This is what my Aunt post on facebook.....how do you take it?

Eh... we have been predicting the end of the earth since the beginning of time. Obviously, we have yet to be right.

And I don't understand a bunch of people getting worked up about 2012. In my mind, they just ran out of stone. Besides, the end of their civilization was a LONG time ago.

2012-comic.jpg

I think I would post that cartoon on my status. So funny! :laughing:
Your Aunt probably posted from someone else's status, or is trying to process the tragedies we see unfold before our very eyes on our endless stream of news through TV and Internet. Nation has risen up against nation and horrible natural disasters have been going on for a long time. ;)

I posted the comic, thanks!

But yeah...I had someone posting stuff like that in my news feed, it gets utterly annoying sooooo it doesn't show up in my news feed anymore! Lol.

Sept 11th (NY) Jan 11th (Haiti) and March 11th (Japan)...Luke 21:10-11 Then Jesus said to his disciples : "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes', famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. 'Jesus says for behold I come quickly,' ♥* [so ask yourself r u ready?]

Not sure if I could really post that bc of it being religious so mods you can delete if so. I was just curious as to what you all thought about it. Not sure how to take it.
She is referring to the Biblical end of days.

I live in the deep south, the buckle of the bible belt, and the exact thing that your Aunt posted to her FB page, as been posted on about 1/4 of the statuses in my FB feed today.

I just saw it for the first time one one of my friends news feeds. I snarkily pointed out that the Haiti earthquake was the 12th. LOL!:rolleyes:

"are you ready" is the part that made me stop and think........what is she talking about.
You really don't know what she is talking about?

She's asking if you and all of her other FB friends have their hearts right with Jesus, so when the times comes you can go to Heaven.

This is all over facebook, just another way to make the nervous people more nervous lol.

She's asking you if you are ready for the end. We will all die, whether it be accident, sickness or old age and according to the Bible, there will be a time when the world as we know it ends. When that happens (death or the end), each person will be judged on their faith to determine their eternity.

I know there are so many arguments against this, but someone showed it to me yesterday and I found it kind of ironic:
Date of September 11th - 09/11/01
Date of Japan Earthquake 03/10/11
add the dates, you get....12/21/12
Apparently it is "the day" the world will end. Now I don't believe it at all since the events were uncorrelated and 9/11 was planned to happen for a long time, while the earthquake was a natural disaster. It is just quite ironic how these two dates coincide with the conspiracies that have been formed about the end of the world.

I know there are so many arguments against this, but someone showed it to me yesterday and I found it kind of ironic:
Apparently it is "the day" the world will end. Now I don't believe it at all since the events were uncorrelated and 9/11 was planned to happen for a long time, while the earthquake was a natural disaster. It is just quite ironic how these two dates coincide with the conspiracies that have been formed about the end of the world.

wow, never realized that..........a little scary.:scared1:

Eh... we have been predicting the end of the earth since the beginning of time. Obviously, we have yet to be right.

And I don't understand a bunch of people getting worked up about 2012. In my mind, they just ran out of stone. Besides, the end of their civilization was a LONG time ago.

2012-comic.jpg

That picture is hilarious!! I've said myself that the mayans just got sick and tired of carving a calendar so they said the hell with it, lol. :rotfl:

I would ignore it. I tend to ignore status updates that are like this. I don't hide the folks who post this stuff I just stop reading.

For me I never pay attention to what people post on facebook. So many people I know see a status and copy it as there own. I see all sorts of religious or political status a day that seem to be passed around from one person to the next. Maybe it was one of those situations. Or possibly your aunt really liked it and thought you would also?

So why exactly would those two disasters, out of so many that have happened in the world, be related or especially significant? The 2004 tsunami killed, I believe, over 200,000 people -- but in the end-of-the-world equation, it doesn't factor in at all?

"are you ready" is the part that made me stop and think........what is she talking about.

Meaning is do you know jesus as your lord and savoir. Jesus will come like a theif in the night. It does not mean stocking up on anything.

Meaning is do you know jesus as your lord and savoir. Jesus will come like a theif in the night. It does not mean stocking up on anything.

THIS:thumbsup2
Those events reference that these are the "labor pains" foretold by Jesus in Matthew 24:4-14..

If you believe in the Bible, take comfort in knowing that Jesus said that NO ONE but God knows the day that will be the end. So if someone tells you a day that it will be, you can be certain that it won't be that day!;)

:rotfl:,:thumbsup2, That's what he said and heaven and earth would have to pass away if it were not true:rolleyes1

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter