Three things you learned on your last trip!

pedigot1

Officail disney world nut, or so my wife says!
When we went in october of last year it was the first in 12 years and the first with our three children. We spent a lot of time on the disboards, allears, magical mountain, etc. doing research. We had things pretty well under control, we thought. Then we got down there and learned a lot of things we didn't know or just didn't pay attention to. So I thought that like me a lot of you learn things when you go to the world, even if you've been a thousand times before, and I would like for you to share them with me. I will start with giving you my top three things I learned at disney world:

1. it takes a lot longer to get from inside your hotel room to inside a park than I thought. Most of the time for us it was 45 minutes to an hour. we were staying at the all star resorts(part of the time cause).
2. if you want to see characters and interact with them you have to stand in line for one of the sessions. I am not complaining about this and I understand it, but I thought the characters would all be out walking around and just skipping along like in the commercials, yeah I know that was a pipe dream.
3. Calling it a vacation and treating it like one are two different animals. We tried to plan for it to be a time of leisure, but when you get there you want to see so much and do so much you end up running yourself ragged. To really enjoy it you have to know that the trip is not a once in a lifetime trip where you have to see everything and do everything, because realistically you can't.

Well there's a lot more to all that but those are my big three. What's yours?

1) The Friendships boat ride between Epcot and Disney Studios is relaxing and pleasant.
2) The Boardwalk is fun and worth a visit.
3) Taking time to stop and smell the roses is very much worth while!

September is a lot hotter than I thought it would be :rotfl:

Thats for sure! And that the crowds (which kind of annoyed us only because it was soo hot out and people felt the need to stop in the middle of the park and you about ran into them...need to go when it is cooler and less crowded) were still there in the parks but did not notice it on the ride ques. Spent a lot of time understanding how the fastpasses work...only to use them once!

The veterans that tell you to take a break in the afternoon know what they are talking about.

2. Epcot has much more to offer pre teens than I previously thought.

3. Dole whips

1. Late August heat is totally worth it for the lower crowds

2. You can have a great Disney day without ever setting foot inside a park (visiting resorts, character breakfast, Hoop Dee Doo).

3. Beaches and Cream is awesome. :worship:

From our most recent trip, I learned:

1. "Grand Gatherings" while special and fun, can add a huge amount of stress to a vacation (our first trip was me, DH and 2 DS's, last year, Mom, StepDad, sis and friend came along) As unofficial "coordinator" of the whole thing, I was under a lot of pressure.

2. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. Go early, before the crowd is huge.

3. The Adventurer's club is SO MUCH FUN! Kids can go along, but we thought it was the best excuse for a "grown up" night.

1. I learned that not all condos provide little things like extra toilet paper, salt/pepper, and Dishwasher detergent.

2. I learned that in order to ride the front car of the monorail, you can't just ask the driver. You need to ask the CM who is loading the monorail. And you can't jump off the monorail to ask him...you need to ask him while you are in line. And if you asked while in line, and the CM says it's full, and you get on one of the cars, you can't RE-ask if you see the driver's cab empty out at one of the stops.

3. I learned that even at CS places, if you mention you have a food allergy issue, the cashier person will page the chef or manager, who will then personally prepare your food to order. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1. Crowds do NOT thin out the day after New Years. Or the day after that, or the day after that ...

2. Our teens enjoyed the Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress.

3. Animal Kingdom Lodge is an amazing, massively themed resort; and a savannah view room is definitely worth the extra cost.

This wasn't from my most recent trip but a trip a couple years ago:

1. That I will never stay offsite again
2. Even though the hotel might have shuttle service to the parks not all of them have late night hours (i.e past 5 pm)
3. Never not go to the parks when it's raining because you will always find something to do there while it passes over

2. if you want to see characters and interact with them you have to stand in line for one of the sessions. I am not complaining about this and I understand it, but I thought the characters would all be out walking around and just skipping along like in the commercials, yeah I know that was a pipe dream.?

Oh but they do.

Yes, eventually, there is a line that forms, but if you take the time to walk around and see the sights that are not major attactions or ques, you see the disney details that make the magic.

Eaxmple, as you cross the bridge into adventure land, there is an area on the left. Peter Pan frequently pops out from the bushes, and does his trademark call. He will kneal down and spend 1 on 1 time with those who find him.

Back in the knooks and crannies of the Epcot pavilions, you will find things like esmerelda, or the jester from hunchback in france...jasmine and aliddin in orocco.

----

What I learned my last trip...after 30+ trips....there is always something knew.

September is a lot hotter than I thought it would be :rotfl:

AMEN to that!!!

1. The Free Dining secret is out! September is too hot and too crowded.

2. Ohana is awesome. Best food we had the entire trip.

3. Fastpasses are accepted after expired time. They are never accepted before the listed time, but definetly after.

1. That the best time in the park is when it is raining. Locals stay home, most everyone else seems to be allergic to water so they leave the park, and only a few rides are ever shut down because of it.

2. That WolfGang Puck Express at DTD Marketplace has great pizza

3. That I actually like the Indian Jones show.

From our most recent trip, I learned:

1. "Grand Gatherings" while special and fun, can add a huge amount of stress to a vacation (our first trip was me, DH and 2 DS's, last year, Mom, StepDad, sis and friend came along) As unofficial "coordinator" of the whole thing, I was under a lot of pressure.

2. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. Go early, before the crowd is huge.

3. The Adventurer's club is SO MUCH FUN! Kids can go along, but we thought it was the best excuse for a "grown up" night.

Ditto on the "Grand Gathering". We took both my prarents and sister and my wife's mother and sister. 10 of us in all. The problem was the different personality styles. My family is laid back and like to meander, My wife's family likes to kill and conquer. Trying to meld the two was disaster. Everyone had fun on our trip but me and my wife. I want a do over so bad with just the wife and kids.

1. Dining plan is WAY too much food for our family and table service took a lot of time out of our touring day. We're just too impatient.

2. Backstage tours are FABULOUS!

3. I never knew how freeing going without a bag to check at the turnstiles would be. I enjoyed everything so much more by not carrying a ton of useless stuff with me.

1. Pal Mickey (for some reason i keep wanted to call him Paypal Mickey!) is worth the price.
2. AllStar Sports resort during value season is not that bad and worth the savings considering how little time spent at resort. Sports is first to pick up and first to drop off for park busses.
3. Nemo show was wonderful and a must-see but standing-room only is not easy with little kids--ARRIVE EARLY!

1. That we LOVE Disney World! (was our first trip)
2. That we WILL be going back (just not soon enough)
3. That learning and planning makes ALL the difference!! Our trip was absolutely magical!! (Thanks DIS and UG!)

OH, boy--where do I start? Been there twice now and EvErY DaY is a learning experience :)

What I learned in 2005:
1. We were the only fam in the Honey I Shrank the Audience Fast Pass line. That's one place that doesn't need FP...
2. Just about when you give up looking for the It's Tough to be a Bug entrance, BOING! you're there.
3. Do NOT ride the Splash Mountain ride, even though there's no lines, once the sun starts to go down in December. Brrrrrr!

1. Walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk in the September heat is not a good idea...
2. Drawing in the animation studio is really fun and you can do it multiple times by going in the back way through the store.
3. Jungle Cruise is not worth the wait, ever.

1- French Quarter is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at... even better than some deluxe resorts.
2- The chicken sandwiches at cosmic ray's in MK is STILL the best chicken sandwich I've ever had.
3- There are more crowds the 2nd week of Jan than I thought

:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter