Three Things...Gratitude Thread

The Trinity
Our little family, Tom, Me and Gus. I especially enjoy it at times like right now. We are watching TV. We in our favorite recliners, and Gus on his bed in the living room.
Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Sweet Peppers…my usual trio of a bountiful summer garden harvest

3 Things You're Grateful for about Fridays

1. It's Friday.
2. My brother and I usually order take out together on Fridays. We've been stuck in a rut between Pickleman's and Bread Co (Panara to most of you) since COVID, but it's still fun.
3. Usually a quiet day at work, with only a few of us in the office.

3 Things You're Grateful for ... that come in threes

1. The Trinity (stealing this answer)
2. Faith, Hope, Love
3. Usually the worship team on Sundays is three singers, and I enjoy being part of the worship team, so can I go with that? lol

1) The inspiration for today's topic - DS surprised us with a visit last night! He was home for a friend's birthday, but kept it a secret until he got here and absolutely made my day 😃😃😃

2) A similar surprise DH and I once pulled off for my parents.

3) When the kids I was tutoring surprised me with decorations and a cake for my 50th birthday.

Last edited:
Today's Topic (Sun. 12/4) - 3 Surprises You've Been Grateful For
1. DD#2 being a girl. When the tech did the ultrasounds, they told us she was a boy. What a surprise when I had her and the doc went "congrats, it's a girl!" 😯

2. DH has bought me one piece of jewelry in the years we've been together...a diamond necklace. It's shaped like an exclamation point, with diamond chips along the straight part and a small diamond for the dot. He gave it to me for a Christmas gift, and said "it's the way I feel every time I look at you" and I just cried and cried. I'm pretty sure he meant the good kind of !! and not the bad, hahaha. (I like sparklies, as DD#2 called jewelry a long time ago, and the name stuck, but I have some metal allergies, which means expensive stuff, and I don't wear stuff very often...plus, money has been up and down and we've chosen to spend money on other things. I have an amazing gaming computer set up, though!!!! :rotfl2: )

3. The fact I'm still learning stuff about my DH, even after 30 years together! It's always a surprise to discover things that I never knew about him.

1) The inspiration for today topic - DS surprised us with a visit last night! He was home for a friend's birthday, but kept it a secret until he got here and absolutely made my day 😃😃😃

2) A similar surprise DH and I once pulled off for my parents.

3) When the kids I was tutoring surprised me with decorations and a cake for my 50th birthday.
How wonderful - I bet you were so elated about this ❤️

Three surprises -

1. When my mom, sister, and I flew from the Philippines to NC on military planes to see my grandparents. They had no clue we were coming! BTW, boxed lunches of cold fried chicken and snickers provided by the Air Force are the best in the back of a C-130 :love:

2. When I found out I was pregnant after 14 years.

3. When during the Million Dreams at WDW, everyone in my Test Track group got passes for evening hours .

Good Sunday morning everyone! :wave:

Surprises are so fun!

#1 - So grateful for my surprise 50th birthday present from my DH - a vacation to WDW for the 50th Anniversary Celebration November 2021 - one of the best trips EVER! It was our first time back to WDW since 2012.

#2 - So grateful for my surprise Christmas present in 2014 from my DH - a vacation to Las Vegas in June 2015 for our 20th Anniversary. It was our first time going there and we had a great time.

#3 - So grateful for my surprise gift of my sweet Sophie dog (RIP) in 2008 from my DH. Truth be told, I wasn’t happy about this surprise back then, but my little Sophie melted my heart very fast and I went from not being very thrilled about DH surprising me with a puppy to never wanting to let her go. She was my baby and my shadow for 14 wonderful years.

When I got pregnant with DD - even my Dr was surprised - truly blessed

That I’m not paralyzed - when I woke up from surgery - so much pain - but I wiggled everything to make sure it still worked - thankful it did - then laid there like the dead and didn’t move at all because it all hurt so bad
Still blessed it’s still working considering how messed up it is

Not sure how to word this but I’m grateful for God showing me who my true friends are - it was a surprise to find it out and I’m very grateful - yes it was painful for a couple but in the long run I’m grateful to know this

3 Surprises You've Been Grateful For

1 How God brought my dog Champ (he's now an angel dog of the Lord) into my life a few days after my 14th birthday.

2 How much I truly don't miss pre pandemic craziness of running around all the time. I keep in prayer, God-willing one day being able to safely go out again. I never again will take being able to do so for granted and absolutely will stick to planning for shopping as we do now in advance to limit trips out.

3 All the many kind friends and angels God has blessed me with at exactly when He knew we most needed to meet.

Attachments

• Champ.jpg
    Champ.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
Today's Topic (Sun. 12/4) - 3 Surprises You've Been Grateful For

1. My ex's proposal. The ring box was wrapped in at least 20 boxes until the thing was the size of a television (and they were huge in those days), lol-Took me forever to get to the small box at the bottom!
2. On our 25'th anniversary, my oldest, who lived in CA, flew home to surprise us. He stayed at our in laws house until the dinner party. I was more than surprised
3. My youngest getting a full scholarship to Berklee College of Music in Boston.

My DSis and a good friend really surprised me for my 50th birthday. They contacted so many friends who did show up for dinner and a show!

I knew my DSis and another friend contacted our friends when DH and I were going to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Our family and friends really surprised us by the many ways they took the picture of “Flat Bobbi and Tom” with them to celebrate our anniversary with them. For instance, one cousin brought us into a FL zoo, where we were introduced to a Florida panther and her cub!

1670182865236.jpeg

Finally, Tom’s plant in Ewing NJ was closing and I quit the job I loved and went to Ohio with him. I was totally surprised and blessed by new friends and experiences that awaited me in Ohio, and in my job as adjunct professor in U C. That University actually gave adjuncts opportunities for professional growth, and the students I had there taught me as much as I did them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter