Throwaway Campsites for Magic bands

I think one of the things Disney can do (if they really want to and decided this was a big enough problem) is require a minimum night stay for tent sites. That might cut down on it.
I'd deal with it, if there were a minimum, but plan to use two nights several times in 2015. I think they'd be capable of making magic bands activate upon check in (except APs),for bands that are shipped.

State Parks here in PA limit campsites to 5 people per site, even if your camper holds 12. You would need to reserve 3 campsites for your 12 people.
Think the bigger problem is people just don't care, it is what can I get out of it mentality.

Unfortunately Disney has to make it 10 per site based on camper capacity. Standard rooms have 2 queen beds which equal 4 people. My camper for instance sleeps 12, so in actuality I am being shorted on my capacity. It was a middle ground decision that Disney had to make I am sure based on ever expanding camper sizes.

I do see where you are coming from though. The simple fix is this: if you are not actually set up on your reserved site by midnight of first day then all benefits linked to your stay are suspended until you do setup. This would still allow for people who had an accident or breakdown to keep their benefits once they finally arrived.

As far as parking goes at campsites, the rule is 1 vehicle, Disney just needs to enforce it. When I stayed I couldn't get into my site because the second vehicle at the site across from me kept me from making my turn. Luckily a passing castmember simply went over and talked to them and the second vehicle was moved. I assume to the overflow lot as another person left the site on a golfcart and later returned with the driver.

this is one of the reasons i don't plan to go back for a while. it isn't right that people using the campground aren't able to get the sites they want - let alone a reservation.

i posted on the other thread. i had to and ya'll know why. don't care if i get a scolding. it is wrong in so many ways.

i also wrote disney about this. since it is their fault that it is affecting those that want to stay at the campground.

what really blows my mind is the fact that there is a thread all about how to do this. REALLY disboards. you yell at people for things they write but this whole 144 page thread is allowed.

let's you know where us campers stand. one of my biggest issues is seeing sites open and hearing people say that they can't get a reservation.

sorry-i'm done now. take it as you will.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter