This is just so sad,,and makes me ask WHY would someone do this?? I don't call it 'playing'??

So what sort of an idea does it give you on how the judge will rule in this case?
Did you read the article? It's a 3-court panel of the 11th Circuit Court, not just a single judge. I'm not a avid court-watcher so I have no idea how they will vote. However, the source of the story, Courthouse News Service, specifically reports on litigation and that information is important to their readers. Here is their "About Us" page: https://www.courthousenews.com/about-us/ .

Did you read the article? It's a 3-court panel of the 11th Circuit Court, not just a single judge. I'm not a avid court-watcher so I have no idea how they will vote. However, the source of the story, Courthouse News Service, specifically reports on litigation and that information is important to their readers. Here is their "About Us" page: https://www.courthousenews.com/about-us/ .
My question is how do you expect that information to affect a decision in a case like this.

Have parents killed their children? Of course. But, find one example of parentS putting out thousands of dollars, AND getting THEIR parents involved in the conspiracy in order to kill a child.

I still think the lawyer heard about the tragedy, somehow got to the parents VERY quickly, while they were in shock, got them to sign a contract, and is pushing this.

Unless you have some kind of evidence other than "what they did AFTER the accident (and yes, I do think it was an accident, even though the grandfather is responsible) doesn't make sense", I don't think it's a valid theory. I mean, do you have ANY kind of motive?
You don't have to agree with me but just because we don't have a "motive" does not mean that it is out of the realm of possibility. And their motive could have been money. Why else do they keep pushing the lawsuit against the cruise line? Their behavior through all of this is not how most people would act. And there have been plenty of cases where people have killed loved ones on vacation. The man KNEW that window was open and he dropped her out of it. And yet the whole family is keeping to this lie that it was an accident.

You don't have to agree with me but just because we don't have a "motive" does not mean that it is out of the realm of possibility. And their motive could have been money. Why else do they keep pushing the lawsuit against the cruise line? Their behavior through all of this is not how most people would act. And there have been plenty of cases where people have killed loved ones on vacation. The man KNEW that window was open and he dropped her out of it. And yet the whole family is keeping to this lie that it was an accident.
So, out of these "plenty of cases", can you post ONE, where MULTIPLE relatives were implicated? I mean that is your argument, right? That the parentS (BOTH of them) AND Grandfather devised this plan to kill the toddler?

Is it POSSIBLE? I guess. Sort of like someone winning the Mega Millions lottery twice in a row is possible.

Is there a normal way to react when Grandpa drops your baby out an 11 story window?

Is there a normal way to react when Grandpa drops your baby out an 11 story window?
I don't think that it is normal to defend him. Would you if someone dropped your kid 11 stories? He is on video sticking his head out of the window right before he picks her up. Him lying that he didn't know is disgusting. Anyone defending him is not right in the head. And why keep trying to sue for money when they KNOW that it was his fault?

I don't think that it is normal to defend him. Would you if someone dropped your kid 11 stories? He is on video sticking his head out of the window right before he picks her up. Him lying that he didn't know is disgusting. Anyone defending him is not right in the head. And why keep trying to sue for money when they KNOW that it was his fault?
I think you're assuming the family has seen the video. I don't think so. I mean, would you watch a video KNOWING that, at the end, you're going to see your toddler fall 150(?) feet?

I think it's also easier to blame a faceless corporation rather than an individual that you know, love, and have grown up with.

We don't know what the family KNOWS. Assume this happened, not to you, but to one of your coworkers or distant family. How many of your coworkers/family could you go up to and have the conversation about what happened?

I'm not defending them. AT ALL. But I think it's pretty awful to imply that they did it on purpose for a potential payout. I just think blaming anyone other than Grandpa is their motivation. And since we have absolutely nothing else to suggest they were looking for a payout, I give them the grace of assuming it wasn't planned.

Have parents killed their children? Of course. But, find one example of parentS putting out thousands of dollars, AND getting THEIR parents involved in the conspiracy in order to kill a child.

I still think the lawyer heard about the tragedy, somehow got to the parents VERY quickly, while they were in shock, got them to sign a contract, and is pushing this.
m
Unless you have some kind of evidence other than "what they did AFTER the accident (and yes, I do think it was an accident, even though the grandfather is responsible) doesn't make sense", I don't think it's a valid theory. I mean, do you have ANY kind of motive?
Murdough?

I think we have to remember there are all kinds of people with all kinds of personalities and then you factor in their occupations and mode of operation.

These people come off TO ME after watching them speak and reading the articles as indifferent, unemotional and disconnected from the life of their child. She was property that is now a dollar figure. They very calmly spoke of the whole thing dressed up with makeup on television within weeks of the event. I seriously would still be wearing the same clothes for days, out of tears, medicated, not eating and locked in my room - and for months after. The horrific manner in which this child died at the hands of her grandfather would do me in. An interview would not be possible. And I say that as someone who keeps their emotions locked down hard, and I could not have done it. My life had been shattered. Their priority was to go on global television to get sympathy for money.

I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CHILDREN'S LIVES, especially at that age ... I left her with someone who clearly has issues in a place with lots of strangers, swimming pools etc. I said earlier here I've been on that ship, I spent a day in the loungers right in that spot. THERE IS NO WAY HE DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS OPEN AND HE HAD TO STRETCH TO GET HER OUT THAT WINDOW!! The walls are not straight, then bend outwards. Anyone who thought this was okay has something wrong with them whether malicious or mental capacity.

I absolutely think it is a ridiculous thought that the motive behind them suing is because this was the evil plot all along. Kill the child for money - on a cruise ship. As a cop and lawyer they knew there would be TONS of witnesses and cameras everywhere. There are videos that completely disproves their theory. This was not planned.

I think they are suing for multiple reasons (1) They refuse to accept they are responsible, and they are. (2) They have blame the other guy occupations so it's natural for them to blame others. (3) They see an opportunity to try to monetize their child's death. And that is the disgusting part. Knowing their family is responsible, they still want to go after the big payout. 💰💰

They've changed their tactic, now that it was legally found to be the grandfather who responsible for her death - no more question on that; accidental or not. Now it's about whether the cruise line is/was fundamentally negligent in having opening windows through which they should/could reasonably expect people to be falling/dropping babies out of. :sad2: As a cruiser who has been on this ship and ones like it many times, it irks the heck out of me that the wording of this second suit still refers to "open windows in a children's play area", which we have repeatedly proven upthread is a very false characterization.

I think we have to remember there are all kinds of people with all kinds of personalities and then you factor in their occupations and mode of operation.

These people come off TO ME after watching them speak and reading the articles as indifferent, unemotional and disconnected from the life of their child. She was property that is now a dollar figure. They very calmly spoke of the whole thing dressed up with makeup on television within weeks of the event. I seriously would still be wearing the same clothes for days, out of tears, medicated, not eating and locked in my room - and for months after. The horrific manner in which this child died at the hands of her grandfather would do me in. An interview would not be possible. And I say that as someone who keeps their emotions locked down hard, and I could not have done it. My life had been shattered. Their priority was to go on global television to get sympathy for money.

I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CHILDREN'S LIVES, especially at that age ... I left her with someone who clearly has issues in a place with lots of strangers, swimming pools etc. I said earlier here I've been on that ship, I spent a day in the loungers right in that spot. THERE IS NO WAY HE DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS OPEN AND HE HAD TO STRETCH TO GET HER OUT THAT WINDOW!! The walls are not straight, then bend outwards. Anyone who thought this was okay has something wrong with them whether malicious or mental capacity.

I absolutely think it is a ridiculous thought that the motive behind them suing is because this was the evil plot all along. Kill the child for money - on a cruise ship. As a cop and lawyer they knew there would be TONS of witnesses and cameras everywhere. There are videos that completely disproves their theory. This was not planned.

I think they are suing for multiple reasons (1) They refuse to accept they are responsible, and they are. (2) They have blame the other guy occupations so it's natural for them to blame others. (3) They see an opportunity to try to monetize their child's death. And that is the disgusting part. Knowing their family is responsible, they still want to go after the big payout. 💰💰
With all due respect; until one has actually lost a child, especially under sudden, tragic and humiliatingly public circumstances, nobody knows how they will actually act. I pray none of us here ever find out. I've been directly involved with dozens of groups of bereaved parents over the past 6 years and it's extremely unfair to have any expectation of "normal conduct".

With all due respect; until one has actually lost a child, especially under sudden, tragic and humiliatingly public circumstances, nobody knows how they will actually act. I pray none of us here ever find out. I've been directly involved with dozens of groups of bereaved parents over the past 6 years and it's extremely unfair to have any expectation of "normal conduct".
I understand what you are saying.
Still, a lot of time has passed. At this point looking for a way to respectfully honor the memory of the child might be better than these lawsuits.

Last edited:
I understand your point.
Still, looking for a way to respectfully honor the memory of the child might be better than these lawsuits.
:flower3: Some do this, for sure, quite early on and focusing on that sort of becomes their life-line. Not all though, and lingering anger at someone/something is not uncommon.

At some point I saw pictures of the granddad with the child leading up to the incident, and truly looked like normal family bonding. I don’t know much about this case other than an overview. Granddad was wrong but I can sympathize. Stupid horrible mistake at the worst cost imaginable. Don’t think as a family we’d try to pin it on the cruise line though. It’s unfortunate what happened but grandfather at fault. Most people wouldn’t be tossing babies up near windows whether they were open or not. Lacks good judgement. I don’t see how the cruise line could prevent this along with that whole category of negligent risky behaviors.

I'm not defending them. AT ALL. But I think it's pretty awful to imply that they did it on purpose for a potential payout. I just think blaming anyone other than Grandpa is their motivation. And since we have absolutely nothing else to suggest they were looking for a payout, I give them the grace of assuming it wasn't planned.
The worst part is them defending the grandpa. And unless the lawyer lied to them, because we know that he watched the video, they would know that the grandpa KNEW that the window was open and hung her out of it. That alone is reason to not support him. I have a big issue with them putting the blame on the cruise line and not the grandpa. And people kill their kids all the time without any known motivation.

The worst part is them defending the grandpa. And unless the lawyer lied to them, because we know that he watched the video, they would know that the grandpa KNEW that the window was open and hung her out of it. That alone is reason to not support him. I have a big issue with them putting the blame on the cruise line and not the grandpa. And people kill their kids all the time without any known motivation.
Yes, I fully think this lawyer, who has a reputation of "going after" cruise lines for even minor issues, lied to the family. He (the lawyer) wants to stick it to a cruise line, in addition to trying for a big payday. I'm sure he's put up tens of thousands of dollars in "investigative" fees as well as his time, and he wants to get his money back.

Well I definitely did not think this thread would be resurrected due to a new lawsuit.

🤯

People handle grief differently. I wish this on nobody. But for the life of me I will never understand the continual fight with blaming RCCL. Even if you didn’t see the video(s) (which I 100% hope they didn’t see) the grandpa pleaded guilty. He was found guilty. If you didn’t see the video, rely on someone other than your skeevy lawyer to make heads or tails of the situation.

You have to move forward. Opening up another lawsuit feels like a step backwards. And an extremely grotesque one at that. I see it as wanting a payday for Chloe. That is anything but keeping her sweet memory alive.

If it was truly about the safety, you can go about it differently not asking for a payout. Period.

As a parent, my heart still hurts for their loss. It was tragic and horrific. But my thoughts on them as people is anything but kind and empathetic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter