• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

3 Things You're Grateful For That Begin with the Letter A

1. Allison. Not me so much, I mean... I'm thankful I'm alive, but I love my first name!
2. Aquariums -- We have a large(ish) salt water aquarium in the children's area of my church. Those of us who work in the nursery like to call it "The Baby Whisperer."
3. Animals

A lot of people have mentioned other A words that I'd agree with too, but those are the ones that came to mind first for me. :)

3 movies or TV shows you've been grateful for

1. Apollo 13 - it's my favorite movie, and I joke that I can quote more of that movie than anyone who didn't work on the set should probably be able to.
2. Toy Story series
3. The Princess Bride - So many quotable lines in this one.

Hip Hip Hooray - It’s December 1st Today! :dance3:
I love the month of December❤️💚

The #1 thing I’m grateful for is the Advent season. I love this period of preparation for celebrating Christ’s birth on Christmas Day, and to focus on our preparation for when Christ returns.

The #2 thing I’m grateful for is that my parents and my DH’s parents are still with us to celebrate Christmas. We ALL get together for every holiday, and when I look at our table without any empty parent seats, I am very grateful.

The #3 thing I’m grateful for is that DD19 loves to do Christmas activities with me - we bake, we watch Christmas movies and she goes out with me to look at Christmas decorations on houses (one of my favorite nights of the year - we always start off with dinner at Dairy Queen and then go out for about 3 -4 hours. We‘re already discussing on what area we are focusing on driving to this year). Now, you may ask where’s my DH with all this? He has his own Christmas baking time with DD19 and he watches some movies with us. When it comes to our evening of driving around - that’s an exclusive Mother/Daughter night - no boys allowed - LOL!

1) Christmastime as well - I love the lights and decorations, the warm & fuzzy movies, and how much nicer people are to each other. 🎄

2) my DH - He's a December baby, and I am grateful for him every day! ♥️

3) the first snow of the season (which is not happening today here, but often happens in December)

Grateful December:

The main thing for December and every month and day is celebrating Jesus and all he sacrificed for us. But, these are the other things I appreciate:

1. That it gets dark earlier so all of the decorations get to dazzle more and longer
2. Gingerbread houses to decorate and cookies to bake with DD
3. That our two cats leave the Christmas tree alone other than snoozing under it on the tree skirt.

Today's Topic (Thu. 12/1) - 3 Things You're Grateful for about December

1. The entire holiday season--which for us begins today. Dec 1'st. All holiday lights inside and out get turned on today. Already set the timers.
2. I would have said the first snow, but unfortunately we , we already had that
3. The opportunity to send and receive Christmas cards, the old fashioned way, through the mail. And to write and read personal messages in each one.

I’m thankful for both the religious and secular celebrations.

As an educator, I’m thankful for learning about other cultures, their holidays, and their different ways of celebrating holidays.

I am thankful for this magical time of year.

Today's Topic (Thu. 12/1) - 3 Things You're Grateful for about December
1. DH's birthday is this month.
2. the weather is much cooler in Florida!
3. The shows on tv! all the Christmas movies, like Miracle on 34th St, Elf, etc...and all the shows like the old Rankin & Bass shows (The Year Without a Santa Claus is hands down my favorite, but I like all the old ones, like Frosty, The Little Drummer Boy, etc), Prep & Landing, and so many others.

Well, not December specific but happened today - my DD got her first 2 college acceptance letters (Ole Miss and Miss. State) and her high school flag football team won to advance to the state final four. My third is she was a beast tonight and played one heck of a game 😍😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter