Three things you learned on your last trip!

1. WE WILL NEVER GO DURING CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!! NEVER! Way too crowded!!

2. Paying extra for the MK view at the Grand Floridian is WAY WORTH IT!:wizard:

3.Character meals are THE WAY TO GO even if you dont have kids! ;)

1. The Atlanta airport has to be one of the most generic & non-descript places in the USA (Especially if a 2 hour layover becomes 7 hours).

2. If you pre-order park tickets, it's easier to just pick them up at the park instead of at the hotel concierge.

3. Don't use the same digital picture card for ALL of my pictures during a trip. Take 2 or 3 & swap them at the end of the day. That way, if a card gets messed up, you don't risk losing all of your pictures.

4. :) :) Splash Mountain still rocks! :) :cloud9: :yay:

On our trip in November 2007, we learned that:
1. The food quality, at a majority of the Disney restaurants, has decreased.
2. The crowds seem to be increasing more each year. Even the "slow times" of the past are busy. You need to make a touring plan before you leave home.
3. After 20+ years of visiting WDW, Epcot is still our favorite park. We can never see it all, despite giving it our best effort.

My last trip was in 2004, and these are lessons that I'm applying to my next trip (flying out on Tuesday night!!:banana: ).

1. Touring plans are not rules. They're really more like guidelines. If I run across something nifty (ex. DeVine, on the walkway between Africa and Asia at AK), I'm going to stop and admire it then, rather than rush on to the next attraction that's big enough to have a sign for fear of getting "behind schedule". See Vacation Rule #3 in my sig.

2. I'm not taking any pictures this time. Last time I lived far too much of my vacation through the lens, and those pics hardly ever get looked at. I'd rather (to continue with the DeVine example) remember the wonder I felt at coming around a bend in the path just in time to see a large amount of foliage cross the road than look at the pic I took after she'd gotten re-settled and was posing. I figure that any pics I want with characters can be handled by the photopass photographers. I know I'm kind of weird and this one won't apply to a lot of you (particularly those with kids) but I find it harder to get into an experience when I'm trying to record it.

3. Fastpasses. Use them, love them.

Elizabeth

1: It get cold in January in Florida. Seems stupid, but it gets really, really cold in January.

2: If you plan your wedding for outside in January in Florida. Be prepared to be cold.

3: Even if it is cold, a wedding in disney world is better than a wedding anywhere else!:rotfl:

1. Jan is not slow season anymore and being in WDW during MLK week is like being there peak season.

2. Five days is not enough.

3. I wanted to go back before I even left.

1. Have your next trip back planned before you go, it makes it much easier to leave...
2. Don't skip getting your Dole Whip (I wake up nights craving it)...
3. Take the time to relax everyday! Don't be "GO GO GO!!"

1. Never go without ADRs again! (this is of course if you don't want to eat burgers, chicken fingers or pizza the entire trip)

2. Always bring extra sets of clothes for the kids in our bag along with ziplock storage bags. These would have come in handy when my ds Joey was struck with a case of the "runs" mid-way through our trip and couldn't make it to the potty a few times. Also - if they get wet on a ride, we can put the wet clothes in the storage bag and change them into dry clothes for the rest of the day!

3. Never go during flu season - as we all ended up with the flu when we returned home!! Dh was running a 104 fever on the way home...it was bad!

**Have to add another: If you are staying at the Contemporary - just walk from the MK back to your resort. It is faster than waiting on the bus and if you have a sleeping child in a stroller, you don't have to disturb them to put them on the bus!**

HA - thought of something else...I also learned that NOWHERE on Disney property can you find Immodium (see #2)!

1. We enjoyed staying off-site a lot more!

2. It doesn't only rain for a few minutes and then stop. Sometimes it rains all day.

3. Paying to go to MNSSHP was worth it.

1) Don't invite relatives or anyone else that will abandon you with THEIR kids
2) Don't drive from Nevada, you should always fly, and
3) Always stay at the Polynesian, whenever possible:cloud9:

My last trip was in 2004, and these are lessons that I'm applying to my next trip (flying out on Tuesday night!!:banana: ).

1. Touring plans are not rules. They're really more like guidelines.

Elizabeth

One has to ask - are you a Pirate in hiding ?? :thumbsup2

My last trip was July 2007. I learned:

1. I will NOT let terrorists stop me from travelling. The day before I was due to leave Glasgow airport was attacked. This caused my flight to be cancelled, we left a week late. Also I learned that I will NEVER fly with Flyglobespan again because they have NO customer service and are totally incompetent when there is a problem.

2. It is quicker to walk to Epcot and MGM from the Swan than take the friendship boat. We raced it and won numerous times.

3. Go to the parks when the rain is really heavy. Walked straight onto Splash Mountain at 9pm during rain.

From our last trip (after 40+ trips)

1. People will bring sick children to the park. If you do not take your Airborne religiously, you will suffer for this. (everyone at our resort sounded like they were dying of something by halfway through our trip :(

2. The only place you can get men's tennis shoes on property is at Team Mickey at DTD, which we found out after my mother sent my elderly father on our trip in wing tips!!! *smacks forehead* After we had already bought tennis shoes for him weeks before.

3. If you miss the bus/monorail/show, don't panic there will be another one. Relax and don't try to force the fun to happen. By far the best moments were the ones that happened to us on the way to doing something else!

A bonus one: Take the time, especially if you're the mom, to try to sneak a few hours alone time to just enjoy the fruits of your labor in planning the magic for others. I spent a few precious hours just laying by the pool one morning after sending the fam onto the MK without me- and it was time that provided me with clarity of thought and reprioritizing my life that has stuck ever since! DO IT You deserve it!

Love this thread!

Great thread!

1. Staying at the Contemporary is worth every penny. You can walk to/from the hotel to MK. If you find yourself looking at massive monorail lines, there is nothing better than a nice brisk walk or slow stroll - and knowing if late at night, the little one in the stroller will be fast asleep when you arrive "at home" :thumbsup2

2. CMs are magical, and all too often are not properly thanked. Instead of waiting until you get home, take the time to ask your hotel for a piece of stationary and an envelope. Write a letter to the Exec offices BY HAND and tell them about the person or persons who made your day or stay magical. It only takes a few minutes, but is much more personal than email. Not to mention you might be surprised by the response you receive in return :wizard:

3. Never forget you are on vacation, and so is everyone else around you. Experience the magic (just watch a child meeting his or her fav character for the first time), leave the foul language or petty fights at home (it kills me to wach couples fighting at Disney or older kids swearing their heads off), and remember we all have limits. Sometimes, it's knowing when to take a break or remembering to stop and live in the moment.

1. never go to disney in august...EVER !
2. Never stay at fort wilderness (for a long list of reasons)
3. when staying for wishes, situate yourself near the exit (main street) because it's a very very longgggggggggg time before you get back to your hotel of you watch it from anywhere else and this is very bad with cranky, hungry,hot and tired kids (and adults) in tow.
4. Magical express is less than magical
5. pack light... you can get away with packing 1/2 of what you "need' if you do a load of laundry mid week. I did laundry while i lounged at the pool on afternoon...quick, easy and so much easier on the lugging of luggage.

HA - thought of something else...I also learned that NOWHERE on Disney property can you find Immodium (see #2)!

That's what we thought, but we were given some at the first aid center near the front gate at MGM (Disney Studios). All I had to do was sign a log book. Didn't even have to pay for it! :)

3. Beaches and Cream is awesome. :worship:
so with you there!

1. pools are one of the lords greatest gifts.:worship:
2. never, ever, jump rope in heelys
(my daughter learned that lesson the hard way waiting for the parade. i still giggle in guilt to this day. i mean, it is kinda funny.)
3. dont piss off the cms at its tough to be a bug. when they say move down to the end, my god do they mean it. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter