Three things you learned on your last trip!

4. explain to your kids before you go that not everyone likes to smell clean, its better to explain it than have them whisper while waiting in line "why does that man stink?"
:cutie:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is a great tip!! I never thought about it, but much better to address it before you sweet little imp blurts it out. :rotfl2:

:dance3:

1) Don't go to Disney with your best friends on their first trip. Even though you talked them threw what was going to happen and you plan the trip 3-4 month early. They get there and want to run it themselves and make you wait in a 20 minute line for PotC when you tell them right after the parade it will only be 5.
2) When going with a group be prepared to split up. I wish my friend's BF understood this one. Everytime we wanted to go away in groups. He would say it's our vacation why come together if we're going to split up. (yet let his GF go ride something alone, but made us all wait for her when my BF and I were running late for something) He also let her join us later in the day, and made us wait for her to do stuff. We wanted breakfast, well we missed it because she didn't join us until 11. 3 of us had FPs and he wanted BF or I to give her one of ours because she's never gotten to ride it. (We said he could give his up, and there's the single rider line)
3) Take picutes of what it is you want to buy. Then think about it. You'll save some money. (maybe)

1. A fanny pack is a wonderful thing. I went with my DBF last March, and the night before our first park day, we bought 5 dollar mickey and minnie fanny packs at WalMart. (Yes, DBF is a very good sport). I know from shopping experience that after a few hours of walking around, a not-so-heavy purse can feel like it's pulling your shoulders and neck to the ground.

2. Don't be afraid to look silly. (I guess this ties in with #1). DBF and I decided to take photos of us jumping in front of landmarks across all the parks instead of the standard "stand there and smile" pose (in our personalized mouse ears, no less.) It's Disney World- if you can't be silly there, where can you be silly? Got lots of compliments from friends and family on our "jumping" album. (would post pics but don't have enough posts under my belt yet.)

3. At the park-formerly-known-as-MGM, see the Lights!Motor!Action! stunt show even if you're a girl who is stubborn and thinks it's a "guy thing".:rolleyes1
DBF still makes fun of me for enjoying it so much after I made such a big fuss claiming it would "boring." It's also an excuse to sit down for a while. :woohoo:

We saw a couple doing the jump thing when we were there last Nov/Dec. We kept running in to them around the World Showcase. :rotfl: What a fun idea! Was it you two?? :confused3

1) If you are a morning person do not believe non morning people in your group who say they will be able to get up early on vacation. In fact just don't travel with them.

2) Do not go to AK on an early entry day, especially when you do not get there anywhere near early entry time due to the above mentioned non morning people!

3) New attractions can be just as fun as the old ones!

Ok, here are a few things that I've learned over the past 4 years and 5 trips....

1. I can be reduced to tears simply by hearing the Illuminations soundtrack.

2. Kindness goes a long way...DH and I were in the Canada pavilion during our honeymoon waiting for the film to start and the CM working the preshow asked the entire audience how we were doing. DH said "Fine, and yourself?".....you would have thought that he had given her the moon. She actually stopped her spiel for a second and thanked him for asking. She said that no one ever asked her how she was. :sad2:

3. Just being at Disney makes everything seem right with the world. When there with DH, I'm reminded how thankful I am for my wonderful life. I can't wait to experience it again with my daughter!!!

1. Get up early. (It is better to leave earlier in the evening to get more sleep. We get more accomplished before lunch than the whole rest of the day.)

2. Have an idea but be flexable. We have an idea of the first few attractions for each day, but if we see a short line or someone comes up with a better attack, we take advantage of it.

3. World Showcase is fun for any age...even kids.

I will add mine:

1. If you have kids, make sure you take advantage of the two Kidcot programs at Epcot.
2. Stay at Shades of Green if you're eligible to do so.

3. Don't skip the Innoventions plazas at Epcot--I heard nothing about these before our trip, but they were filled with fun things for the kids...they loved building their own robots to take home...for free!

I know about the masks. Is there another program??

1. Never, Never stay off site!
2. Rainy days are the best as the rain tends to chase many people indoors! Grab a poncho and away you go!
3. Don't plan everything to the hilt! Plan so that you don't miss any "must sees" but just let your vacation happen!

We saw a couple doing the jump thing when we were there last Nov/Dec. We kept running in to them around the World Showcase. :rotfl: What a fun idea! Was it you two?? :confused3

Nope, we were there in march/first day of april..They stole our idea!:yay: :yay:
When we were at the Mexico pavilion, we had to go off to the side of the building to get a shot without a bunch of people in the way, and this middle aged lady stopped and watched as we took turns jumping then asked to see the results on our digital camera's screen. She got a kick out of em.
:blush:

Nope, we were there in march/first day of april..They stole our idea!:yay: :yay:
When we were at the Mexico pavilion, we had to go off to the side of the building to get a shot without a bunch of people in the way, and this middle aged lady stopped and watched as we took turns jumping then asked to see the results on our digital camera's screen. She got a kick out of em.
:blush:

I have a bunch of different images in my head. Are you jumping up in the air like the High School Musical poster, or are you jumping off of something, or are you jumping on each other? Could you share a picture so I (we) understand better?

I love this thread!
1.) Photo pass is great to get everyone in the picture! Take a couple extra fun ones after your nice poses...they could wind up being your favorite pictures!
2.) A nap and a shower can really make your day!
3.) All the planning and replanning and numerous calls to disney and waiting on hold is completely worth it-especially after BF took my hand, looked into my eyes and thanked me for all the work I did! :hug:

(One more would be thinking once would be enough-no sooner did we get back than I started planning another trip-and really for a couple in their 20's Disney is a great value!)

1. I knew June would be HOT, but I never imagined how early and late it was hot. We left our room between 7-8 am every day and got back around 11 pm every night. I was hot even in a tank top & shorts at those times (I had figured I might need jeans and a thin long-sleeved shirt during the early morning and late night hours). Boy was I wrong!!

2. No matter how much we "intended" to go back to our cabin each day to take a break, we never found the time.

3. Don't say to yourselves early in the trip "oh, we can come back to do that later, we've still got xx days left". Even with 11 days in the parks, on the last day we were still scrambling to do all the things we put off earlier.

OK, most resent visit was Disneyland, July 4th last year but….I can play this game too can’t I?

1. Having groceries delivered rocks! We’ll do this on every vacation……
no matter where we travel to…if someone in that city offers it….
2. I like…no….LOVE staying within walking distance of a park.
3. Taking a tour during a busy time is a great way to visit a park.

1) Never go at easter as it's crazy busy, university terms meant i had to at the time, but now i've graduated i'll be able to avoid the crazy busy times.

2) Always try and stay onsite. We didn't for the first time on our last trip and it just wasn't as magical!

3) If everyone in your party wants to do different things go for it! We split up loads of times and met for meals etc, it was great.

If your in the park for 2 hrs and DD is getting cranky....LEAVE:thumbsup2

the hotel is half the fun for the kids....and mom....nice cocktail
by the pool;)

Take at least 1 day to NOT GO TO A PARK....

Put your kids in the kids club and enjoy a nice dinner.

I discovered the "people" who carry your luggage in the airport....
he just took me to the "curbside" checkin at the very CROWDED
SW terminal.....and checked in within 5 minutes:worship:
Kerri

1. Taking someone else's kid-even if it's family is too much, especially if you are used to having one kid.
2. Doing a full week at the park, then a 7night DCL with someone else's kid is even more too much.
3. Don't take anyone or meet anyone on your trip(family or friends) is too much.

Notice a trend???:thumbsup2

:lmao: That is so true!! I only have 1 son and thought taking my neice who is 2 yrs older than him would be fun. Boy was that a mistake. Driving from Texas to Orlando was a nightmare. The 2 argued the whole time. Sometimes the ideas in your head are not always good.

I got way more than 3

1. The TTA is a great way to judge the wait for Space Mountain and to stay out of the afternoon downpours

2. First Aid in the parks is great for helping you with pesky blisters. One of the nurses even gave me a handful of bandages and gauze for the rest of my trip.

3. Keep your feet dry at all times to help prevent hot spots and blisters. Bodyglide and moleskin are you new best friends in this respect as well.

4. If a hostess at a restaurant asks to move you to another table to help accomodate another party think about doing so. It could be worth your while. This happened to us at Kona and we got free drinks out of the deal.

5. Take time out during the day to relax. It is well worth it. Trust me.

6. Dole whip...nuff said

7. Frozen Coke...nuff said

8. Build Your Own Treat at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD

9. Earl of Sandwhich...nuff said

10. The World Showcase Players

If I think of more I will post them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter