• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks Robo - yes, that is what I meant. I didn't want it to impact my "Theme Park" tickets.
We should be safe as
1. we will only be there a total of 13 days so they shouldn't expire before we leave.
2. I figured it would be a nice way to kill time while we wait for our room to be ready by hitting a water park or getting some golf in.
1. Yes. In that case, no problem at all.
2. Have fun!

Hi! My kids have tickets for August and April. (4 days and then 6 days) They appear to be dated. Do I need to call to make sure the system uses the correct tickets? Thanks!

Hi! My kids have tickets for August and April. (4 days and then 6 days) They appear to be dated. Do I need to call to make sure the system uses the correct tickets? Thanks!
Call?
Nope.
Multitude of reasons, but foremost, the system can’t access a ticket that is not “active” on the date of entry.

With WDW AP sales starting back up before October 1, and *assuming* upgrades work like they did pre-Covid...

I know you can upgrade a ticket to an AP.

Can you upgrade a ticket to an AP renewal?

Can you upgrade multiple tickets to an AP and/or AP renewal?

I’ve got 3 4-day tickets for my DH and sons for our family trip in January. I think we may only go to the parks for 3 days. I’m wondering if I could apply their tickets to an AP renewal (or new AP) for me, and then just buy them new 3-day tickets.

With WDW AP sales starting back up before October 1, and *assuming* upgrades work like they did pre-Covid...
1. I know you can upgrade a ticket to an AP.
2. Can you upgrade a ticket to an AP renewal?
3. Can you upgrade multiple tickets to an AP and/or AP renewal?
I’ve got 3 4-day tickets for my DH and sons for our family trip in January. I think we may only go to the parks for 3 days.
4. I’m wondering if I could apply their tickets to an AP renewal (or new AP) for me, and then just buy them new 3-day tickets.
1. Yup.
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. Upgrades are strictly "one ticket per one upgrade."
So 3 separate tickets can be upgraded to 3 separate APs (but not all 3 into one AP.)

Last edited:

1. Yup.
2. Yes.
3. Nope.
4. Upgrades are strictly "one ticket per one upgrade."
So 3 separate tickets can be upgraded to 3 separate APs (but not all 3 into one AP.)

Dang. That’s what I figured, but not what I hoped! Thanks for the quick info.

I have a 10 day hopper for a trip in late September and really hope AP sales start up before my trip begins so I can upgrade and use the AP discounts. Has there been any talk about upgrading without having to re-do park reservations already made for that ticket?

Has there been any talk about upgrading without having to re-do park reservations already made for that ticket?
You should not need to re-do theme park reservations. Those have stayed in place for others who qualified for “recovery” APs or renewals. As long as any valid ticket media remains in your profile the park reservations are fin, even if the type of ticket changes.

Does the original price paid for a ticket impact the cost to upgrade?

We purchased tickets when they were running the 6 days for the price of 4 days promo. The current difference in price for a 6 day park hopper vs. a 7 day park hopper during our stay is $17.43. If we want to upgrade to 7 days from 6, is that the price we would pay for the upgrade, or will they look at the promo price we actually paid instead?

We purchased tickets when they were running the 6 days for the price of 4 days promo. The current difference in price for a 6 day park hopper vs. a 7 day park hopper during our stay is $17.43. If we want to upgrade to 7 days from 6, is that the price we would pay for the upgrade, or will they look at the promo price we actually paid instead?
It depends on (and is based on) what the online full DISNEY price was for a 6-day PH ticket on the date that you bought your original ticket.

Last edited:

If it's a DVC promo "buy 4 days get 2 free" ticket, and you haven't used any of the days yet, the upgrade value is what you paid for it, i.e. the cost for a 4-day ticket. If you use one or more days before you upgrade, then the upgrade value is whatever the price for a 6-day ticket was when you bought it. See this post.

We have a resort reservation with 7 day park hopper tickets for three people. My nephew who is staying with us lives in south FL and was wondering if he could convert his ticket to a FL Annual Pass. Does anyone know if this is allowed and what he would need to do it? I imagine he would have to call?

Question about length of ticket media - if I bought a 2 day park hopper but decided Before our trip to extend the resort reservation (booked as room only, not package), would I be able to contact Disney in advance and extend the ticket to say a 6 day park hopper? In advance before the trip, so I could book park reservations? Instead of purchasing a separate 4 day park hopper for those additional days? Thanks!

Question about length of ticket media - if I bought a 2 day park hopper but decided Before our trip to extend the resort reservation (booked as room only, not package), would I be able to contact Disney in advance and extend the ticket to say a 6 day park hopper? In advance before the trip, so I could book park reservations? Instead of purchasing a separate 4 day park hopper for those additional days? Thanks!
(Your resort reservation does not figure into this situation.)
It's possible that you could upgrade your ticket directly from your MDX account.
Otherwise, it is usually possible to upgrade a ticket in advance by contacting Disney.

We have a resort reservation with 7 day park hopper tickets for three people. My nephew who is staying with us lives in south FL and was wondering if he could convert his ticket to a FL Annual Pass. Does anyone know if this is allowed and what he would need to do it? I imagine he would have to call?
If WDW is selling new Florida Resident APs, there's no need to do this upgrade in advance.
Once he is at WDW, at some point during the trip, he just needs to go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and have with him his ticket (even if it is already partially used) and his legal Florida photo ID, and he can upgrade to AP.

Hi all! I have a four day Florida resident ticket, completely unused. When annual passes are sold again, will I be able to upgrade to a Florida resident AP? I know this has been possible in years pass but I just saw something on Instagram about CA residents being unable to upgrade a CA resident multi day ticket to the new Magic Key pass. Thanks for any tips!

Hi all! I have a four day Florida resident ticket, completely unused.
1. When annual passes are sold again, will I be able to upgrade to a Florida resident AP?
I know this has been possible in years pass but
2. I just saw something on Instagram about CA residents being unable to upgrade a CA resident multi day ticket to the new Magic Key pass. Thanks for any tips!
1. Yes. (Or at least use those tickets' original value toward buying any 4 new current tickets or APs.)
2. Ticketing for Disneyland is completely unrelated to WDW ticketing.

If we have a 2 day ticket in December and after 1 day at a park we decide it is to busy and want to save the other day for the following June can we do that? The ticket states can only use the days we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter