Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I had a credit card associated to my MDE account (from a previous resort trip) .. can I use my Magic Band to charge things to my "room" still? I assume they will just then just automatically charge my card for those charges after checkout even though I won't physically be checking in or out at Fort Wilderness?

Hello! I just wanted to double check the answer to this. Our wise moderator has answered this question in the affirmative. However, I have an inkling of a memory from our last WDW trip a few years ago that MB/room charge privileges had to be set up at the front desk of our resort (i.e., the MB wasn't automatically set up to allow room charging to the credit card stored on MDE). However, I could be remembering this wrong. Are we certain that "room charging" is available using MBs without requiring a trip to the resort front desk?

Thank you!

Hello! I just wanted to double check the answer to this. Our wise moderator has answered this question in the affirmative. However, I have an inkling of a memory from our last WDW trip a few years ago that MB/room charge privileges had to be set up at the front desk of our resort (i.e., the MB wasn't automatically set up to allow room charging to the credit card stored on MDE). However, I could be remembering this wrong. Are we certain that "room charging" is available using MBs without requiring a trip to the resort front desk?

Thank you!
I did not have to visit the front desk to set up charging privileges for myself this past June. I just had to have a card set up on MDE. My parents did, though, bc they are on my MDE, and they wanted to charge to a different card than mine (that was set up in MDE).

Thank you!
Everything can be done via online check-in. You even set/reset Pin Codes for charging via your MB.

That's what makes this a great perk for offsite visitors - they never have to go to the onsite resort.

I did not have to visit the front desk to set up charging privileges for myself this past June. I just had to have a card set up on MDE. My parents did, though, bc they are on my MDE, and they wanted to charge to a different card than mine (that was set up in MDE).

Everything can be done via online check-in. You even set/reset Pin Codes for charging via your MB.

That's what makes this a great perk for offsite visitors - they never have to go to the onsite resort.

Thank you both so much! My in-laws were staying in the same suite as us last time, so I must be remembering that they needed to go to the desk to set up their MBs to charge to their own credit card. Thanks again!

Another huge perk for many military families (or Swan & Dolphin possibly): If staying at Shades of Green Resort (across the parking lot from the Polynesian) you can save at least $60 in one way airport transportation by using Magical Express. It is only good for check-in and check-out days so you will likely be stuck paying for one direction, but I love taking Magical Express and not having to worry about picking up baggage upon arrival. Shades guests already get EMH, but do not get airport transportation, magic bands, free parking at parks, or 60-day FP+ access. Our campsite for night of arrival was way worth it and since we will be enjoying Chip N Dale's Campfire Sing-along our first night anyway, we will be dropped off at the right spot and have our baggage held until we are ready to head to Shades.

Another huge perk for many military families (or Swan & Dolphin possibly): If staying at Shades of Green Resort (across the parking lot from the Polynesian) you can save at least $60 in one way airport transportation by using Magical Express. It is only good for check-in and check-out days so you will likely be stuck paying for one direction, but I love taking Magical Express and not having to worry about picking up baggage upon arrival. Shades guests already get EMH, but do not get airport transportation, magic bands, free parking at parks, or 60-day FP+ access. Our campsite for night of arrival was way worth it and since we will be enjoying Chip N Dale's Campfire Sing-along our first night anyway, we will be dropped off at the right spot and have our baggage held until we are ready to head to Shades.
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

We have a trip coming up this fall, and we have 1 night booked onsite for our arrival night before moving to offsite (so not exactly a throwaway, but I'm hoping someone here can help!) One member of our party has a regular multi-day ticket, but two members of our party will have multiple single-day tickets.

So Here's my question: When the first post says "60 day + advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the length of your ticket."... Does that mean that for those two members, I will only be able to book FP+ for 1 of the single-day tickets at 60 days, and the other single-day tickets will have to be booked at 30 days? (Since the length of those tickets is only 1 day each.) Or should I be able to book at the rolling 60 days for each of the tickets? I hope this makes sense, and someone can help me! :) Thanks!

We have a trip coming up this fall, and we have 1 night booked onsite for our arrival night before moving to offsite (so not exactly a throwaway, but I'm hoping someone here can help!) One member of our party has a regular multi-day ticket, but two members of our party will have multiple single-day tickets.

So Here's my question: When the first post says "60 day + advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the length of your ticket."... Does that mean that for those two members, I will only be able to book FP+ for 1 of the single-day tickets at 60 days, and the other single-day tickets will have to be booked at 30 days? (Since the length of those tickets is only 1 day each.) Or should I be able to book at the rolling 60 days for each of the tickets? I hope this makes sense, and someone can help me! :) Thanks!
Once the single day tickets are linked, just think of them together as a "total."

30 day FP booking does not apply to Throwaway Rooms - that's the premise of the main perk.

Once the single day tickets are linked, just think of them together as a "total."

Great! I didn't know if the "length of ticket" was limited to the true length of each ticket, or if it just meant the total number of ticketed days. Thank you so much for your help! :)

Can someone please refresh my memory?

If I am using the 60-day window to book fast passes and book them for myself and friends who are not staying on-site, can those friends alter their fast passes between my 60-day mark and their 30-day mark, even if I don't alter my fast passes?

If I am using the 60-day window to book fast passes and book them for myself and friends who are not staying on-site, can those friends alter their fast passes between my 60-day mark and their 30-day mark, even if I don't alter my fast passes?
Yes. Even if you selected yourself + offsite friends and then deselected/detached yourself from the group and proceeded to choose date and park, that group still has the ability to book. They just "used" you to open the window for them.

In order to make the selections for them did you add them to your room and then you will remove them? Trying to figure out how to do this.

In order to make the selections for them did you add them to your room and then you will remove them? Trying to figure out how to do this.
They can be listed as Family/Friends on your MDE, or, if they have their own MDE, invite them via MDE to link to yours.

Then you have the complete group to choose from when booking your FPs.

They can be listed as Family/Friends on your MDE, or, if they have their own MDE, invite them via MDE to link to yours.

Then you have the complete group to choose from when booking your FPs.

So if we are traveling with a group staying onsite, but we are staying offsite, they can link us to their MDE and make our FP+ reservations the same time they make their's (60 days out)?

So if we are traveling with a group staying onsite, but we are staying offsite, they can link us to their MDE and make our FP+ reservations the same time they make their's (60 days out)?
Yes! :) The main perk of traveling with onsite people. Only one onsite person has to be linked to your grouping to open the 60-day window for you.

Yes! :) The main perk of traveling with onsite people. Only one onsite person has to be linked to your grouping to open the 60-day window for you.

Wonderful . . . finally a solution! Now I just need to purchase tickets and link them to our MDE before the 16th (when the 60-day window opens). I was trying to decide whether to wait for the March Mousesavers newsletter for the Undercover Tourist link to discounted tickets (deleted February's before I knew I was going on this trip), but I'm afraid that's cutting it a little too close. Would I be able to link them in time?

Thanks so much hiroMYhero! :thumbsup2

Wonderful . . . finally a solution! Now I just need to purchase tickets and link them to our MDE before the 16th (when the 60-day window opens). I was trying to decide whether to wait for the March Mousesavers newsletter for the Undercover Tourist link to discounted tickets (deleted February's before I knew I was going on this trip), but I'm afraid that's cutting it a little too close. Would I be able to link them in time?

Thanks so much hiroMYhero! :thumbsup2
You're welcome! :)

Allears lists pricing for Maple Leaf discounted tickets. Select the e-tickets/digital tickets (from wherever you purchase your tickets) and you'll link the confirmation codes directly into your MDE account.
http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

You're welcome! :)

Allears lists pricing for Maple Leaf discounted tickets. Select the e-tickets/digital tickets (from wherever you purchase your tickets) and you'll link the confirmation codes directly into your MDE account.
http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Thanks! And just to clarify, in order for this to work (linking our MDE to the group staying onsite the entire trip and booking FP+ 60 days out), I would still need to cancel my current package (which has us checking in to POR for one night at the end of our trip on May 19 (staying offsite from May 14 until then), and then booking the room and tickets separately, or does that matter now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!