Three things you learned on your last trip!

We gathered up all our souveniers and took them to the World Of Disney store in Downtown Disney...just have to show them the receipt that you bought them at the park and they will combine them with what you buy there and ship them home for you...Good luck

Thanks. I've had stuff I bought at WOD shipped home, but I didn't know you could take your other stuff there. :)

1. Constant applications of Purell and daily doses of EmergenC are must-do's for us. They may be placebos, but that's fine -- we didn't get sick this trip, and that's all that matters to us.

2. DIS recommendations are the best! Boma, Kona, Le Cellier, and the Adventurer's Club were all as great as advertised. The food at Sci-Fi is as lousy as you've heard. Reading lots of trip reports, dining reviews, and threads in the TPAS forum makes a big difference in your level of preparation!

3. Even in the "slow" period of early December, you need to stake those parade spots 45 minutes before showtime, or you'll wind up standing on your tiptoes behind a guy the size of Herman Munster.

And because I can't resists a fourth...

4. Take notes for your trip report -- then you can come home and relive the magic for a few more weeks, while sharing valuable info with other DISers! :thumbsup2

You have to pay. Many of the stores will ship your items home for you, but it will probably be cheaper to bring everthing to one store and ship everything at once, than paying for shipping at everystore.

If you rent a car, there is a UPS Store in Celebration that you can mail very reasonably from. The address is 52 Riley road, phone is 321-939-7678, and it's open Monday-Friday from 8-6:30, and Saturday from 10-2 (I saved their business card). The valet people told us how to get there and gave us a map. We just took everything we bought (except the breakables), bought a box and sent it home at the end of the trip. That way, we beat it home.

1. Don't ever sleep in unless you're not going to the parks. Be there at rope drop. You can do all the big attractions before 11:00 when everyone else gets there.
2. Avoid EMH parks unless you're going for early opening. If it gets too crowded then, go to a different park.
3. Don't make lots of lunch ADR's--too stressful to make for my family! (yes, we're pretty commando even after many trips).
4. Do make dinner ADR's. They can always be cancelled. Our second trip we were totally shut out of all sit-down restaurants before we knew to make reservations way, way in advance. (pre-Disboards)
5. Always have a fastpass going.
Oops! That's five. Can I blame it on this glass of wine I'm enjoying? Forgot the most important lesson--DO NOT eat outside at Pecos Bill in January. Crazy birds will knock fries right out of your hands, poop on your new shirt and DVC bag, and scare your kids. It happened to me. A bird also flew right into my head at POR. This is one of my kids' favorite memories--they were little at the time, too.

okay, another three for me.
1. One of the most overlooked rides at disney that is the fastest and intense ride ther is the ride along at richard petty driving school. it's $99 but it is well worth it. 150 miles per hour for three laps is awesome!
2. Whispering canyon is my new favorite TS at disney. The sweet cornbread could be a meal in itself.
3. The food and wine festival for lunch or dinner is expensive and not that good.

I would have to say that the things that I learned are:

1. HOT in September (it was the end too!)
2. Dare I say it --take MORE pictures
3. Make sure to have a prescription for amox for your children--it takes a full day to get a car, find a clinic or go to the hospital!!
4. Keep reading on the boards you can find
5.Stay at a closer hotel-we stayed at Caribbean Beach-it was great but a LITTLE far from MK (we went there the most)

Three things, hmmm...

1. Don't take your in-laws, no matter how sweet they seem

2. Stay as late as possible, enjoy the quiet when everyone is leaving.

3. Add the dining plan if you can afford it.

1) If you go with another family make sure to include down time away from there for a bit! It is totally needed, not matter how much you love one another:rotfl:

2) Cheap rain ponchos will smell by the second use, but if you hang them to dry overnight they last!! And the smell is not that bad:rotfl:

3) Dining plan is awesome IF you have lots of time for ADRs and room for lots of food!!

Suz

I learned that when you travel with a large party, you need to take time to yourself and do your own thing. We had a family reunion with my dad's family that is from out of state. It was my imediate families first time there but my relatives have been numerous times. My aunt insisted she had been there so many times that we needed to follow her tour plans and activities. The last 2 days we decided to do our own thing and realized that the plans she had us follow were the ones to avoid!! So, do your own thing!! Thats the lesson here kids!!

Can I play too?

Here's my three...

1. I discovered that I'm still a kid (even at 40-something)

2. Wear a hat. Sunburned scalp hurts.

3. DOLE WHIPS!!

The first thing we learned was that it is the same excited feeling, when you take your first step onto Main Street, no matter how many times you have been.:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
The second thing we learned was that as your kids get older, you move alot slower, and take in more of the detail of the entire experience.:goodvibes
And, the third thing we learned is, you already miss it before your even gone. That last glimpse over your shoulder as you make your way out. :sad1:

1. Wear sunscreen and make sure you bring extra with you.

2. Take time to enjoy the world, don't go go go.

3. Stop and take more pictures even candid ones too!

4. Utilize the dining plan.

5. Take time to walk around your resort and enjoy the scenery.

6. Try the free sodas from different countries in EPCOT.

7. Look for hidden Mickey's. It's really kinda fun.

1. As much as I love my daughter I wil never take a 9 month old baby to WDW ever again.
2. Keep my 61 year-old mom away from the "little champagne cocktails" during the epcot food and wine festival.*Though it was pretty funny and she spends money freely when she's buzzed* LOL :drinking1
3. A $10 mini-van cab ride is worth the money if I don't have take the stupid buses all the way from the all-star resorts to anywhere I want to go.

1) No matter what the cost difference is, we are never staying offsite again. Just can't get enough of all the perks that Disney offers.
2) Go during the value season because of less crowds and the amount of money you save on lodging than if you were going in June.
3) Eating at Callifornia Grill is definately worth the cost because no matter what time your ressie is, you can always go back up and watch Wishes. One of the best places to view it IMHO.

1. I learned this on the jungle cruise, "The law of the Jungle is....Don't be a Zebra"

2. Don't ever go on MLK weekend again.

3. Only go with people who love Disney as much as you do

1. It was more fun without the kid!

2. DDP was worth the money!! (there excellent food to be found)

3. Disney is not expensive.... it's freakin expensive!!! (but worth it)

Bill

1. If there are two lines, chose the one to the left. Most people go to the right. Not sure how this works, but it's some psycological thing I read about.

2. If you want to video tape a show or parade, try to be as isolated as possible, or you may get some annoying people talking about a sister from home and the relationship she is having, blah,blah,blah in the background on your recording.

3. Use fastpasses whenever you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter