This is Us- Season six

No he wanted to be a chef. I believe when she went to him that one time they mentioned it.

They tried to fool us with lab guy. I too thought she ended up with him.

Yes! When the lab guys boss said "don't you have someone to go home to?" then they immediately cut to Deja. Also Deja telling Randall, "you know how he is, always working." I was not sure how the ages/timelines matched up, but I thought Deja ended up with him.

correct. His degree is in business so he knew how to run a restaurant as well as cook.
I just remembered he cooked for the family when Deja said she was graduating early?

I saw on another message board the little Jack’s red rain boots were behind Miguel , to remind us of their 10 th anniversary party?

Absolutely gutted by this episode. It was beautiful and sad and offered perfect closure closure.

For those questioning why the others went to bed, what were they supposed to do? It seems like Beth and Sophie stayed up fairly late with theirs husbands. But it sounded to me like Randall & Kevin wanted it to be just them (and hopefully Kate) at the very end. When my grandmother passed away, everybody went home except my mom, my aunt and me who stayed with her until the very end.

I saw today that This is Us has never been nominated for a writing Emmy and I just don’t understand how that is!

I don't think it was strange that they went to bed. Randall and Kevin said they wanted to stay with her till the end. The family respected that. Plus, usually it is the ones closest to the person who stays round the clock. Since Kate was traveling and Miguel was dead, it made sense for Kevin and Randall to stay with her. Just having all the spouses, grandkids, ex husband, ex wife, etc. being there under one roof was amazing in and of itself.

I was expecting much more because of Mandy Moore's reaction to the script. While it had a few nice moments I was very underwhelmed by this episode. It felt rushed and disjointed. I was gutted last week but not a single tear last night.

A lot of people have mentioned Mandy Moore getting sick about this episode. I can't help but imagine it might be coming to grips with your own mortality. When you are young and healthy you probably don't think about it much. Would you want to think about yourself on a death bed? Yikes!!

Cried the whole time. So moving and beautiful. All of it. William has always been the character that has affected me the most. Cried as soon as I saw him. Not sure why I decided to watch this morning, before work, thought about it all day.just re-watched and loved it even more.
I appreciated the new family being introduced, and having the connections to the Pearsons. I think it's interesting to get the perspective of events from other people who are there, background characters, etc. and how other lives are being affected by the same events.
I want to go back and look at all the mementos on the train shelves. Am sure I missed several references.
Very much appreciated all of the goodbyes. Beth, Sophie, Toby , and oh, Annie. So sweet and touching. So very well written. glad Kate was there to say goodbye.

I loved it. So well done. I wish we were given more time on the train. Those were my favorite scenes. Maybe a hopeful wish that this is a pleasing way to end a life’s journey.

Mandy Moore was exquisite. William and Dr. K, perfection. Wish there was just a longer pause with Jack and Rebecca at the end.

I know some didn’t like the bed, but it was fitting for the end of this story. And Dr. K’s line of you earned a rest … queue in the waterworks.

I’ll be the Dr. Rick Don’t Be Like Your Parents lady at the movie theater clapping, bravo This Is Us. Bravo!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we actually saw that hospital scene with the Brooks dad and Jack back when the fire/Jack dying actually happened?

If so, pretty cool. I can't remember though.

I just remembered he cooked for the family when Deja said she was graduating early?

I saw on another message board the little Jack’s red rain boots were behind Miguel , to remind us of their 10 th anniversary party?
I saw the rain boots post too!

I was one of those people who was upset/confused about why Miguel got got so little time with Rebecca on the train. Someone on Reddit posted their view (below), and it did make sense to me:

I feel like a lot of people are missing the fact that all of this was going on inside Rebecca’s head, in the mind of someone with Alzheimer’s. In a way, she’s her own unreliable narrator, and her recollection of the last few years of her life is unfortunately non-existent. She’s not the late 70s-aged version of herself; she’s Rebecca at her prime. All of the people she sees actually manifest as they would have been at that time. Of course Miguel gets short shrift - he was only ever Jack’s friend in the time frame in which she sees herself. The big three appear as adults, but her flash of recognition seems more palpable when she sees them as children and young adults. William symbolizes the confusion and self-flagellation that came with keeping secrets from Randall, and in her last moments, he (and the doctor) permit her to forgive herself for her life’s mistakes. I think his was incredibly well handled. I’m not sure if people really were expecting the metaphorical “life flashing before her eyes”, because what they got was something significant and profound: a woman, at the end of her life, forgiving herself and being forgiven.

I was one of those people who was upset/confused about why Miguel got got so little time with Rebecca on the train. Someone on Reddit posted their view (below), and it did make sense to me:

I feel like a lot of people are missing the fact that all of this was going on inside Rebecca’s head, in the mind of someone with Alzheimer’s. In a way, she’s her own unreliable narrator, and her recollection of the last few years of her life is unfortunately non-existent. She’s not the late 70s-aged version of herself; she’s Rebecca at her prime. All of the people she sees actually manifest as they would have been at that time. Of course Miguel gets short shrift - he was only ever Jack’s friend in the time frame in which she sees herself. The big three appear as adults, but her flash of recognition seems more palpable when she sees them as children and young adults. William symbolizes the confusion and self-flagellation that came with keeping secrets from Randall, and in her last moments, he (and the doctor) permit her to forgive herself for her life’s mistakes. I think his was incredibly well handled. I’m not sure if people really were expecting the metaphorical “life flashing before her eyes”, because what they got was something significant and profound: a woman, at the end of her life, forgiving herself and being forgiven.
Sometimes Reddit has someone that makes you go “that’s a damn good point”

Thank you for this find

My MIL would get up in the middle of the night and start packing. She wanted to go home. She had lived in her current house for approximately 15 years. I’d have her describe “home”. It was the white farmhouse she grew up in. She wanted to sit outside and wait for her boyfriend/husband to drive up the dirt road. She was a teenager in her mind. She has the same caregivers for 5 years but wanted the strangers out of the house. She would recognize us but mix up the kids with the parents. Not sure who she thought I was but she was way nicer to me the last 10 years. I was the one who received the middle of the night phone calls when she was afraid or confused. Before her decline I was always the “other woman”...stole her son 🤣 she was non verbal and unable to write or walk due to a stroke for the last year of her life. We did our best to keep her comfortable and get her out as much as possible. I often thought of where she might be in her timeline, her thoughts and fears.

Alzheimer’s/dementia is a horrible disease. Maybe someday we will have effective treatments.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter