• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Today's Topic (Tues. 2/1) - 3 Guilty Pleasures You're Grateful For

(Keep 'em DIS-friendly, of course!)

🌻 Special thanks to L.K. For contributing a topic via PM. - Keep those ideas coming, folks!
1. My secret horde of chocolates. I don't have them very often, only when I'm stressed or need a mental pick-me-up. I keep regular chocolate candy for everyone, but these are...a bit more expensive, and better quality. Right now, I have some Vosges-Haut Chocolat Peanut Butter Bonbons, New Mexican Pecan Caramels, Red Hawaiian Salt Carmaels, and Tart Cherry Bomba Hearts.

2. 'Top shelf' alcohol. Mixers, garnish, etc...all need to be high quality. I want the good stuff or nothing at all. No more Mad Dog 20/20 :rotfl2:

3. Cardigans/sweaters. I have very little need for them, because, hey, Florida weather, but I have 20+. Not fluffy, not itchy; super soft and cozy are my favorites.

6F9E6642-3E78-4543-8FD9-F666C20430D7.jpeg

This was my ultimate guilt pleasure.
Goofy’s candy shop in DTD made these chocolate covered Rice Krispie Treats and they were the size of a brick. This was the best thing ever!!!!!! I would buy one and literally hide from my girls and DH to eat it (not a proud mom moment - LOL!). I’d literally close myself in the bathroom, at the resort, and eat a little every day until it was gone. Holy Moly - true bliss - LOL!! They haven’t made these in many many years - now it’s the mass produced Mickey head ones. This picture was taken in 2005. I loved it so much I had to take a picture and I’m glad I did since they are a thing of the past.

I buy a lot of cut flowers, they are cheap enough where I go but plainly still an indulgence
Trash TV, love the dumpster fire that is the Housewives collection and I don't believe a single word
Bubblebum TV, love the harmless brain bubblegum of Impractical Jokers,Gilmore Girls, New Girl,The Office,Parks&Rec

1. Saturday and/or Sunday naps - we go to my inlaws most Sunday evenings for dinner and everyone is talking about everything they accomplished for the day, I'm like - yeah, I took a nap lol

2. Saturday night dinner and movies with DH. Everyone thinks we spend a fortune, but I buy discounted gift cards to save quite a bit on the costs.

3. Surfing the internet everynight while we watch tv - I know I should be getting something accomplished, but after work, I just have no motivation

I'm not able to eat Rice Krispy treats anymore (too hard and chewy) but wow does that look delectable, Slo. Enjoy one for me next time you're at WDW :) ITA, PollyannaMom, also about warm showers extra right now during cold weather! Simple joy and blessing for sure.

Ooh I used to get Reese’s Peanut Butter choc & Carmel covered apples drizzled with choc & Carmel at Goofy’s OMG awesome good !!!!! I’ve made them at home several times too but much more fun getting them at Disney where they weigh 20 pounds ha ha !!!

1. My secret horde of chocolates. I don't have them very often, only when I'm stressed or need a mental pick-me-up. I keep regular chocolate candy for everyone, but these are...a bit more expensive, and better quality. Right now, I have some Vosges-Haut Chocolat Peanut Butter Bonbons, New Mexican Pecan Caramels, Red Hawaiian Salt Carmaels, and Tart Cherry Bomba Hearts.

2. 'Top shelf' alcohol. Mixers, garnish, etc...all need to be high quality. I want the good stuff or nothing at all. No more Mad Dog 20/20 :rotfl2:

3. Cardigans/sweaters. I have very little need for them, because, hey, Florida weather, but I have 20+. Not fluffy, not itchy; super soft and cozy are my favorites.
I’m hanging with you I like the way you think !!!

I agree with Baskin Robbins Chocolate Peanut butter ice cream. No one makes a better one IMO!

My next is a dark chocolate sundae with Greaters Coconut chip ice cream. Their dark chocolate sauce puts any other topping to shame IMO!

I like any of Aunt Charlotte ‘s dark chocolate candies. The store is a NJ gem!

@L.K. I'm shocked you have guilty pleasures as sweet as you've been to me 😃

I took a short break since little did I know that the family of my friend would lean on me so much. Not complaining, just worn out.

Ok. NOW guilty pleasures!

1. Baskin Robbins peanut butter and chocolate. I just dig around for three PB!

2. Too many Netflix - Emily in Paris, Outer Banks and Paramount + Tiger King

3. Not guilty per se, but I love snail mail. I love to look at my informed delivery every day. And I love to mail others. Something satisfying about a stamp lol
#3 reminds me of an episode from a recent plane ride. Someone in the row across from me had packets of letters, tied with ribbon. I was mesmerized as I watched them undo the ribbon, open each envelope (they were gorgeous envelopes, too), read the contents inside, carefully fold the paper and return it to the envelope, proceed to the next one in the stack and, finally, tie them all back up with the ribbon. Enchanting! And increasingly rare. Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Today's Topic (Tues. 2/1) - 3 Guilty Pleasures You're Grateful For

Vampire Mickey Sourdough loaves from Boudin Bakery in Disneyland. I bring way too many of those back on my rare Halloween visits. Tear off an ear, slice it vertically, top with Brie, pop in the oven until melty and I am in heaven.

Reality competition shows. Never gave these shows a second look until I met DH. I've now surpassed his interest by a large margin.

My one visit to Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. Most indulgent meal ever. Loved every minute of it; only wish I had someone with me-someone who would have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Repeat

1. While every day is a new day, I'm thankful for each day I am able to live another.

2. My fabulous, awesome, terrific, outstanding mailman. Did I say I love him? Ours is a walking route and he is always on time, friendly, never complains, no mistakes. Just Awesome. Easy on the eyes, too, but that's NOT why I like him. Lol he prob hates me because I wrote the postmaster and he read it in a staff meeting 😅

3. Cooking a hot breakfast for the family every single day. Although thry are on egg limits now ha ha.

Happy Groundhog Day Friends :wave:

I must confess - I’m very routine, and I like many things to go the same way all the time.

#1 - I’m grateful for my wake up time Mon-Saturday, which is 5:00am (sometimes on Sundays too) My morning routine is always the same so I never run late - I always know what I’m going to do at what time.

#2 - I’m grateful for our Sunday night TV watching starting at around 5pm. I’m in my pjs early and we watch TV for 5 hours - the only day of the week we watch this much TV - I look forward to it every week.

#3 - I’m grateful for my morning coffee and social media time every morning - one of my favorite times of the day and I never miss a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter