Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

I'm here!!!! just wanted to announce myself!!!! now I'm going back to read the report.

great report so far! I can't wait to hear all about DL, as we have never been there. we are hoping to go maybe fall of 2013.

when in dec are you going to WDW? we will be there (hopefully) end of nov until dec 5, (I think).. going for nebo's birthday, nov 26.. but we will be over at universal then.

I LOVE ponzis new nickname for you bunny boy. reminds me of "pony boy". now, what movie was that from??? hmmm?

I want to hear all about where you are staying and all that good stuff!!!

ps, we have never been to vegas.:scared1:. had a trip semi-planned one year, but went to WDW instead...

You're off to a great start. Can't wait to hear your views of DL. FP for Radiator Springs Racers is too true. They ran out by 9 a.m. when we were there, and stand-by was 4 hours!
Thanks for joining in. Hope you had a good first day.
It was a great day. They were all squirrely and goofy, just like I expected them to be. Cute as buttons!
I hear ya dwheatl!
I am a one on one aide and we just started school today so I heard the same thing from my DH.
Bless you for being a one-on-one aide. One of the most under-appreciated jobs in any school.
DH is very protective of me because our 2 Disney trip summer (DL & WDW), plus a side trip to Boston, ended with me coming home with pneumonia. I just can't do Disney any way but commando (even though I wore my undies, 'cause my mom told me going without could lead to pneumonia), and too much fun led to, well, pneumonia. Draw your own conclusions.:rolleyes1

Hi Smidgy!

Ooo, ooo, I know "The Outsiders" Great book and movie.
I think it would be great to get you and Nebo out here to the "other" resort.

I'm here!!!! just wanted to announce myself!!!! now I'm going back to read the report.

I knew you would be eventually. Tell Nebo he better be to. After all, this TR was HIS request.

great report so far! I can't wait to hear all about DL, as we have never been there.

Thank you. There are some tough acts to follow. I will give it my best though.

we are hoping to go maybe fall of 2013.

Hmm. I wonder if we could put together a return trip to DL in 2013? I think we probably could. I'll have enough SWA points for a free flight by then. What say you Lady H? I know her answer already, I'll start planning it as soon as we get back. :rotfl:

when in dec are you going to WDW? we will be there (hopefully) end of nov until dec 5, (I think).. going for nebo's birthday, nov 26.. but we will be over at universal then.

We arrive on Dec 1st and will be there until the 15th. We're staying off-site the first half of our trip and then moving over to CBR the second half. Nebo gave me your number. I'll be calling as we get closer so you can teach me how to get the best room. We'll be doing Universal the first couple of days we are there. I think a Dis meet is in order? We'd be willing to re-arrange our schedule. Send me a pm and let me know. Just in case I need to change our ADR's around.

I LOVE ponzis new nickname for you bunny boy. reminds me of "pony boy". now, what movie was that from??? hmmm?

I honestly didn't know the answer. I know the answer now because Lady H just scolded me (thanks to you) for never have seen the movie. I've seen the ending, does that count? Just really haven't seen the movie all the way through. And the worst part about that is, we own the movie. Guess I'll have to convert to watch on my iPod.

I will have another chapter up tomorrow night. I may or may not tell you about where we're staying. I just might save that for the TR itself. Only I know what is in the next chapter. So don't go trying to pry the information out of Lady H. :laughing:

ps, we have never been to vegas.:scared1:. had a trip semi-planned one year, but went to WDW instead...

Never been to Vegas. :scared1: Ah, went to WDW instead. You're forgiven.

ok, so you're doing uni, and then CBR, and we are doing UNI and CBR, but we are about a week ahead of you??? aarrgh!!!

smidgy said:
ok, so you're doing uni, and then CBR, and we are doing UNI and CBR, but we are about a week ahead of you??? aarrgh!!!

We could arrange to do Uni during the middle of the week, AFTER you and Nebo leave for home. We won't check in to CBR until the 11th. We could easily meet up with you the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

betsey, it's not the outsiders (although a very good book).
t-man, we will def. talk about a meet up!!!!

Welcome Magic.

As I said in my last chapter, being from NM, you would think we would go more often since DL is so much closer to us, and cheaper. At least that's what I'm finding out.

Ah. Thank you. You're just being modest. I bet you say that to all the TR writers.

Nebo and Smidgy
Laura and Mr. Squid
Ponzi and ? Well I know Ponzi's DW's name is Ruby. Being we have never seen Ruby, I don't know if Ponzi is cute enough for her. Could be she's too cute for Ponzi. :rolleyes1 If their daughters look anything like mom, I may not be too far from the truth. :rotfl:

J/K kidding Ponzi. I'm sure you and Ruby make a cute couple.

Yes, lots of cute couples, but are they as fuzzy and cuddly as you two?:confused3

Yeah, The Outsiders was my guess too. Only movie I can think of that has a Pony Boy in it. :confused3

great report so far! I can't wait to hear all about DL, as we have never been there. we are hoping to go maybe fall of 2013.

t-man, we will def. talk about a meet up!!!!

I was in the same line of thinking with QB and Ponzi. I even scolded Bunny boy and DM for not seeing the movie completely :blush:. I went on and one about what a terrific cast it had and that it's one of my top 10 movies of all times. My first instinct was to post:

STAY GOLD SMIDGY! STAY GOLD!

But now i'm perplexed.
3confused.gif

As for a meet up. Just tell us when and where! I'm sure we can work something out. Just talk to the man in charge since he knows what we are doing on which days. Looks like the other half is already making plans for next year. See i told you Ponzi, All I have to do is show up :laughing:

I was almost sure it was the outsiders.:( shucks

Yeah, The Outsiders was my guess too. Only movie I can think of that has a Pony Boy in it. :confused3

I was in the same line of thinking with QB and Ponzi. I even scolded Bunny boy and DM for not seeing the movie completely :blush:.

I get scoldedfor not seeing the Outsiders completely and that's not the answer. So what is the answer? Inquiring minds want to know.
smiley-angry027.gif

Mam :# Whoops as you can tell I"m not verry good at proof reading or spelling without the word program to hand. My apologies to your self Thumper Man see I got it right this time.

No apology needed. Glad you're here to share in our experience.

I have no idea to whom you may be referring. :rolleyes1

Let me help you refresh your memory.

Do you remember what was the last thing I did when I ended the last chapter? Just before going to bed, I made sure to charge the battery. Got a big day of underwater photography ahead. Gotta make sure the battery’s charged!

I grab my camera. I already know what I want. A nice panorama shot of this gorgeous vista… and nothing.

Oh, the battery is fully charged. As a matter of fact, it’ll stay that way for the foreseeable future… ‘cause it’s plugged in… back at the hotel.

Let me help you refresh your memory.
pkondz said:
Do you remember what was the last thing I did when I ended the last chapter? Just before going to bed, I made sure to charge the battery. Got a big day of underwater photography ahead. Gotta make sure the battery’s charged!

I grab my camera. I already know what I want. A nice panorama shot of this gorgeous vista… and nothing.

Oh, the battery is fully charged. As a matter of fact, it’ll stay that way for the foreseeable future… ‘cause it’s plugged in… back at the hotel.

Now what moron would do that? Nope, still doesn't ring a bell. :rolleyes1:

Going to DL for the first time and meeting the infamous Nebo and Smidgy??? That would be AWESOME!!!pixiedust:

Can I come too? Please, I'll be good, promise.

o kitty, we are not going to DL when they are. we are going to WDW in late nov, early dec, and out time with the bunny people will overlap.

ok, doesn't Marlin call the seahorse "pony boy" in the begining of Finding Nemo? (there might be a pony boy in outsiders, too, I don't remember. in which case, you are right after all, just not what I was thinking of)

One if by Land, Two if by Sea, Look Out Universe, the Thumper’s are Coming, The Thumpers are Coming. Run! Hide!

STOP!!! Where is everybody going? You’re not afraid of 2 cute cuddly bunnies are you? Besides, I was just about to tell you how I, ok we, decided to not only go to DL; but to SW and US as well.

Just dawned on me I haven’t let you know exactly when we’re going. Probably thinking to yourselves, “when are these 2 going? Are they really going or just telling us they’re going? They haven’t posted any dates yet. Just telling us they’re going in a couple of weeks. Bet they’re making up a TR from the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland book and the Disney Website.”

Did I mention the purpose of this trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary? In case you didn’t know, Lady H and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary. This coming Saturday (August 18th) DW and I will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. This will be our gift to each other and a much needed vacation from work. Our flight in the AToD is scheduled to leave at 9:15 am (MST) on Saturday August 25th. We’ll be in CA for a week and return home on Saturday September 1st. Figured we would get out of there before the Labor Day Weekend rugrats come in with their “get out of my way I need to be in line first” parents. If anyone is wondering why we’re not going the weekend of our anniversary, that’s because most schools around the Anaheim and Southern California area don’t go back until August 26th. I gurgled it during my research. We picked this week hoping the crowds will have died down when the kids go back to school and they send their parents back to work.

If you remember from my last chapter, I said stay tuned and I would tell you how we decided to go to SW and US as well. As I was researching ticket prices, I came across one ticket that I grew particularly fond of. The ultimate ticket, the ticket I knew I had to get. The Southern California City Pass. I waste no time and take out my credit card and order 2 right away. Better buy these puppies before they go up in price. Especially since DL tickets had just gone up in price. Guess what? They’re still the same price, even after DL has raised their prices. :confused3

With the So. Cal City Pass, we get 3 fabulous days to tour DL/DCA. We can park hop between to the parks if we so choose. We also get one day each to Sea World and Universal. This is the best deal around. It’s almost like buying a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket to DL and getting US and SW for free. Who could resist that offer? Put your hand down Nebo. The CP costs $279 per ticket. A 3-Day Park Hopper for DL costs $250. Purchase separate tickets to SW and US, and it comes out to $393 per person. We knew that we wanted to go to US as well this trip. Really hadn’t planned on SW since we went there last year. I had to tweak the plans months in advance to work it in. Last year it got really cold, windy, cloudy and rained the day we went. Going to SW hopefully will be better this trip, and be a better do over.

Here’s a quick list of how we’re hoping (well how I’M hoping) our week will go:
The day we get there, we arrive in Los Angeles at around10:30 am. Pick up the rental car (because I have super duper strength), fly us over to our resort and check-in. Buy a bus pass and head on down to Downtown Disney. I know what you’re thinking, “they just rented a car? Why not drive to Downtown Disney?” We’re pretending that we’ll be in WDW. Uh-oh, it’s starting already. I have to remind myself it’s not WDW. We calculated it will be cheaper for us to take the bus to/from Disney, then to drive to the park and pay for parking each day. We want to get a feel for the bus system to see if it will actually work out for us. If we feel like it won’t work for us, then we’ll just have to fork over more money to Disney and pay to park.

After we hitchhike a ride on the bus, we’ll head back to the resort and change for our ADR over at Steakhouse 55 for our anniversary dinner. I did mention it’s our wedding anniversary right? I’ll mention it one more time to be on the safe side. Lady H and I will be celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary. Decided we would do SH 55 first while we will still have money. If we wait until later on, I might spend all our money on souvenirs I don’t really need. Like a glass sculpture or something.

Sunday will be our first Park Day – DL. This is one of the only days we’ll get to see Fantasmic and get to take advantage of an extra early morning hour. Might sneak out of the park and go across the street to the Garden Walk and replenish the Sunny D mixtures. Now that I mention it, I better write that down on our shopping list.

Monday we’ll head out to Universal. Eat at Hard Rock Café. Hard Rock is changing they’re All Access Club, so I have credits to use before I lose them. Can’t wait to see how US remodeled after the fire. Looking forward to doing the new Transformers ride as well. Yes, Lady H and I have been here to. I have bragging rights though; I got to go there before she did.

Tuesday-DCA. Get up and out the door early, and hope there’s not a ton of people waiting to get into Carsland. Really looking forward to World of Color as well.

Wednesday-Sea World. Get up even earlier and drive to SW. No time for breakfast this morning, unless there’s a Mc. D’s on the way. Hopefully Lady H won’t be too sleepy. If I remember correctly, the drive down to San Diego takes you close to the coast. Beautiful drive. Get Lady H in the car for a drive that lasts longer than 45 minutes, and she’s out like a light. Although I must admit, lately she’s gotten better a staying awake. I’m willing to bet coming back from San Diego is when she’ll sleep. Place your bets. Oh right, gambling isn’t allowed on this site.

Thursday –Sleep in. I’m promised Lady H a day of rest. Might even try to go to the beach this day depending on what time we get up. Of course what time we get up depends on what time we get back from San Diego. If we don’t make it to the beach, we’ll just lounge around on some lungers at our resort pool. Spend the day relaxing and recuperating from the constant hangover. At night we’ll go to Downtown Disney again. We’ll for sure have to take the bus this night. Have an ADR for Rainforest Café. 3 words: Orange Sherbet Margarita. :drinking1 So much for recuperating from the hangover. Of course to recuperate from a hangover, aren’t you just supposed to drink more?

Friday- DCA/DL. Probably park hop on this day as this will be our last full day there. Do our favorites again, or do the things we wanted to do but couldn’t because we would’ve had to wait 10 hours in line.

Saturday. Get up, pack and head back home. Our flight home doesn’t leave until the afternoon. So we can sleep in a little. Might be up early anyways so we can have breakfast before heading to the airport.

I think the hardest part of planning this trip has been deciding where to eat. We looked at the website and not too many TS places jumped out at us. And there seems to be a ton of CS places. We might find ourselves spending a lot of time at GardenWalk when it comes to meals. GardenWalk is a shopping center just a little ways down the street from DL. Some of our favorite restaurants are there.

Now that I’ve provided y’all with the 411, I hope I’ve provided enough to get you through until such time we take the trip and come back. Nebo and Smidgy are back (though Nebo is broken it sounds like) I’m sure they will pick up where they left off. So you will all have something more entertaining to read while we’re gone. Besides I’m running out of things to talk about; unless you want to start posting your favorite cocktail recipes in addition to the cake and pie recipes. :thumbsup2

Date is getting closer and almost time for us to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter