Three of those Virgin flight questions?

RobinHood's merrymen

Mouseketeer
I've seen loads of posts on these over the years but you just can't find em when you need em!
Any DISs help. :thumbsup2

1. How early can you go on VA website to check your booking?
2. Which booking Ref No do you use (it doesn't like the one I'm trying) ?
3. Anyone got a link to a website that gives you a seating plan of the planes so I can ponder which one to try and reserve? (yes I know they won't guarantee them)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

All I can say is when we went from MAN this year we tried online check in as soon as it opened 24 hours before, had to fill in a online form but would not accept anything else, DW spent 3 hours on various phone calls to customer services!:confused3 in the end gave up. At airport we were 2nd in the queue assistant told us to use kiosks but no luck with these either, he had to call someone to ask for 3 seats :scared1:Once allocated hand processed by him. Try if you want and the best of luck. It seems that a lot of seats are taken and booked by travel agents I could be wrong. Try V flyer for seat maps

You can generally(!) access your booking from 330 days after your return flight - assuming they are loaded.

You can use your Virgin Holidays booking reference it will just take you an extra step to retrieve the booking.

Have a look at either V-Flyer or Seat Guru for seat maps - you want to look at the configs that have all PE upstairs as these are the LGW/MAN planes.

If you have booked a package via Virgin Holidays you will need to contact them for a 'flight locator number'
They have these 11 months in advance of your return flight and at this point you can also retrieve your booking a choose a seat by clicking the 'Where Am I Sitting' button

If you booked with Disney UK you can call them 11 calendare months prior to your return date and they will provide you with a Virgin reference, assuming Virgin have released it to them at this point. This should be the case for most TA's but with Thomas Cook for our last trip in April they told us the above, then every month when I went to check they told me "one more month" until we were 6 weeks out and they told me that they can no longer get this no. (????) I later discovered that the latter is not true so depending who you book with, be persistent.

To get the locator number you just ring Virgin up and they will give you the number provided it is within that 330 days. We have done this when booking through TCS. As already mentioned you can request seats 330 days before your flight, fill in API and input your Virgin frequent flyer number, you can also request special meals.

Many seats are already allocated to travel agents but you can still usually find seats as long as it is advance. If all the early seats have gone (Virgin release them in two blocks) you will find that option isn't available when you log on. You may then be able to request seats 24 hours before your flight when you can check in online.

If you cannot access online check in just get to the airport early, check in at Manchester opens at 6 am. We have never had a problem getting seats together when not being able to request them prior to a flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter