• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thunderstorm at discoverycove??

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
We are going June 1... I see there are thunderstorms....if there are storms... and they do not let you in the water....does anyone know what happens..do you get your money back.. I know you do not get your money back for cold of bad weather,,, but what if they do not allow you in....thank.....amy

For Thunderstorms, usually, the park would only be closed for a short time and it shouldn't effect your day in the park. In cases where you miss your dolphin swim and it couldn't be rescheduled for that day I believe they will try to fit you in on another day later that week.
I was under the impression that in DC are forced to close the park for the day due to dangerous weather then you would be offered an alternate date or a refund. I understand that they do not have to offer a refund just for cold weather, but I would thought your basic "consumer rights" mean that the park could not get away with telling you "tough luck".
I would suggest you call and ask them what the official policy is to cover this eventuality.

vernon... thanks for your reply... I think I will call tommorrow..thanks..amy

I was under the impression that in DC are forced to close the park for the day due to dangerous weather then you would be offered an alternate date or a refund. I understand that they do not have to offer a refund just for cold weather, but I would thought your basic "consumer rights" mean that the park could not get away with telling you "tough luck".
I just recently booked DC for this August and asked this question. They allow you one rescheduling date within a 12 month period. If it does t-storm for only an hour or two during the day, they will try and reschedule your dolphin swim for later that same day.

So how was June 1st? Was the weather Ok? My trip is in two days, so I'm trying teep tabs on the weather?

-Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter