Just found out that 2 people cannot come on a trip, we leave on Sat. I paid for the park tickets. I do not have anyone to reassign them to for this trip. Should I just leave them assigned to these 2 people but unused? Then on my next trip, I can reassign them to anyone?

Just found out that 2 people cannot come on a trip, we leave on Sat. I paid for the park tickets. I do not have anyone to reassign them to for this trip.
1. Should I just leave them assigned to these 2 people but unused?
2. Then on my next trip, I can reassign them to anyone?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Should I just leave them assigned to these 2 people but unused?
Are these 2 people "managed" by you in MDE? Or do they have their own accounts and you are linked? If the former, you should be fine leaving the unused tickets where they are and eventually re-assigning if need-be once you update them. However, keep track of the ticket numbers because they are likely to disappear from your view after expiring.

If either/both of these 2 individuals have their own MDE and are linked to you, you might want to ask them to re-assign the tickets back to you. You can store them in another profile, or create a dummy profile for this. The issue comes that the individual "holding" the ticket becomes the "owner" from WDW's perspective and that person would need to do the upgrade when time came to use the ticket(s) for a future visit.

Trying to find my answer but I will just ask. We, all of a sudden, have two trips planned. One in August and one in December for Christmas. I know there are not annual passes right now but is there another way to upgrade our August tickets so we can also use them in December?

Trying to find my answer but I will just ask. We, all of a sudden, have two trips planned. One in August and one in December for Christmas. I know there are not annual passes right now but is there another way to upgrade our August tickets so we can also use them in December?
Sorry but no.

Are these 2 people "managed" by you in MDE? Or do they have their own accounts and you are linked? If the former, you should be fine leaving the unused tickets where they are and eventually re-assigning if need-be once you update them. However, keep track of the ticket numbers because they are likely to disappear from your view after expiring.

If either/both of these 2 individuals have their own MDE and are linked to you, you might want to ask them to re-assign the tickets back to you. You can store them in another profile, or create a dummy profile for this. The issue comes that the individual "holding" the ticket becomes the "owner" from WDW's perspective and that person would need to do the upgrade when time came to use the ticket(s) for a future visit.

These tickets are managed completely by me. I purchased them and only I have MDE. Hmm...don't have the ticket numbers. Will search my email to see if I can find that. So they won't just be saved in my MDE indefinitely?

Two questions hoping you all can help out with to avoid a multi-hour wait time on hold:

1) We have 4 tickets set to expire 9/26/21. These are nine day tickets we bought pre-covid and we won't have the time to spend 9 park days before expiration. Must new tickets be purchased prior to expiration on 9/26/21? ...or do these tickets become a permanent "store credit" in the WDW ticketing system for us to use one day to buy new tickets with?

2) We will be doing 4 days in WDW using FL resident tickets. So we now have 2 entire sets of tickets in MDE: the 9 day tickets (which we don't want to use) and the new 4 day tickets. How do we prioritize tickets? Is creating phantom family members to assign them to really the only way?

Thanks!

These tickets are managed completely by me. I purchased them and only I have MDE. Hmm...don't have the ticket numbers. Will search my email to see if I can find that. So they won't just be saved in my MDE indefinitely?
They will save in MDE, but they have a tendancy to disappear from your view once expired -- just like used tickets. WDW can still "see" it on their end, but it's always helpful to have the ticket numbers in case there is any issue.

1. They 9 day tickets never lose their value you can use them towards buying tickets in the future you will just have to pay the price difference
2. Go to guest relations before you enter a park they will be able to prioritize the 4 day tickets so those will be used first (bring all tickets, bands with you)

Hmm...don't have the ticket numbers. Will search my email to see if I can find that. So they won't just be saved in my MDE indefinitely?
Look in MDE. The ticket numbers may be there. In the MDE app, under My Profile > Magic Bands and Cards I see Friends’ Magic Bands and Cards, and there I see the names of people I manage as well as all their ticket and MB numbers - going back to 2014!

Do I need to take the park reservations off for 2 people that are no longer coming with us? I don't see how to only take theirs off but keep the park reservations for the other 3 of us?

Look in MDE. The ticket numbers may be there. In the MDE app, under My Profile > Magic Bands and Cards I see Friends’ Magic Bands and Cards, and there I see the names of people I manage as well as all their ticket and MB numbers - going back to 2014!

I don't see ticket numbers here, only MB numbers.

I don't see ticket numbers here, only MB numbers.
In my MDE, each person has a page where I see pictures of cards with Mickey on them and pictures of MBs, both with numbers next to them. Some numbers don’t have pictures of anything. So I think the numbers next to the cards are ticket numbers and numbers next to the MBs are MB numbers. Maybe you could take a screen shot of the page for each person, because those numbers might be helpful in future if you can’t find the actual confirmation number or ticket numbers for the tickets that won’t be used.

We originally had 6 4 day passes for 2020, which were converted to an expiration date of September 26 2021. Two of us are going in September, while the remaining 4 have finally decided on a date in 2022, which means they will expire. We are currently trying to plan our trip for 2022. The best way to apply the cost of the expired ticket is to call, correct? This is for my son. I recently dropped him off my MDE because I'm planning for others for this upcoming trip, and it was too confusing to to have extra people showing up in my MDE account. My daughter in law is an ER nurse, and with covid on the rise she wants to wait until 2022 before attempting a Florida trip with small children.
We will call and give them the ticket numbers? I also purchased memory maker at the time but I don't wish to use it in this September trip. It's linked to me, should I reassign it to my son? I dread the long wait on hold in order to get the tickets straightened out, but I guess there is no better way? Should I try to book the room and tickets at the same time or fix the ticket issue first then book the room?
Thanks for any help.
***EDIT TO ADD:*** I just booked the room

Last edited:
We are getting tickets for December 19 for 2 park days.
if we decide in September we want to do 3 park days can we easily add online to buy the third date? I won’t lose park reservations and have to start over?

or what if we keep 2 days then when there decide we want a third day can we purchase this online or possibly at the Disney store in Hilton bonnet creek?

i understand there maybe no park reservations open then.

Last edited:
We are getting tickets for December 19 for 2 park days.
if we decide in September we want to do 3 park days
1. can we easily add online to buy the third date?
2. I won’t lose park reservations and have to start over?
or what if we keep 2 days then when there decide we want a third day
3. can we purchase this online
4. or possibly at the Disney store in Hilton bonnet creek?
1. That is often the case. (You can also CALL Disney to upgrade.)
2. Nope.
3. Same answer as #1 above.
4. Unlikely. But it can be done at any WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations.

Hi I bought a one day ticket and made a park reservation and now need to cancel - what are my options so I don't lose all the money that I paid for my ticket? It will be awhile before we can use the ticket. Thanks for your help and advice.

Hi I bought a one day ticket and made a park reservation and now need to cancel - what are my options so I don't lose all the money that I paid for my ticket? It will be awhile before we can use the ticket. Thanks for your help and advice.
After you cancel your park reservation, you don't need to do anything in regard to your ticket.
Just leave it in your MDX.
Copy the ticket number and keep that number on file elsewhere in your computer.
If you don't use the ticket before it finally completely expires (likely sometime in the year 2022,) you will still be able to use it's original Disney purchase price toward buying a new ticket in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter