Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimmed through the thread and the last mention of online check-in seems to be in Dec. 2014. Just wanted to confirm that it's still true that you don't need to actually ever set foot on the campgrounds if you proceed with online check in or find out if anything's changed.
Correct. There have been recent threads on online check-in/direct to room access.

Just to add to what hiroMyhero said about online check-in, I recently stayed one night at All Star Movies and had online check-in all set up with a credit card. I never actually even went to the main reception area. Just went to the building my room was in and to my room directly. Never went to the reception/main building area at all during my one night stay, neither on the night of check-in or on the morning of check-out. So no, it's not necessary.

I want to make sure I get this right.

I can book a campsite, book FP+ at 60 days out, get MBs and free parking for check-in through check-out day AND cancel without payment while keeping the MBs and FP+?
I wouldn't get free parking unless I kept the campsite, correct?
Last question: If I book a campsite for Mon-Tues, link a 3-day ticket to my MBs (once they arrive) and am staying offsite Mon-Sat what days will I be able to book FP+ at 60 days out?

I've read so much on this board and am trying to take it all in, so forgive my ignorance! I haven't been to WDW since 1997...

My understanding is that if you cancel within 30 days you will keep your fast passes. Not sure what happens if you cancel 31-60 days out. Also you won't have free parking if you cancel.

Regarding fast passes, you can book the first two days at 60 days prior to the first day. You can then book the remaining days on your ticket at a rolling 60 day basis. So you could book Monday and Tuesday at 60 days before Monday but then you can't book Wednesday through Saturday until 60 days prior to that respective day.

I think your questions may have been pretty confusing. Let me try.

1) What do you mean by "apply my tickets"? Tickets don't get attached to specific days. A 5 day ticket means you can go to a major park on 5 different days, within the expiration of the ticket. You don't have to decide up front which ones.

When you select FP+ in advance, however, you are selecting days. But it can be any five days within your current booking window. And you can cancel one day and book a different one if you so choose.

If by "apply my tickets" means you won't enter them into MDX until you get there, then you can't book any FP+ in advance, since you don't have a ticket associated with the account.

2) This depends on the answer to #1, but if your ticket is in MDX, and your booking window is open, the only time you NEED to use a kiosk is for additional FP+ after the first 3.

3) You only get free parking for the 8th and 9th.

4) Sort of. If you book a room for Jan 8th-9th, on November 9th, you'll be able to book BOTH of those days. But to book the 10th, you need to wait until November 11th. And it's 60 days from each day thereafter (as least far as I most recently knew - could have changed)

5) No

6) You can link a credit card to your room. Your band can only be used to charge to your room, and the balance gets charged to your card in the early morning hours of your check-out day. You can continue to use it on your check-out day (up until midnight I believe), and they will be charged that night.

They _may_ be planning on having direct CC charging (or perhaps similar indirect charging) for off-site guests, since one of the purposes of MBs are to make it easier to spend, but they have not actually announced that intent.

I didn't realize you could cancel and keep the FP+! I figured I would just have to take a $40 hit ($80 campsite - $40 worth of free parking). Genius.

Ok first of all sorry..... I have read though pages and pages of this thread. I'm trying not to be more confused... but I am a bit confused as I have never done this before.

We are offsite condo people. I usually buy tickets from UT also and never from WDW. Never have stayed onsite, but I'm thinking of booking a throwaway camper spot to get magic bands, 2 days parking, and 60 days FP access.

SO let me make sure I have this straight in my head.... someone clarify if I have something incorrect!

1. I can book a camper spot for one night
2. I can still buy my discounted tickets from UT, and link them to my reservation and Disney will still send me magic bands (i need 4)
3. I do not have to actually check in to the camper spot to get a parking pass or even show up for the reservation at all

Pricing it myself, UT tickets, 2 days parking, buying 4 MB = $1408.60
1 night at campground will include 2 days parking and MBs = $119 + UT tickets $1316.80 = $1436

For a mere $27 ... that would give us 60 days FP+ access.

Ok first of all sorry..... I have read though pages and pages of this thread. I'm trying not to be more confused... but I am a bit confused as I have never done this before.

We are offsite condo people. I usually buy tickets from UT also and never from WDW. Never have stayed onsite, but I'm thinking of booking a throwaway camper spot to get magic bands, 2 days parking, and 60 days FP access.

SO let me make sure I have this straight in my head.... someone clarify if I have something incorrect!

1. I can book a camper spot for one night
2. I can still buy my discounted tickets from UT, and link them to my reservation and Disney will still send me magic bands (i need 4)
3. I do not have to actually check in to the camper spot to get a parking pass or even show up for the reservation at all

Pricing it myself, UT tickets, 2 days parking, buying 4 MB = $1408.60
1 night at campground will include 2 days parking and MBs = $119 + UT tickets $1316.80 = $1436

For a mere $27 ... that would give us 60 days FP+ access.

I think you have it!

What campground lot are you booking? Ours was $52 (versus your $119) so it actually ended up saving us money, plus included the 60 day FP+ window.

Okay, I have read everything on here for awhile now, and need to see if I got it right. We are going to Disney and staying offsite Sat Sept 24-Oct. 1. I have a campsite booked for Sat. Sept. 24. So, I would be able to book FP's for our 1st park day, Sun, Sept. 25, 60 days prior to that day, and then the rest of the days would be a rolling 60 days, right?

And, actually would it be better for me to book the campsite for Sun. Sept. 25, checkout Mon Sept. 26, since Sun is the first day we will be visiting a park? Then, I would book FP's 60 days prior to Sun, for Sun and Mon, and would get free parking for 2 park days (Sun and Mon), instead of just on Sun if I do it the other way. Am I thinking right on this?

And, one more thing to clarify-you can book FP's 60 days prior to your CHECK-IN date, right? Even if we don't "check-in" until 4pm, we can still book FP's at 60 days out for that check-in day. Thanks!

Okay, I have read everything on here for awhile now, and need to see if I got it right. We are going to Disney and staying offsite Sat Sept 24-Oct. 1. I have a campsite booked for Sat. Sept. 24. So, I would be able to book FP's for our 1st park day, Sun, Sept. 25, 60 days prior to that day, and then the rest of the days would be a rolling 60 days, right?

And, actually would it be better for me to book the campsite for Sun. Sept. 25, checkout Mon Sept. 26, since Sun is the first day we will be visiting a park? Then, I would book FP's 60 days prior to Sun, for Sun and Mon, and would get free parking for 2 park days (Sun and Mon), instead of just on Sun if I do it the other way. Am I thinking right on this?

And, one more thing to clarify-you can book FP's 60 days prior to your CHECK-IN date, right? Even if we don't "check-in" until 4pm, we can still book FP's at 60 days out for that check-in day. Thanks!

Yes, you'd be better off booking for the 25th. And you are correct on the rest.

I am within my 30 day window, so can't book a campsite and cancel. If I am willing to take the hit and pay for extra bands, can I order bands from Disneystore under a different account with no tickets linked, and use those for additional SDFP?

I am within my 30 day window, so can't book a campsite and cancel. If I am willing to take the hit and pay for extra bands, can I order bands from Disneystore under a different account with no tickets linked, and use those for additional SDFP?

Assuming SDFP means sixty day fast pass, the FP+ are connected to the ticket which is connected to the MB. Just having a MB w/o a ticket attached will not get you extra FP+.

I have a campsite booked for Sept 13th and added one day of ddp to try it out. I bought our five day tickets also, saving $ over UT by buying Disney gift cards at a discount. We arrive at out condo on the 12th so the 13th and 14th are park days going to do one day TS and one day CS and use snacks as we want but with big breakfasts at the condo and desserts and drinks coming with our meal and the heat we should be good. No parking fees those days. As long as we check-in online do you see any issues? I have not seen anyone add DDP in this thread.

You have to cancel 5 days prior to check-in, and not 30. 30 may be for a package deal, not sure.
yes you can buy bands from Disneystore unlinked.

Assuming SDFP means sixty day fast pass, the FP+ are connected to the ticket which is connected to the MB. Just having a MB w/o a ticket attached will not get you extra FP+.
SDFP means Same Day Fast Pass.

As far as SDFP, I'm about 7 months out of date on that. As of June 2015, yes, SDFPs still worked. @Fabfive5 if the process still works, those unlinked bands you buy will work for SDFPs. What I did was keep my SDFP bands grey and all ticket-bound bands as colors.

I'm planning a possible March trip for DD and I, so I'll have to go hunt to see if SDFPs are still working. Won't really need them, because I have 6 1d tickets that I can use for "day before" fps.

Well that was easy. We are offsite at WH and have UT tickets. I was about to buy our bands online. After reading through this post, I just booked a one night tent campsite for $84. I won't have to buy magic bands ($61) or pay for 2 days of parking ($40.) So I saved $17 and will get access to 60 day FP+ reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter