Ticket help, please

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
Sounds like we're heading down next January/February and then over to Daytona for the 500 in 2024 (like we did last year).
Last year we decided that 2 weeks at the Fort with 10-day park tickets didn't give us enough time to enjoy the campground and all it has to offer, so hubby agreed to 3 weeks at the Fort before Daytona! :woohoo:
We will still only get 10-day tickets. Here is my dilemma...we would have 14 calendar days to use those 10-day park tickets, so we can't spread them out over the 3 weeks. (How, I wish we could!!) The price to get 2 sets of 5-day tickets is almost twice the price of the 10-days. :sad2:
What are your thoughts on when to "use" the tickets? Our dates will probably be January 22-February 12, 2024. My thought is maybe use the tickets from Jan 26-Feb 8. That way we would have 4 days when we arrive and 3 days before we leave.
Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Paula

This is when it stinks that they aren't selling annual passes. That 4th or 5th day on a second ticket was the break even point on ticket prices, but the AP gave you 20% off at restaurants and shops, so it was a good deal.

I think your plan is pretty good. I might do 3 days on arrival and 4 days at the end.

I'd also stop in a guest services when you get there and see if they might extend the days the 10 day ticket is good for. Mention that all they are doing is encouraging you to go to US and spend money there instead.

j

Last edited:
Well, @Paulaparm, I may be a little cynical but your question to me infers that your park days will be FULL days/ALL days at the parks.

Which, given my touring style, makes me shake my head. :sad2:

To answer your question regarding "any input", use them in the window of time with the lowest crowds forecasted and don't feel like you have to spend a full park day each time from open to close.

After you devote at least one day to each park (to max out your time there), I would spend a leisurely second day at MK, a half day (morning or evening) at Epcot depending on if you want rides or meal/fireworks experiences, a half day at Studios to catch what you might have missed on its first day and to enjoy the ambiance/shows of the park, and that totals up to 7 park days used (but not all full days).

Finally I will say that some parks have a different vibe after dark versus during the daytime. It might be worth it to just enjoy the experience after hours, for example, if you are in the parks more during the day.

Since you asked.

Bama Ed

@bama_ed, I never even thought to specify...we rarely do all day in one park. We will have hoppers so we can feel free to roam around. If we head to a park for the morning (rarely rope drop), we're usually back by early evening at the latest. If we plan on being in a park late, we won't go until later in the morning. Hubby is NOT the park lover I am, and I try to keep him happy!
Thank you for your input, exactly what I was looking for. :)

I don't have input to help your situation, but I wanted to say I'm green with envy over here. Camping, Fort Wilderness, Daytona 500 all at once? Happiness overload.

I don't have input to help your situation, but I wanted to say I'm green with envy over here. Camping, Fort Wilderness, Daytona 500 all at once? Happiness overload.
We did it last year and it was so fun! I was so glad when hubby decided we should do it again next year. I thought I was going to have to wait another year ;)
I see in your post that you have a Montana High Country(2021) ...that's what we have too. Pulling it with a 2022 Silverado 2500 HD High Country.pocono22.jpg This picture is from Pocono Raceway in July.

We did it last year and it was so fun! I was so glad when hubby decided we should do it again next year. I thought I was going to have to wait another year ;)
I see in your post that you have a Montana High Country(2021) ...that's what we have too. Pulling it with a 2022 Silverado 2500 HD High Country.View attachment 737474 This picture is from Pocono Raceway in July.

That looks pretty close to ours.
PXL_20210918_153828521.jpg

Are you camping at Daytona too? I've camped at Bristol and Kansas (just off property both times). I really want to camp on the terrace of some tracks so the rig is right there for the whole race weekend.

Again, enjoy the trip. I hope you can document it for us when you go.

That looks pretty close to ours.
Sure does!
Are you camping at Daytona too?
Yes, we are. The place we camped last year was very close to the track. We walked over. It was so nice not to have to be in the awful traffic.
We are doing Charlotte this May. The campground there is right by the track, too. We do Pocono every year, as that is only about 40 minutes from our house.

Any of your friends/family that are going with you qualify for the 14-day UK tickets? I think you get 18 days to use those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!