This is what my Aunt post on facebook.....how do you take it?

I know there are so many arguments against this, but someone showed it to me yesterday and I found it kind of ironic:
Date of September 11th - 09/11/01
Date of Japan Earthquake 03/10/11
add the dates, you get....12/21/12
Apparently it is "the day" the world will end. Now I don't believe it at all since the events were uncorrelated and 9/11 was planned to happen for a long time, while the earthquake was a natural disaster. It is just quite ironic how these two dates coincide with the conspiracies that have been formed about the end of the world.

My dd was talking about that the other day, its got all the kids at school freaked out.

Compared to what my ds's little 7 year old friend told us, the aunt's comment is nothing. He told us that it was cool that the earthquake and tsunami happened because they deserved it for not believing in God. He said thats what his mother told him :scared1: See OP now doesn't your aunt seem a little less crazy :laughing:

So why exactly would those two disasters, out of so many that have happened in the world, be related or especially significant? The 2004 tsunami killed, I believe, over 200,000 people -- but in the end-of-the-world equation, it doesn't factor in at all?

Because it doesn't fit the equation they want it to fit!

It is so easy to look back at prophecy and say "OMG LOOK! They SAID it would happen!" when something happens. You can make just about any event fit into whatever you want it to fit. Biblical, Nostradamus, Mayan, ect... No matter what the "in" prophecy is, they will find a way to make things seem like that fit.

I'll believe the world will end when it actually does... and ignore all the people who wish to pass along fear and stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter