Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid of doing it by myself on the website. The agent was very kind on the phone and found me a fri/sat that was not available online. But he insisted on the whole stay and I felt awkward.
The question is if I should wait to cancel de 6 days LATER so I can book all the FP on when the window opens OR if I can do that change today and get this worry out of my mind and book the FP 60 days out for each stay? Sorry if I sound redundant. Is it really relevant / important this extra 2 days before in terms of FP booking? Sorry I can't seem to formulate my question right... Do I cancel my stay BEFORE I book my FP or AFTER? Just to be clear, I will keep the separate 3 days. Ufff..
I would do the 3 separate stays now. An agent isn’t going to amend your stay to 3 every other day stays.

You probably only got the Fri/Sat stay because of the 6-day stay. Booking and canceling after obtaining total stay FP perks can’t be discussed in this thread so it’s up to you to chance changing to 3 separate stays later.

I have a split stay of two nights, Aug 11-12, at a WDW resort, followed by 5 nights, Aug 13-18, at a DVC resort. I just found out that my eldest, who supposed to be home by Aug. 8, may not get home from his summer job until August 12th now. I will do online check-in and have no problem paying for the room even though we may not use it for both nights or at all. Will Disney cancel my fast passes if we don't arrive on Aug. 11?

Would it be best for me to use separate fast pass dates for both stays to make sure my fast passes for the DVC stay do not get canceled?

Last edited:

For the first time ever I have booked a throwaway campsite booking for one night in September in the middle of a 15 night trip. This doesn't sit easy with me and I know there will be lots of people who think it is wrong but I console my self with the absolute fortune I have given to Disney every year since 2005! We have the 14 day ultimate tickets as we are from the UK and we originally thought this would be a quiet time and then Star Wars came along which we would of course love to visit. However, seeing that there is a three hour EMH for every day of our holiday, I am guessing the chances of getting on Star Wars would be pretty slim for people staying off site. Also, our friends have a one day ticket for HS (originally to be able to go on Toy Story) so I was very worried for them that this might be a waste of money as they would not get to ride anything.
I am not sure if we can get 2 days of EMH or 1? Do we have to check in to the camp site first or can this be done online now? Could I really show up there super early (before 6am) to check in? Its not the end of the world of we are only able to have one day as not sure I'd be able to get up and be at the park that early two days running. We don't have Magic Bands as we are staying offsite and bought our tickets i the UK. Although I have linked tickets to our reservation.
Thanks

Last edited:
I am not sure if we can get 2 days of EMH or 1? Do we have to check in to the camp site first or can this be done online now? Could I really show up there super early (before 6am) to check in?
You can show up as early as you like to check-in. If you were hoping for an actual room/space to be available, that would be a different story, but DH and I have checked in at resorts as early as 5:30 and gone straight to the parks from there.

This doesn't sit easy with me and I know there will be lots of people who think it is wrong but I console my self with the absolute fortune I have given to Disney every year since 2005!

Not sure why anyone would think this is wrong... we are paying for our campsite and taking advantage of the perks that come with it like any other guest.

Yes: you have EMH for check-in and checkout days.

Great, so in theory if I am able to check in on line (and not have to go to the campsite before park opening) will I have something that I can show at HS showing that I am on site and therefore ok for EMH?

Not sure why anyone would think this is wrong... we are paying for our campsite and taking advantage of the perks that come with it like any other guest.

This makes me feel better. I completely agree but read so many posts against this type of thing in the past that made me think I shouldn't do it. Anyway, I hope Star Wars is worth it.

You can show up as early as you like to check-in. If you were hoping for an actual room/space to be available, that would be a different story, but DH and I have checked in at resorts as early as 5:30 and gone straight to the parks from there.

We arrive a week before our reservation at the campsite, actually have our first night at All Star Movies to take advantage of transport from airport. So I will hopefully be able to check with them and see if there is a need to actually go to the campsite prior to going to the park. would like to avoid this. We always pop over to FW on our trips, love hiring the boats so may do this the day before check in too to just enquire.

So I will hopefully be able to check with them and see if there is a need to actually go to the campsite prior to going to the park. would like to avoid this.
There is no need to go to FW.

Your MBs that you’ll use at All Stars will also show the link to your FW reservation when you enter EMH on those 2 FW days.

Just to confirm... we have our magic bands and did online check in. Is there any reason that I have to show up to the campsite at all?

We want to be able to utilize the free parking benefit at the parks, how do we do this?

Thanks!!

Just to confirm... we have our magic bands and did online check in. Is there any reason that I have to show up to the campsite at all?

We want to be able to utilize the free parking benefit at the parks, how do we do this?

Thanks!!

No need to show up at the campsite at all. Just scan your magic bands at the parking ticket booth. Just did this beginning of May. No problems

So, if you have a stay every other night, you can only get FP+ 60+1 right? And you can book FP+ any days until then?

Last edited:
I’m sorry if I’m asking too many questions, but I just want to make 100% sure I have this right. I am traveling with 2 other couples. We are all booked offsite. But if I book a Fort Wilderness campsite for all of us for one night, we will all get EMH for those 2 days, plus free parking those 2 days, plus 60 day fastpass booking for those 2 days, plus I can book a bounceback?

I’m sorry if I’m asking too many questions, but I just want to make 100% sure I have this right. I am traveling with 2 other couples. We are all booked offsite. But if I book a Fort Wilderness campsite for all of us for one night, we will all get EMH for those 2 days, plus free parking those 2 days, plus 60 day fastpass booking for those 2 days, plus I can book a bounceback?
Moved you to this info thread; read the first Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!