Three Things...Gratitude Thread

On the walls...

Calendars (I'm very picky about which) - purely for different art each month. This year I have photos of New England.

I have an arrangement of 3 framed scenic/nature photos and a wooden "Rise & Shine" sign in one spot. I put it up a few years ago and still love it. I took the photos myself, too, which makes it more personal.

On the same, personal, note. I arranged a collection of 16 photos in a multi-frame, all of family and friends and all "story" photos rather than posed portraits. So many memories in one spot. :love:

P.S. I like your ears wall, PollyannaMom. Now you need some more!!

3 things hanging or painted on the wall:
1) Pictures of my children. I love looking at their sweet, happy faces.
2) Our dining room wall clock that my late Mother bought us that matches our dining room set.
3) The smoke and CO detectors that keep our family safe. I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned this on the DIS, but I’m a survivor of a house fire that happened 37 years ago. An inexpensive smoke detector saved me, my Mom, my younger brother and one dog.

:wave:Happy Sunday,

I also love your ears wall, PollyannaMom.

Tink-osophy, what a great idea your story frame is, I love that. Dad and I in a way are trying to do something similar through scrapbooks and Christmas ornaments.

:grouphug:LoveSpringsteen, I am so very thankful to God for your smoke and CO detectors! Great reminder to everyone to be sure that your own detectors are properly working.

I need to still find a good wall home for a suncatcher type looking Cross.

I also am calendar old fashioned. We actually have 3 wall calendars in our small apartment. One in in the kitchen, another by our computer, and a third in my room.

Definitely family photos.

Seasonal decorations.

Hung on walls

1. A wooden calendar my late FIL made. I will be honest, it's not my decorating style, but will always have a place of prominence.

2. A black and white framed aerial photo of the farm Dad grew up on in central IL. It was taken in the 60s and all the kids/grandkids have a copy. It is (was) probably the most significant place on Earth for me.

3. A painting my parents bought in Japan and somehow I inherited early. I love it.

Things on walls

The yearly calendar DS makes us from the photos we take on our Disney trips

The beautiful swooshy carved wooden open centered heart that hangs on my parents' wall, a joint anniversary gift from all their children to them. Like this, without the stand and in a walnut-hued finish
bea1d0ae39b0ef539106216ed2ff5341.jpg

Traditional (i.e. not digital) wall mounted weather stations

Things on walls that I am grateful for

All family Photos
A picture of a pair of cardinals. I had given it to my grandparents. Their last name in Polish indicated that in historical Poland, the family were Falconers. We have always held birds in high regards.
My pictures of our dogs that have blessed us by their lives.

Many many WDW wall hangings!

(Fri, 6/2) - 3 things you're grateful for about June
(Okay. I was having trouble with this one for some reason, so I'm stealing answers.)
1. More daylight hours
2. Fireflies
3. I can drive by the school in the morning without having to worry about "school zone" speed limits. Ha! The normal limit is 35, "school zone" is 15, but even if I "slow down" to 25, I feel like I"m going to get run over by the cars behind me. So it's this odd fear of both getting pulled over and run over at the same time. Ha! And yes, I realize that's extremely specific.

(Sat. 6/3) - gratitude for 3 things you use or pass by every day
1. So... this isn't exactly "pass by" and it's not every day, but I often drive close to the airport for work, and sometimes I see planes that have just taken off or are just about to approach the runway, and every time I see a plane at low altitude, I'm just in awe.
2. My car
3. Can you "pass by" family, if they live with you? lol

(Sun, 6/4) - 3 things you're grateful for that are hung (or painted) on walls
1. Family photos
2. My sloth calendar I have at one of my offices
3. The photo collages I have (one at each office) of photos my brother and sister-in-law took when they went on three cross country hikes... They did the Pacific Crest Trail in 2006, the Appalachian Trail in 2008, and the Continental Divide Trail in 2010. As I'm sure you can probably imagine, they have some amazing photos.

P.S. I like your ears wall, PollyannaMom. Now you need some more!!
I actually do have a couple more now. That pic from a while just ago happened to be in my computer. Most are from WDW (or Etsy), one I actually found at Walgreens, and then some are from Great Wolfe Lodge.

:earsgirl: Obviously "the ears wall" is one of my three things.

📸 I also second photos hung on the walls. - I have several large collage frames in the "dining" (read: craft:rotfl2:) room, a few formal portraits in the living room, and even a series of WDW trip photos at the base of the stairs. (One of those has a cool mat signed by the characters, and I highly recommend those over autograph books!)

📌And I'll add bulletin boards. I have a couple of cork ones (a big one in the kitchen with misc. stuff, a small one in the hall with masks) and a diamond-shaped magnetic one by the TV in the family room - with channel listings, movies I want to see, etc.

🍹Bonus 4th entry, because someone mentioned clocks - a sign that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

Wall Things:
1. DH and I have a very large framed wedding photo of us. I originally bought it for a two story stairwell in our first home. We now live in a ranch and there wasn’t a great place for it so it hangs at the end of the hallway. A bit large for there but I love the photo.
2. I used to do a lot of cross-stitching and I have some of those matted and framed.
3. A collage photo DH had made for me. It’s one of those where the big picture is made up of tiny pictures. The big picture is our girls and it is made up of tiny vacation photos (many Disney) of mostly our girls.

Sun, 6/4 - 3 things you're grateful for that are hung (or painted) on walls:
- the paper calendar that keeps our family organized. I've been using the same style for years. It's decorated with flowers and really lovely. I gift it to myself each Christmas ;)
- the wall hook to the right of my oven range. It holds my favorite fry pan and 2 oven mitts. I love to cook, and having those mitts at the ready is helpful
- a picture of our home, taken in the 1890s. It's framed and hanging in the half bath. Everyone gets a kick out of it! Grateful the previous owner saved a copy and it was included in the real estate papers.

6/5 - 3 things you're grateful for when you think of balloons-

- the joy they have brought to my children over the years.
- to our family, balloons = birthdays, so a fun celebration is about to happen!
- I'm grateful they are available at our grocery store! They have a nice selection.

SLO - YOU have Jonny’s autograph ? ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ AWESOME !!!!!!!!
Yes I do and there’s an incredible story with it - my DH is THE BEST at getting autographs. I’ll take a picture and show you sometime after I get back from my trip. The poster is signed “To Sandy” so it’s totally worthless to sell, but it’s priceless to me ❤️

Balloons -
I really don’t have much here
I never did water balloons
I never got them as a kid nor did I use them for my kids as I had a cat scared to death of them and said cat lived a very very long life ❤️
I once went up in one at Disney - that was fun !
I love seeing them up in the air they are beautiful !
I’m grateful they bring joy to others ! I hope they brighten people’s day !!!

My first one is a hot-air balloon - We had tried a multiple times before to do a balloon ride (the one at Disney Springs and once here at home as well) but always had bad luck with weather. On our 2018 WDW trip, we were grateful to finally make it! -
the balloon:
DSCN3925.JPG
a picture taken from up in the balloon:
DSCN3934.JPG

My second is water balloons, and "mom memories". One year, the other neighborhood moms and I blew up a ton of water balloons on the last day of school (think, Rubbermaid totes full) and had them waiting at the bus stop. We took the kids' backpacks after they got off and just let them have at it as a great big kick-off to summer vacation. They had a blast!

Third, balloon animals (and other creations). - It's so fun to see what people can do with a simple balloon!

Balloons:

1. I'd have to agree with Hot Air Balloons - I've never been up in one, but DD1 was in one during her study abroad trip. She said it was fabulous! It's something I would definitely do if the chance ever comes up!

2. Balloon arches - I think they are such a pretty way to decorate. They've become pretty popular where I live - my youngest niece just did one for her sister's high school graduation party!

3. Pretty mylar balloons - They are an "easy" pick-me-up or congratulations to get for people and are so festive looking. I've gotten them to take to people in the hospital with just a bag of candy or something tied to hold them down until they can be tied to something in the room.

Balloons:
1. I am not typically someone who cares much about celebrating my birthday, but for my 30th I told DH that it would mean a lot if he made an effort for it to be special (not sure why that mattered to me as I did not feel that way about 40 or 50), but he got us a trip in a hot air balloon. We decided to wait until fall to go—we have amazing color here in Southwestern PA—and by then I was pregnant with oldest DD and I felt weird about that so we went almost a year and a half after my 30th. It was amazing.
2. Disney Springs Balloon. We did that one year. I loved the view and was happy that we did it together. Oldest DD is a little afraid of heights, but thought since it was tethered she would be okay. She was and said she was glad she did it, but probably wouldn’t do it again.
3. Balloon arches—I’ve seen some at parties and they are very impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter