Thoughts on CS

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
We were a party of 4 Disney Adults and 1 infant. We had the DDP. We had a split stay and had the dining plan for the first 7 nights which equals 28 CS credits to be used.

Counter Service is just that counter service so I will not review each location we ate at. I will however mention those that stood out.

Wolfgang Puck Express @ Downtown Disney
Yes, we will go here every trip at least once on the dining plan. The husband and I both ordered a chicken plate. I ordered the barq chicken and mashed potatoes and the DH ordered the rosemary chicken and mashed potatoes. For dessert we ordered one cookie and contrary to many reports we were allowed to order a creme brulee. The plates were great and the creme brulee was very good. The total was $36+. we used 2 CS credits. By far the best quality CS service we experienced!!

Earl of Sandwich
After reading rave reviews I had to fit this in. We ended up with 3 CS credits on the last day of the plan so we decided to give it a try. The sandwiches were okay however, I found it annoying how limited you were on everything else. Most CS places allowed the bottled water. Nope, not here. Fountain soda only, thanks. No yogurt parfaits, you can choose between a cookie or brownie or chips. If we had been paying cash our total would have been $28, no way. For sandwiches, brownies, and soda x3. I'm glad we tried it but we won't be running back for seconds.

Tusker House
We used 3 CS credits here and I generally sing the praises of the Tusker House. The food was still good but seemed a little greasy this trip. Cash total $43.15

Winner of nastiest CS
Yakitori House!!! Used 3 CS credits Cash total $32.98
We ordered 2 combo plates and one tokyo sushi. This used to be a place we really enjoyed but I'm sad to say the food was barely edible. We will not return!!

The DH and I did alot of TS while our 2 teens used alot of the CS. Pecos Bills, and numerous CS at the water parks were sites the boys used with no reciepts or reviews other than "Yeah....it was alright".

For those staying at the BW or the villas which is where we stayed. The CS options are limited!!! Spoodles pizza window and some coffee stand and the Bakery are it. Not the hot dog stand or other various places on the BW because I was told Disney does not own those. Even my teens were sick of pizza from Spoodles pizza window by the end of the week. We felt so limited we probably will not chose the BW in the future when doing the dining plan. We are trying OKW in Feb and the BC in June.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

These are nice reviews. Sorry you didn't like Yakitori House, we do.

We were just at BWV too. We enjoyed the Boardwalk Bakery's sandwich choices, fruit platter, and of course all their yummy desserts for a few CS meals. Although we mostly had our CS in the parks. We also used our snack credits there for breakfast with muffins, yogurt, fruit, milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter