Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

I responded to your email!!!

by the way, what resort are you staying at in California?

ps happy Anniversary!!!!!!:hug:

I got your email. I'll have to juggle a few things around. I also have to check with D'Sis. She is going with us, so there are 3 of us. She's a picky eater, so I don't know if she would be interested in Teppan Edo. We will meet up with you and Nebo somewhere though. I can definitely work around your schedule. Once I talk to D'Sis, I'll reply to your email and let you know.

We own timeshare points through WorldMark. They have a resort called Dolphin's Cove which is about a 1/2 mile from Disney, or two blocks down. Two LLLOOONNNGGG blocks. This is where we will be staying. According to Gurgle, about a 20-25 minute walk to DL from the resort.

Thank you for the anniversary wish. :goodvibes

By the way, what resort are you staying at in California?

I was going to ask you (T Man and Lady H, not Smidgy) the same thing, and also wish you a happy anniversary. Smidge just beat me to it.

Happy anniversary! I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?

I would expect a crowd for CarsLand. I've heard a few people reporting 45 minute lines for a FP at rope drop. Better get there early!

Maybe I'll save my famous pie recipe for when you're gone. That can be my contribution to keeping things moving. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!

Happy Anniversary to you and Lady H and also Happy 5th anniversary to you and DW. Oh! Wait! They are one and the same! :lmao:

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your plans are great! The City Pass sounds like a great deal! That's only $25 per park per day!:thumbsup2 We haven't done that because we are always visiting family when we go, so we have to see what we have time for and what everyone wants to do.

I am relieved to see you do know when you are going and how you are getting there! :rotfl2:

o kitty, we are not going to DL when they are. we are going to WDW in late nov, early dec, and out time with the bunny people will overlap.

ok, doesn't Marlin call the seahorse "pony boy" in the begining of Finding Nemo? (there might be a pony boy in outsiders, too, I don't remember. in which case, you are right after all, just not what I was thinking of)

I meant if you guys to go DL next year in September. It will be me and DH's fifth anniversary!
Although Ponzi and I were thinking about a meet with you two in Minneapolis at Mall of America next year (not sure if you have read that yet on your TR).

I have not seen Finding Nebo,,,I mean Nemo.
The only Pony Boy I know is in The Outsiders.

Happy anniversary

Going to DL for the first time and meeting the infamous Nebo and Smidgy??? That would be AWESOME!!!pixiedust:

Can I come too? Please, I'll be good, promise.

Well if you are going to be good then...No...:sad2: What is the point of that? :rotfl:

o kitty, we are not going to DL when they are. we are going to WDW in late nov, early dec, and out time with the bunny people will overlap.

ok, doesn't Marlin call the seahorse "pony boy" in the begining of Finding Nemo? (there might be a pony boy in outsiders, too, I don't remember. in which case, you are right after all, just not what I was thinking of)

I guess I'll have to watch Finding Nemo again. I don't remember that reference off hand. I just automatically think The Outsiders when hearing the name Pony Boy. I think I'll have to watch that one again too. Can't go wrong with watching a young Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez Ralph Macchio and Matt Dillon.

:hug: Thank you! There are days it feels like the wedding was just yesterday...Others............not so much. :rotfl2:

I was going to ask you (T Man and Lady H, not Smidgy) the same thing, and also wish you a happy anniversary. Smidge just beat me to it.

Thank you! :hug:

Happy anniversary! I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?

I would expect a crowd for CarsLand. I've heard a few people reporting 45 minute lines for a FP at rope drop. Better get there early!

Maybe I'll save my famous pie recipe for when you're gone. That can be my contribution to keeping things moving. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you! :hug: And yes, we have heard many horror stories about the lines at Carsland. For sure it will be an interesting adventure to see how fast we can get to the FP area for tickets and to see how bad the lines will be with a FP.

Happy Anniversary to you and Lady H and also Happy 5th anniversary to you and DW. Oh! Wait! They are one and the same! :lmao:

:rotfl: Sometimes you have to wonder if they really are...

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your plans are great! The City Pass sounds like a great deal! That's only $25 per park per day!:thumbsup2 We haven't done that because we are always visiting family when we go, so we have to see what we have time for and what everyone wants to do.

I am relieved to see you do know when you are going and how you are getting there! :rotfl2:

In all reality it wasn't until after we started the planning that we realized that we would be going around our anniversary. I think that made it a little more exciting. Which reminds me. Must pick up anniversary card today. Good think I drove in and didn't take the train to work.

I meant if you guys to go DL next year in September. It will be me and DH's fifth anniversary!
Although Ponzi and I were thinking about a meet with you two in Minneapolis at Mall of America next year (not sure if you have read that yet on your TR).

I have not seen Finding Nebo,,,I mean Nemo.
The only Pony Boy I know is in The Outsiders.

Happy anniversary

:hug:Thank you. And I am all for a Dis Meet up at DL. It looks like Tman is already starting the planning on that one :idea: I'm excited to actually get to meet Smidgy and Nebo at WDW. I think Tman is getting a little frustrated with me, because he keeps going over his spreadsheets, while I keep telling him, I don't care what we are doing that day, we have to meet them! :upsidedow

Happy anniversary!

Thank you!

I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?

I've been doing my homework since it's back to school time. To answer your question, yes and no.

EMH is available everyday, to each park, for guests staying at the Disney hotels.

EMH is available only one time to DL (not DCA) for non-hotel guests that buy a 3-day (or more) park ticket; and the only days you can use the EMH is either on a Sat, Sun, Tue or Thu. Once you use it, that's it. Unless you want to buy another 3-day ticket. Since the City Pass has a 3-Day hopper included, we get to use it one time.

Non-hotel guests with 1 or 2 day tickets don't get an EMH to either park.

We plan to. We've also read that stand-by times are close to 2 hours. :eek: So we really hope to get a FP.

I was beginning to wonder if there were going to be anymore recipes. :rotfl: I'm sure Lady H will like that. As will I.

Enjoy your trip!

We have every intention to. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the anniversary wish.

I was rather surprised how fast Smidgy replied to that. No sooner did I post it and she was already replying.

Shhh!
You promised not to tell DW about Lady H. :sad2:

Thanks for the anniversary wish. :goodvibes

It was too good of a deal to pass up. More parks (bang) for our bucks.

You're relieved? Took a lot of work.

And I am all for a Dis Meet up at DL. It looks like Tman is already starting the planning on that one :idea:

Dates people. I need dates. They come in handy when planning.

Happy anniversary

Thank you.

I think Tman is getting a little frustrated with me, because he keeps going over his spreadsheets, while I keep telling him, I don't care what we are doing that day, we have to meet them! :upsidedow

Well it would be helpful for a little input. After all I'm not the only one going on this trip. I don't want to get scolded again for changing something I shouldn't have.

One if by Land, Two if by Sea, Look Out Universe, the Thumper’s are Coming, The Thumpers are Coming. Run! Hide!

1sm117run-for-hills.gif

STOP!!! Where is everybody going? You’re not afraid of 2 cute cuddly bunnies are you?

Are you kidding??? Have you forgotten this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Besides, I was just about to tell you how I, ok we, decided to not only go to DL; but to SW and US as well.

Oh. Well. That's different.

Please. Go right ahead.

Just dawned on me I haven’t let you know exactly when we’re going.

That's true. I was just thinking, "When are these two going?"

Probably thinking to yourselves, “when are these 2 going?

See? Toldja.

Bet they’re making up a TR from the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland book and the Disney Website.”

That's not a bad idea... I'm sure I could make something up about... oops.

Did I mention the purpose of this trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary? In case you didn’t know, Lady H and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary. This coming Saturday (August 18th) DW and I will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary.

No you didn't and
happy-anniversary.gif

With the So. Cal City Pass, we get 3 fabulous days to tour DL/DCA. We can park hop between to the parks if we so choose. We also get one day each to Sea World and Universal. This is the best deal around. It’s almost like buying a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket to DL and getting US and SW for free.

Wow. Sweet deal. :thumbsup2

The CP costs $279 per ticket. A 3-Day Park Hopper for DL costs $250. Purchase separate tickets to SW and US, and it comes out to $393 per person.

Nice!

The day we get there, we arrive in Los Angeles at around10:30 am. Pick up the rental car (because I have super duper strength)

Hah! And you said to not be afraid!

I know what you’re thinking, “they just rented a car? Why not drive to Downtown Disney?” We’re pretending that we’ll be in WDW. Uh-oh, it’s starting already. I have to remind myself it’s not WDW. We calculated it will be cheaper for us to take the bus to/from Disney, then to drive to the park and pay for parking each day. We want to get a feel for the bus system to see if it will actually work out for us. If we feel like it won’t work for us, then we’ll just have to fork over more money to Disney and pay to park.

Okay, got it. Rent a car just for weight training.

I did mention it’s our wedding anniversary right? I’ll mention it one more time to be on the safe side. Lady H and I will be celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary.

I'm sorry. Still not quite clear on this. Is it a special occasion of some sort? Perhaps an anniversary of some kind?

Decided we would do SH 55 first while we will still have money. If we wait until later on, I might spend all our money on souvenirs I don’t really need. Like a glass sculpture or something.

Nah. That would be dumb. How would you get it home?

Might sneak out of the park and go across the street to the Garden Walk and replenish the Sunny D mixtures. Now that I mention it, I better write that down on our shopping list.

Usually people forget things after the Sunny Ds.

Can’t wait to see how US remodeled after the fire.

Do you mean the 2008 fire or the 2011 fire?

Tuesday-DCA. Get up and out the door early, and hope there’s not a ton of people waiting to get into Carsland. Really looking forward to World of Color as well.

And I'm looking forward to your report on same. I have no idea what World of Color even is.

Get Lady H in the car for a drive that lasts longer than 45 minutes, and she’s out like a light. Although I must admit, lately she’s gotten better a staying awake.

Both those sentences sound like DW.

If we don’t make it to the beach, we’ll just lounge around on some lungers at our resort pool.

Saw that. Nice shout out.

Have an ADR for Rainforest Café. 3 words: Orange Sherbet Margarita.

I've been forced to go to Rainforest Cafe more times then I care to recall...

But I've never heard of an Orange Sherbet Margarita. It sounds awesome, and I never knew. :sad2:

unless you want to start posting your favorite cocktail recipes in addition to the cake and pie recipes.

I'm getting there! Sheesh. Such a nag.

Date is getting closer and almost time for us to fly.

Just around the corner now!

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to for you to see CarsLand and report back to us!

Get to a few call outs later. Lady H's grandpa is stopping by. Thanks again to everyone who sent out anniversary wishes.

By this time next week, be at the airport waiting to go to DL. :cool1:

Oh, how they danced, on the night they were wed.
they danced and they danced, cause the room, had no bed.

:hug:happy anniversary

Are you kidding??? Have you forgotten this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

:lmao::lmao: I hadn't seen that in a long time.

That's true. I was just thinking, "When are these two going?"

Feels like time came to a halt. Sometime this month if our date ever gets here.

No you didn't and
happy-anniversary.gif

Thanks again.

Wow. Sweet deal. :thumbsup2

The not so sweet deal is if you want to add a day to that ticket. You only get $219 towards upgrading your ticket. So almost $50 per ticket to add a day. At least that's what City Pass told me. I'll inquire more about it while we're there.

Okay, got it. Rent a car just for weight training.

Gotta stay in shape some how. If I ever get in shape that us. Some shape other than round.

I'm sorry. Still not quite clear on this. Is it a special occasion of some sort? Perhaps an anniversary of some kind?

Why yes. Lady H and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary on this trip. Thanks for asking. Wasn't sure if I mentioned it or not.

Nah. That would be dumb. How would you get it home?

UPS of course. Shipping fees I'm sure would be much cheaper for us as they would've been for you.

Usually people forget things after the Sunny Ds.

I am going to introduce you to something other than Sunny D. We won't be packing any miniatures to take with us. Stop cringing Nebo. We want to stay under the weight limit.

Do you mean the 2008 fire or the 2011 fire?

I know about the 2008 fire, but I don't recall a 2011 fire. Is this a test of the emergency broadcast system? Or are you referring to the 2011 fire in Orlando? We're not going to Orlando until December. Remember this TR is about us going to the one in Hollywood. How many Sunny D bottles have did you have while writing this TR that you already forgot? :confused3

"We're going to Hollywood."

I have no idea what World of Color even is.

And I bet you Googled it right after I mentioned it?

I've been forced to go to Rainforest Cafe more times then I care to recall...

But I've never heard of an Orange Sherbet Margarita. It sounds awesome, and I never knew. :sad2:

They're actually called a Margarilla: "The Rainforest Cafe® house specialty featuring Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila and orange sherbet." I highly recommend them. If you ever find yourself around Albuquerque, NM; drop by, we live just outside of this city. I know how to make them and might be a little stronger if you know what I mean. :thumbsup2

I'm getting there! Sheesh. Such a nag.

It's not just you we're waiting on. :rolleyes1 Think everyone is waiting until we leave to post their recipes. Help keep our TR going. What a thoughtful group. :grouphug:

Just around the corner now!

Counting the days.

As always, thanks Ponzi. Glad to see I haven't chased you away yet. With Nebo and Smidgy being back, I'm glad to see we still have some readers.

Not even Nebo himself has come to read our TR yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter