Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. 60 days from 5/31, you should be able to book FP's for the entire trip. This is a few days after what you would be able to book if you had a"throwaway" for the earlier part of the trip but you need onsite to take advantage of EMH.
2. Yes, MB's are linked to your onsite reservation, not your tickets, so you will get MB's for all your party.
3. If you book the campsite under the same MDE as your linked UT tickets, this should happen automatically.
4. NO! :smooth:

Thanks for the fast response ckelly14!

So to be totally clear....

I book the campsite for 5/31-6/1 and can get FPs at 60 days for those 2 dates.
I book my other FPs (5/27-5/29) at 30 days out.
The system automatically links my Magic Bands to my MDE, and I use them instead of my cards from UT for the whole trip.

Right?????

I swear I normally have my thoughts together, but this FP+ system is new to me, not to mention the whole throwaway room thing. Am I the only one who misses paper fastpasses and Tour Guide Mike???

I book my other FPs (5/27-5/29) at 30 days out.
No. When your 60-day window opens it includes these dates. Book them as soon as your FP booking window opens.

Your MBs will be active as soon as you receive them and they will provide the link to your tickets and FPs for your first park day through the end of your vacation.

No. When your 60-day window opens it includes these dates. Book them as soon as your FP booking window opens.

Your MBs will be active as soon as you receive them and they will provide the link to your tickets and FPs for your first park day through the end of your vacation.

That's awesome!! I was thinking that since I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist AND wasn't booking a throwaway room until 5/31 that I couldn't make FPs until after that date. But, if I can get book a campsite for 5/31 AND get 60 day FPs starting 5/27 when I link my tickets, that is a total game changer!! Sweet!!

I think this is the place to ask this question...

I am an Annual passholder and I'm going on a trip this august that includes 7 park hopping days. I was considering a 1 day stay at a disney resort at the beginning of our trip for many reasons, one of them being able to book fp+ 60 days out. However, check in/check out day we arent going to any parks. those days we are going to explore and enjoy the resort we choose. we would be going to a park on the day after check out.

Will the rolling 60 day still work for me?
Should I book mock fp+ on the check in and out days just to make sure it will work?
If it doesn't can I cancel my reservation and get my money back?

Related question: My parents are staying at Pop for the last night of our trip. (We will be in an offsite condo for the rest of the trip, but my mom LOVES magical express, so they are staying there the last night just for that. Go figure.) Anyway, on the last day we will take them to Pop so they can leave their luggage at bell services early in the morning. We're all spending the day at AK.
Here's my question: If they want to relax at the resort and grab something from the food court and then join us later using the bus ... can we just take one of their magic bands (they have multiple) and use it to park our van for free at AK? Even if they are not physically with us in the car? They will be later ...

Related question: My parents are staying at Pop for the last night of our trip. (We will be in an offsite condo for the rest of the trip, but my mom LOVES magical express, so they are staying there the last night just for that. Go figure.) Anyway, on the last day we will take them to Pop so they can leave their luggage at bell services early in the morning. We're all spending the day at AK.
Here's my question: If they want to relax at the resort and grab something from the food court and then join us later using the bus ... can we just take one of their magic bands (they have multiple) and use it to park our van for free at AK? Even if they are not physically with us in the car? They will be later ...
Yes. It works because CMs at the parking Toll plaza do not check ID. A valid resort reservation linked to the MB is fine.

My situation is a bit complicated and I have lots of questions so please bear with me ;). My husband and I have annual passes and we will stay on site for night, Friday July 28th and will activate our passes at this time. Then, we are staying in our 1 bedroom timeshare for the week. Our daughter and her family is arriving and staying on site for the following one night Friday Aug 4th, then we are booking into a 2 bedroom unit at our timeshare. Sounds simple so far, but here is where is gets complicated: we bought the grandkids the park tickets and it is linked to our account, I should be able to link our daughters tickets to ours so I can make fp selections for everybody, but what about her room reservation? That is under her name. Am I able to link her room reservation to our account and then make fp selections for us all? When would be the earliest I can do this? At her 60 day mark or at ours? Thank you!

My situation is a bit complicated and I have lots of questions so please bear with me ;). My husband and I have annual passes and we will stay on site for night, Friday July 28th and will activate our passes at this time. Then, we are staying in our 1 bedroom timeshare for the week. Our daughter and her family is arriving and staying on site for the following one night Friday Aug 4th, then we are booking into a 2 bedroom unit at our timeshare. Sounds simple so far, but here is where is gets complicated: we bought the grandkids the park tickets and it is linked to our account, I should be able to link our daughters tickets to ours so I can make fp selections for everybody, but what about her room reservation? That is under her name. Am I able to link her room reservation to our account and then make fp selections for us all? When would be the earliest I can do this? At her 60 day mark or at ours? Thank you!

I am not sure how AP's play into the mix, but for your grand kids' regular tickets: you should be able to keep all the tickets separate, then link your daughter's MDE to your own via the "my family and friend" list on your MDE's. You should then be able to make all your FP's together at the 60 day mark, provided at least one member from your daughter's MDE (with the onsite reservation) are in the party. Essentially, if at least one person from the onsite reservation is in your party, you will "umbrella" the onsite benefits to the rest of the group.

I assume you are making FP's for the week after August 4th. You will be able to make those fast passes one day at a time, on a rolling basis, 60 days before August 4th.

It may also be simpler to transfer the grandkids tickets to your daughter's MDE. I assume the grandkids are on your daughter's reservation?

Last edited:
Yes the grandkids are on her room reservation, but since we purchased the tickets its on our account- as is all of our dining reservations. Also yes I didn't explain, but we will make fp reservations for the week that she is there and then for ourselves for the July dates. So I can then make fp reservations at the 60 day mark on a rolling basis for all of us? I just need to link her room reservation to ours? So this is possible? Our daughter sadly isn't interested in doing any of the planning and since I love it, this is what my job is ;) thank you for all of your advice and help! :)

Yes the grandkids are on her room reservation, but since we purchased the tickets its on our account- as is all of our dining reservations. Also yes I didn't explain, but we will make fp reservations for the week that she is there and then for ourselves for the July dates. So I can then make fp reservations at the 60 day mark on a rolling basis for all of us? I just need to link her room reservation to ours? So this is possible? Our daughter sadly isn't interested in doing any of the planning and since I love it, this is what my job is ;) thank you for all of your advice and help! :)

I'm making an assumption that your daughter has a MDE account created, and her tickets, as well as her reservation, is on that MDE (Perhaps that's assuming too much?). Link the accounts via "friends and family", then all your profiles will be available to make FP reservations at the 60 day window. Just make sure your daughter and/or son-in-law is selected in the party.

It would certainly be simpler to add your daughter's reservation to your MDE, especially if your daughter didn't book online or otherwise have a profile created (or doesn't have a clue what we are talking about!). However, I'm not sure they would allow you to link her reservation to your profile, especially since you have (presumably) different last names. I'm not sure how Disney makes sure a linked reservation is your own. I would get her reservation number and try it.

I'm not an AP expert, but you should be able to book FP's for up to 7 days, so you will have to pick one week or the other (or partial weeks up to a total of 7 days).

Is there any risk to booking my tickets separately from my throwaway room? I didn't know if using this strategy would be best while purchasing as a package through Disney. Also, is there any way to pay for parking for the rest of the days ahead of time, or would I need to pay each day after my check out date?

If I waited to book my throwaway room for mid trip to wait for the evening EMH, would the only downside be having to wait a few extra days for FP reservations? I'm just worried about being able to get up early with jet lag from west coast and teenagers on day 1 :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there any risk to booking my tickets separately from my throwaway room? I didn't know if using this strategy would be best while purchasing as a package through Disney. Also, is there any way to pay for parking for the rest of the days ahead of time, or would I need to pay each day after my check out date?

I don't think there's any advantage to booking a Disney package unless you want the dining plan. There is certainly no advantage to be had from a throwaway room standpoint. I don't think there is any way to pre-pay to park.

If I waited to book my throwaway room for mid trip to wait for the evening EMH, would the only downside be having to wait a few extra days for FP reservations? I'm just worried about being able to get up early with jet lag from west coast and teenagers on day 1 :)
Thanks!

Correct, that would be the only downside.

I don't think there's any advantage to booking a Disney package unless you want the dining plan. There is certainly no advantage to be had from a throwaway room standpoint. I don't think there is any way to pre-pay to park.

Thank you!!!

I agree on all counts. I've never seen a way to pre-pay for parking (other than to get a room :) ), and there is no need to get the tickets direct from Disney, as long as they come from an authorized seller.

I agree on all counts. I've never seen a way to pre-pay for parking (other than to get a room :) ), and there is no need to get the tickets direct from Disney, as long as they come from an authorized seller.
I'm super paranoid after we showed up at DLR with tickets from a mousesavers recommended retailer, only to find out the tickets had already been used! Not the best way to start off your trip. While the agency fixed our issue, I am not sure if I will try it again.

Sorry for all the questions, but if we book a throwaway room for 7/21-22 and then again for 7/25-26 to take advantage of EMH, am I going to have issues booking fast passes and linking reservations? I want to make sure that's not going to mess up the glitch :)

Thanks again for everyone on this board and all the fantastic tips I've gotten already!

I'm super paranoid after we showed up at DLR with tickets from a mousesavers recommended retailer, only to find out the tickets had already been used! Not the best way to start off your trip. While the agency fixed our issue, I am not sure if I will try it again.

Sorry for all the questions, but if we book a throwaway room for 7/21-22 and then again for 7/25-26 to take advantage of EMH, am I going to have issues booking fast passes and linking reservations? I want to make sure that's not going to mess up the glitch :)

Thanks again for everyone on this board and all the fantastic tips I've gotten already!

DLR is a bit different than WDW when it comes to tickets. there are plenty of reputable authorized sellers. I personally use Undercover Tourist. I can't promise no problems, but many, many people on the DISboards do it all the time. But you did ask about getting the tickets separately. :)

Now, as for splitting the reservations with a gap like that, that is a more complicated problem and I'm not sure if you'll be able to make all the selections in one swoop, or you'll have to wait for 60 days from each individual reservation to cover those days.

Also, is there any way to pay for parking for the rest of the days ahead of time, or would I need to pay each day after my check out date?
Just an FYI: most of the days on our June trip last year, we were only asked to show our MB to get free parking. I think they actually scanned it twice...so if you have your MBs from your throwaway ressie to show, you may not be asked to pay for parking. No guarantees though.

I don't think there's any advantage to booking a Disney package unless you want the dining plan.
And actually you don't have to book a package with tickets to get the dining plan. Disney will allow a ticketless package with room and DDP, if you want. You just have to call in to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!