tickets will never have been used yet.
Use can use them as credit for the purchase of another ticket.

Be warned that Disney does not give refunds. So if the replacements tickets are less than the original, you'll have to use the balance on other tickets.

Use can use them as credit for the purchase of another ticket.

Be warned that Disney does not give refunds. So if the replacements tickets are less than the original, you'll have to use the balance on other tickets.
I am under the impression that if the new ticket costs less than the old ticket, no credit or refund is given, and the guest loses that amount of money.

@Regsen, keep a record of the ticket numbers and the online Disney price for them when you bought them. They will disappear from your MDE account after they expire, but Disney Ticketing will be able to see them when you get ready to exchange them.

I have a question about the DVC Gold annual pass. I renewed ours ,as was expiring 5/14/21 and had planned trip in October 2021 and also January 2022. I am probably going to be cancelling the October trip because grandson unable to be vaccinated. The January trip is cancelled because of expecting new addition to family. It appears that next visit will be end of May 2022.
The gold pass shows in MDE as pass with expiration 2099. Does it still expire one year after the original expired, even if not used in the year?

I have a question about the DVC Gold annual pass. I renewed ours ,as was expiring 5/14/21 and had planned trip in October 2021 and also January 2022. I am probably going to be cancelling the October trip because grandson unable to be vaccinated. The January trip is cancelled because of expecting new addition to family. It appears that next visit will be end of May 2022.
The gold pass shows in MDE as pass with expiration 2099. Does it still expire one year after the original expired, even if not used in the year?
Unfortunately, yes, if it was a renewal and you paid the renewal price. I think the 2099 expiration date is there as a placeholder because you haven’t activated it yet (shown ID and DVC blue card at GR before first use to enter a park). You could call the Passholder line (407) 939-7277 to be sure.

Unfortunately, yes, if it was a renewal and you paid the renewal price. I think the 2099 expiration date is there as a placeholder because you haven’t activated it yet (shown ID and DVC blue card at GR before first use to enter a park). You could call the Passholder line (407) 939-7277 to be sure.
That is what I thought. Guess I'll call the line and see if receive any Pixie dust!
So it would be the Passholder line and not MS, since bought through MS?

That is what I thought. Guess I'll call the line and see if receive any Pixie dust!
So it would be the Passholder line and not MS, since bought through MS?
I would call the Passholder line because the wait on hold should be shorter than calling MS! And they should be able to see whether you have a new or a renewal certificate in your MDE. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

If I buy discounted base tickets through Sams or something, can I still upgrade to park hoppers later?

If I buy discounted base tickets through Sams or something, can I still upgrade to park hoppers later?
Yes.

AND, what you PAY for a discounted ticket is not figured in the cost to upgrade.
Subtract the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you HAVE (on the date your ticket was purchased)

from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that WANT (on the date that you upgrade.)
Pay that price for the upgrade.

Last edited:
Yes.

AND, what you PAY for a discounted ticket is not figured in the cost to upgrade.
Subtract the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you HAVE (on the date your ticket was purchased)

from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that WANT (on the date that you upgrade.)
Pay that price for the upgrade.
So does that essentially mean I’m not getting the discount anymore once I do this b/c I have to pay the current Disney ticket price plus the upgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter