Thoughts on our upcoming dining plans - please share yours.

We are a group of 6 going in late Feb early March. The 5 in my immediate family have been 16 times my daughter recently married and this is her husbands first trip. All the reservations were easy to get this trip.
We have 7 days and are celebrating about 10 things

Arrival day (all meals are all 6 of us except where noted)

4 of us at 50’s
2 of us at Brown Derby

Day 2
Norway lunch

Day 3
Dinner at Raglan Road

Day 4
Earliest breakfast at Trattoria
8pm dinner at Yacht Club ( our 25th anniversary)

Day 5
‘Ohana dinner

Day 6 (daughters birthday)
Daughter and husband Yak and Yeti lunch
The rest of us Tusker House Breakfast

Dinner at Be Our Guest

Day 7
Lunch at Sci Fi
Dinner depends on what time our flights home are.

Via Napoli - my husband just loves their pizza and this is a must do for him. - While others love it here, for my family we found it just so so, especially with service. Tutto next door has really good food, and service is spot on.

San Angel Inn - more for the atmosphere than the food. - You will have dinner in Mexico twice... I would pick one or the other and try something new.

Be Our Guest for breakfast. Many say it is better for lunch but my husband is a picky eater. We ate there for dinner the last time and loved the atmosphere but the food not so much. With the new dinner menu you might want to take another look, breakfast at crystal palace is a favorite of ours.

T-Rex - another request from my husband. We love T-REX, we just took our 3 years grandson on Saturday night... So fun...( are you a Landry's member's we have been for a long time check it out)

La Hacienda de San Angel - loved it last time but the noise level was deafening - hopefully, they have addressed this issue. Nope, still loud...

Chef de France - We just had dinner here a couple of weeks ago... Very good, with meal choices and service is always great.

Moritomo Asia - We enjoy eating here, but it can get expensive quickly. We found a solution we started sharing a couple of small plates.

Hoop de Doo Musical Review - really enjoyed it last time - We did it once and for us it was enough, so many other options to check out.

Kona Cafe for breakfast before heading back to reality. This is a breakfast favorite, solid choice.

What are yours? Thoughts on Tables in Wonderland? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We go back and forth on Tables in Wonderland, right now we don't have it. It's just to 2 of us, but when the kids where at home yes it was a big help. Or when we know we are going to have lots of guest that want to visit.

We are AP holders, and if we go for a long weekend or just for date night, we try to hit a favorite, and then somewhere new.

We are going in October party of 2. We are on the DDP the first three days and the DxDDP the last 6 days. We actually have 4 different dining plans due to lots of split stays. Our dining plans as of now: (Seem to change daily)

Day 1 - Turf Club (arrival day staying at SSR that night) - DDP
Day 2 - BOG (Lunch) and Yak N Yeti (Dinner) - DDP
Day 3 - Woodys Lunch box (Breakfast) and Olivia's Cafe (Dinner) - DDP
Day 4 - Leaving for a cruise stop at Earl of Sandwich to use last QS

Day 7 - Grand Floridian Cafe (Lunch) and Terralina Crafted Italian (Dinner) - DxDDP
Day 8 - Rainforest Cafe (Lunch) and The Wave (Dinner) - DxDDP
Day 9 - 1900 (Breakfast) and Art Smith Homecommin (Late Lunch) - DxDDP
Day 10 - Garden Grill (Breakfast) and Ohana (Dinner) - DxDDP
Day 11 - 50's Prime (Lunch) and Frozen Dessert Party - DxDDP
Day 12 - Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch) and Coral Reef (Dinner) - DxDDP

Days 10 - 12 we have a third person joining us.

Fun to see other people's plans!

We are travelling as a family (with my in-laws but they're wonderful :P) - myself, husband (early 40s) with his sister and her husband (early 30s) and our nieces (will be 4 & 5) along with my husband's parents (60s). We are doing some family dinners together as groups but also doing our own thing (if family isn't mentioned it's just me and DH). Doing a week long trip late April/early May of 2019. We are doing the DDP. We will use snack credits for breakfasts mostly, and nearly every day we come back to the hotel for an afternoon break then go out again for dinner and more park time!

:genie:= new to us

Friday (arrive mid-afternoon)
  • Dinner - :genie:Polite Pig (Disney Springs)
  • Drinks at :genie:The Edison (we love craft cocktails but need to be 'home' early for...)
Saturday
  • Breakfast - :genie:Akershus (whole family - princesses with the nieces!)
  • Lunch - Yorkshire Fish & Chips (we visit England often and it really doesn't compare, but need our fix!)
  • Dinner - 'Ohana
  • Drinks at :genie:Trader Sam's
Sunday
  • Breakfast - sleep in! (see drinks at Trader Sam's!)
  • Lunch - Be Our Guest (whole family - it might be crazy busy and if so DH and I will jam and go to Columbia Harbour House and meet up with them later - there's nothing I'd rather NOT do on a Disney vacation than wait for a table at a Quick Service restaurant!)
  • Dinner - :genie:Flying Fish
  • Drinks somewhere at Boardwalk
Monday
  • Breakfast - Port Orleans Food Court
  • Lunch/Dinner - heading to Universal for the day
Tuesday
  • Breakfast - sleep in a bit (see 12 hours at Universal lol)
  • Lunch - :genie:8 Spoon Cafe
  • Dinner - Flame Tree BBQ / River Of Light
  • No drinks tonight, gotta be in shape for.....
Wednesday
  • Breakfast - :genie:Crystal Palace (whole family - Pooh with the nieces!)
  • Lunch - :genie:D-Luxe Burger
  • Dinner - :genie:Tomorrowland Dessert Party (yeah, we're having dessert for dinner, deal with it)
  • EMH at MK hopefully!
Thursday
  • Breakfast - sleep in, see EMH!
  • Lunch - :genie:Blaze Pizza
  • Dinner - Le Cellier (with family)
  • Drinks at World Showcase (but not drinking around the entire world showcase - we did that two trips ago with "Pal Mickey" and about died) / illumiNations
Friday
  • Breakfast - doze around (world showcase drinks can do that to you)
  • Lunch - :genie:Baseline Taphouse (not on the DDP but we will pay OOP, just looking for an appy and some craft beers)
  • Dinner - Via Napoli (our fave!)
  • Drinks at Port Orleans bar/pool
… the next day we will enjoy a quick service breakfast at the resort, leaving for a cruise that afternoon :)

Last edited:

Traveling as a party of six (me, my boyfriend, and my mom, step-dad and siblings) to WDW for Christmas this year! It's a re-do trip, as our last WDW Christmas trip two years ago was...a bit of a disaster. I'm super excited! Honestly, the table service meals are one of the things I always look forward to the most. We also got free dining and it'll be our first time using the dining plan, so I'm eager to see how it'll go!

12/24 - EPCOT
  • Teppan Edo (lunch) - My boyfriend insisted we try this; he and I have been to Japan a few times and he's especially dying to try it.
  • San Angel Inn (dinner) - I've heard mixed reviews on the food, but I really want to experience the aesthetic and atmosphere!

12/25 - CHRISTMAS
  • Boma (breakfast) - Another boyfriend must; he mainly wanted to go for the Jungle Juice.
  • Kona Cafe (dinner) - My boyfriend and I's absolute favorite WDW restaurant!

12/26 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
  • Tiffins (lunch) - RoL viewing.

12/27 - MAGIC KINGDOM
  • Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast) - Been dying to try it, mainly just for the overall experience!
  • Skipper Canteen (lunch) - Actually just recently booked this one after reading so many excellent reviews and recommendations.

12/28 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
  • Mama Melrose (lunch) - Fantasmic! viewing and a third boyfriend must; he seems to be ruling the dining decision this trip...

12/29 - DEPART
  • Ohana (breakfast) - We have an evening flight home so I wanted one last special meal to end the trip on!

Everyone has great dining plans. I would love to see reviews afterwards. One change to our dining plan - my husband does not care for Japanese and is allergic to shellfish. I wanted to get an ADR for Tutto Italia but there were no dinner reservation spots for the time we are going. Therefore, I changed our reservation for Morimoto Asia to Tutto Italian - a 2:30 late lunch reservation.

L
We are a group of 6 going in late Feb early March. The 5 in my immediate family have been 16 times my daughter recently married and this is her husbands first trip. All the reservations were easy to get this trip.
We have 7 days and are celebrating about 10 things

Arrival day (all meals are all 6 of us except where noted)

4 of us at 50’s
2 of us at Brown Derby

Day 2
Norway lunch

Day 3
Dinner at Raglan Road

Day 4
Earliest breakfast at Trattoria
8pm dinner at Yacht Club ( our 25th anniversary)

Day 5
‘Ohana dinner

Day 6 (daughters birthday)
Daughter and husband Yak and Yeti lunch
The rest of us Tusker House Breakfast

Dinner at Be Our Guest

Day 7
Lunch at Sci Fi
Dinner depends on what time our flights home are.

Love Sci Fi for the atmosphere - the kids are going to love it there.

W
Fun to see other people's plans!

We are travelling as a family (with my in-laws but they're wonderful :P) - myself, husband (early 40s) with his sister and her husband (early 30s) and our nieces (will be 4 & 5) along with my husband's parents (60s). We are doing some family dinners together as groups but also doing our own thing (if family isn't mentioned it's just me and DH). Doing a week long trip late April/early May of 2019. We are doing the DDP. We will use snack credits for breakfasts mostly, and nearly every day we come back to the hotel for an afternoon break then go out again for dinner and more park time!

:genie:= new to us

Friday (arrive mid-afternoon)
  • Dinner - :genie:Polite Pig (Disney Springs)
  • Drinks at :genie:The Edison (we love craft cocktails but need to be 'home' early for...)
Saturday
  • Breakfast - :genie:Akershus (whole family - princesses with the nieces!)
  • Lunch - Yorkshire Fish & Chips (we visit England often and it really doesn't compare, but need our fix!)
  • Dinner - 'Ohana
  • Drinks at :genie:Trader Sam's
Sunday
  • Breakfast - sleep in! (see drinks at Trader Sam's!)
  • Lunch - Be Our Guest (whole family - it might be crazy busy and if so DH and I will jam and go to Columbia Harbour House and meet up with them later - there's nothing I'd rather NOT do on a Disney vacation than wait for a table at a Quick Service restaurant!)
  • Dinner - :genie:Flying Fish
  • Drinks somewhere at Boardwalk
Monday
  • Breakfast - Port Orleans Food Court
  • Lunch/Dinner - heading to Universal for the day
Tuesday
  • Breakfast - sleep in a bit (see 12 hours at Universal lol)
  • Lunch - :genie:8 Spoon Cafe
  • Dinner - Flame Tree BBQ / River Of Light
  • No drinks tonight, gotta be in shape for.....
Wednesday
  • Breakfast - :genie:Crystal Palace (whole family - Pooh with the nieces!)
  • Lunch - :genie:D-Luxe Burger
  • Dinner - :genie:Tomorrowland Dessert Party (yeah, we're having dessert for dinner, deal with it)
  • EMH at MK hopefully!
Thursday
  • Breakfast - sleep in, see EMH!
  • Lunch - :genie:Blaze Pizza
  • Dinner - Le Cellier (with family)
  • Drinks at World Showcase (but not drinking around the entire world showcase - we did that two trips ago with "Pal Mickey" and about died) / illumiNations
Friday
  • Breakfast - doze around (world showcase drinks can do that to you)
  • Lunch - :genie:Baseline Taphouse (not on the DDP but we will pay OOP, just looking for an appy and some craft beers)
  • Dinner - Via Napoli (our fave!)
  • Drinks at Port Orleans bar/pool
… the next day we will enjoy a quick service breakfast at the resort, leaving for a cruise that afternoon :)

Would love to get your opinion on D-Luxe Burger. We loved Via Napoli and Flame Tree BBQ - enjoy!

Okay, I'll share! WE are there for 8 nights in DEcember and so far this is what I have in place for the 7 of us. WE have a few splitting off on one night so I have two booked.

Kona Cafe for arrival night, and the rest are just random, I cannot remember our park detail.

Garden Grill PPO
Coral Reef: dinner CP dining package
BOG lunch
H&V seasonal dine
Skipper Canteen
California Grill Nieces request
Narcoossee DGD request
Tony's for the parade package
Le Cellier DSIL request
TErralina
Tratorria al Forno

I think that is it. We need to make changes though because I think we have too many dinners booked. I may cancel the Parade package if the girls have no interest in the parade. I have seen it, and am okay if we skip it, but it is on a busy week. I don't want to stand around too long, but am willing to sit and eat.

H&V is in the air as well. I want to go, however if teh rest of the family decides this extra is too much, I will cancel it.

NArcoossee and CG are teh ones we split up on. My nieces are celebrating a marraige so they want one meal alone.

You are going to love California Grill. I hope you have a late enough reservation to go out on the patio to see the fireworks. We did not care for LeCellier (we did love the atmosphere) but would give it another try in the future. Never been to BOG for lunch (not too many choices for my husband at lunch) but we are going there for breakfast on our upcoming trip. You cannot beat the atmosphere.

We are there in December, family of 4, and we have the following:

Boathouse dinner
Garden Grill PPO breakfast
Biergarten CP dinner
Beaches & Cream lunch
Sci-Fi dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Boma dinner
Boma breakfast
Yak & Yeti dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Shula’s or Sanaa for a date night - undecided

I’m on the lookout for a CRT, we’ll see if I can find one by then. My daughter just asked about it last week. Sigh.

We only have eaten at Sci-Fi and loved the atmosphere. We are going to Kona Cafe on our next trip for breakfast on the day we leave. Oh, we did go to 1900 Park Fare and loved it. Enjoy!

I am doing a solo trip in February with the dlxdp.

Yachtsman (new to me)

Cali Grill Brunch (new to me)
Monsieur Paul (new to me)

Coral Reef (new to me)
Morimoto (new to me)

Wild Africa Trek
Yak & Yeti
Brown Derby

Keys to Kingdom your (includes lunch)
Tiffins ROL (new to me)

Frontera Cocina (new to me)
Narcoosees

Kona (new to me)
California grill

The Wave (new to me)

I am very excited to try so many places for the first time.

Thoughts???

We would love to try the Yachtsman, Coral Reef, Morimoto, Frontera and the Brown Derby in the future. We loved California Grill and we are trying Kona Cafe on our upcoming trip. Please let me know what you think about the Wave - it did not get favorable reviews in the past.

First, I love Tables in Wonderland. The savings for us was significant but we do about 1 TS a day so it didn't take long for 4 adults to get the value out of it.

Our next trip:

Raglan Road Dinner at Disney Springs**
Nine Dragons Dinner at Epcot China Pavilion**
Crystal Palace Lunch at Magic Kingdom Main Street
Yak and Yeti Lunch at Animal Kingdom Asia**
Sci Fi Lunch at Hollywood Studios
'Ohana Breakfast at Polynesian Resort
Biergarten Lunch (Eat to the Beat Dining) at Epcot Germany Pavilion
Trail's End Brunch at Fort Wilderness

**Means those restaurants are new to me.

Great dining plans. We love Raglan Road (a much different experience at brunch - still excellent), Sci-Fi for the atmosphere, Yak & Yeti, and Nine Dragons. We will stop at the Germany pavillion for a beer and a pretzel but my husband is not a fan of German food.

Next trip is for Thanksgiving and our dining plans are still up in the air and dependent on Touring Plan. So far this is what it looks like:

Enzo's Sunday Supper, DS*
Chefs de France, Epcot*
Hollywood Brown Derby, HS
Flying Fish, Boardwalk
Restaurant Marrakesh, Epcot*
Tokyo Dining, Epcot

* means we have never eaten there before.

We are eating at Chefs de France for our upcoming trip.

We are a party of 5 sometimes 6 going the week between Christmas and New Years and I'm still working on our plans. At this moment we are doing:

Yak and Yeti dinner
Sanaa lunch*
Spice Road Table dinner*
Minnie's Beach Bash breakfast*
Skipper Canteen Dinner*
Fireworks after dessert party*
1900 Park Fare lunch
F! dessert package*
Crystal Palace breakfast
La Hacienda dinner*
50's PTC lunch
Cali Grill Dinner*

* is new to us, which is mostly what I aimed for this trip
Your plans sound great. We loved 1900 Park Fare, The California Grill, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. Let me know how you liked the rest of the restaurants.

We will be there for Thanksgiving. I have a few family members with food allergies so we eat mostly at TS.

11/16 - Arrival Day at POR. Lunch at either resort or MK. Dinner at Tony’s before MVMCP.
11/17 - DHS Day. Lunch at HBD. Dinner at 50’s PTC.
11/18 - Epcot/Disney Springs Day. Lunch at Coral Reef. Dinner at The Edison.
11/19 - AK Day. ROL package for breakfast at TH. Lunch at Rainforest Cafe. CS dinner.
11/20 - Epcot Day. Breakfast at Cape May. Lunch at Tutto Italia. Dinner at Le Cellier.
11/21 - MK Day. Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Lunch at LTT. Dinner at BOG.
11/22 - Open Day. Thanksgiving Dinner at Boma.
11/23 - Breakfast at WCC. Sea World Day.
11/24 - Epcot Day. CS lunch. Candlelight Processional Package dinner at Chefs.

Sounds great! It will be crowded. Have fun!

2 adults celebrating a milestone anniversary (and, literally, only the second time we have been away from our kids), so our plans are splurge-y. :)

Homecomin’
Afternoon Tea
Celebration at the Top (Savor, Sip and Sparkle)
California Grill Brunch
Yachtsman
Galactic Dessert Party
Akershus
Satuli Canteen (as part of the AK Ultimate night of adventure tour)
Jiko
Be Our Guest
Garden Grill
Monsieur Paul
Frozen dessert Party
1900 Park Fare
Jungle Skipper Canteen
HEA dessert Party
Yak n Yeti
Hollywood Brown Derby
Beaches & Cream
‘Ohana
Parisian Breakfast (f&w event)
Party for the Senses (f&w event)
Bon Voyage breakfast
And one late Disney Springs lunch tbd. Maybe Raglan Road.

ETA: Frozen dessert party and Monsieur Paul are new to us.

Happy Anniversary! We are celebrating 33 years in 3 weeks. Your plans sounds great but ambitious. We loved California Grill, BOG, 1900 Park Fare and Raglan Road.

You have some great choices, with HDDR being my favorite!

We are a party of 8 but we splitting up for a few of ours -

Day 1: Teppan Edo - 3 of us are meeting up with my best friends sisters and their kids at Epcot in the afternoon, since it is our first night and their last day before heading home
Cape May Cafe - My sister and her DH LOVE this place so they are going and bring my niece after spending time in Epcot.
Day 2: Boatwrights Dinner - Just my sister and her DH are going
Day 4: Early Morning Magic at MK for all 8 of us! We love this event and the breakfast is really great!
Garden Grill dinner - 6 of us
Day 5: Crystal Palace PPO Breakfast - Me, my BFF and her DD
Cinderellas Royal Table PPO Breakfast - My sister, her DH and DD
Grand Floridian Cafe - my Mom and stepdad
Day 6: Tusker House PPO Breakfast - all 8 of us are going and this is a new one for all of us!
Day 7: Hoop Dee Doo Revue! 2nd Show - Category 1 Seating - all 8 of us and this is our absolute favorite!
Day 8: Garden Grill PPO Breakfast - Just me, my BFF and her DD
Via Napoli Dinner - all 8 of us for our last meal on our trip

Your plans sound great! We loved the Hoop Dee Doo and are planning on going again for our visit in January.

We aren't going to be back until October 2019 but you can bet I already have most of our dining plan done lol
I may swap a few since there are a couple new restaurants scheduled to open before we get there but this is what I have so far:

Breakfast:
Kona (This will be on our anniversary, it's my husband's favorite)
Trail's End
EoS (this is our "going home day" tradition)

Lunch:
Rose & Crown
Brown Derby (I'm actually hoping to swap this one out with a food option in Star Wars Land)
Yak & Yeti
Morimoto Asia
San Angel Inn (We actually love this place, even though a lot of people don't seem to like it. We tried Hacienda this past year and hated it)
Tokyo Dining

Dinner:
California Grill (Anniversary Dinner)

I'd like to be able to snag something at Jaleo if it's open in DS by next October, but I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to get a reservation there so we'll see. 400 days to go! :rotfl2:

Here's our currently plan for February. It's our first visit. Two adults and a 7-year old boy. We do already have ADRs for everything that needs them.

Day 1, Arrival, Animal Kingdom
Lunch - Yak & Yeti
Dinner - Satu'li Canteen

Day 2, Epcot Future World
Breakfast - Boma (We're staying at AKL)
Lunch - Coral Reef
Dinner - Sanaa
(Lots of food this day)

Day 3, Epcot World Showcase
Breakfast - Trattoria al Forno character breakfast
Lunch - Spice Road Table
Dinner - Le Cellier

I'm really bummed we can't fit in any of the Disney Springs restaurants. Especially Homecomin, Raglan Road, and T-Rex. Clearly there will need to be another visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter