Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Hey Timmy, the grands just told me they have Totchos here at Sonic drive in. Not sure if you have those restaurants where you are but the kids say they have cheese, bacon and jalapenos on them....and it's a drive-through!

In This Essay I Will Write About The Dangers of ECVs
6/15/19: A Whole Day At Magic Kingdom

Today was a full day off and so I had a whole day to play and have fun. Magic Kingdom seemed to be the play that was due a visit so I went there.

I actually got up kinda early on this day. Since Magic Kingdom has two busses to get to it, usually I just look for which bus is coming sooner before leaving even if the A bus stops at the Contemporary which makes it an easier walk but I was taking the B bus today and get off at the Polynesian. The Polynesian might possibly be my favorite resort so I had no issues getting off there and monorailing over.

On my journey there, I managed to snag a few fastpasses. One was for Peter Pan's Flight, another for Haunted Mansion and yet another for Space Mountain. An actual treasure trove in my eyes.

It was smooth up until I got the touch points and my fingerprint was not registering. Luckily it wasn't too much of a hold up and they fixed me up and I walked right on in to an old home of mine. *happy sigh*

Click to watch!

After taking in all the usual sights and a daylight castle, I went into the Emporium to look around a bit. Emporium was one of my dream locations and walking around reminded me how much I'd love to pick up there. The idea of picking up was terrifying but I knew I'd have to do it. More on that later.

While looking around the Emporium, I heard the Trolley show happening and booked it out to their first stop in between the Hub Grass areas. It was quite the moment and I didn't think it could get excited.

Then wham bam into the trolley, AN ECV FULL SPEED OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

I wish I was joking but this woman just FLEW out of nowhere right into the Trolley hitting one of the performers. It literally stopped the entire show on my side as the performer and a bunch of leaders and PAC went to go talk to this woman. She had an oxygen tank too. It was too wild. There wasn't even really anyone with her. I stood watching this bewildered.

Then the craziest thing after consoling her and talking to her, THEY JUST LET HER GO OFF LOOKING JUST AS UNABLE TO OPERATE AN ECV AS SHE WAS WHEN SHE RAMMED INTO THE TROLLEY. I'm... Wow.

So yeah ever since that and many other instances when I've been grazed by an ECV, I'd really love them to be outlawed. Please and thank you. Glad you enjoyed my TED Talk.

Because of that, I went to watch Trolley further down the street to actually get a full show and to see if that performer she just missed was able to actually do the show, which he was surprisingly able to. Glad he got through that and handled it with such grace. I know I would not have been as nice, nuh-uh.

Click to watch!

After that, I decided to head deeper into the park and went off to Fantasyland to Pete's Silly Sideshow. Last time I was at Pete's, Daisy met with Minnie but they had changed that since she now met with Mickey at Town Square Theater for their 90th birthday. And guess who met with Daisy now?

PLUTO!!!

My puppy prince. My baby puppy. If you've ever read my TRs, you know how much I LOOOVVEEE Pluto and have since my first trip. And it was him in cute circus attire oh I was so excited.

Obviously when I got inside, Daisy was first and she was fabulous as always. We ended up having a whole photoshoot per usual. Daisy really feeds the gay instagram model in me too too well. Photopass got most of the photos which I didn't download so I only have one:

After Daisy, it was obviously Pluto now. We had so much fun. He even got to telling me about one of the poodles he has eyes for. My bashful little puppy awwww. We did two different poses, one to show off our ears and one to just be cute. Pluto, my sweetie indulging my instagram needs hehe

When I got my phone back from Photopass, they told me I should go meet Goofy with my Powerline shirt. I totally forgot I put that on today not gonna lie. I said I would although I wasn't sure. I'd already met Goofy before in the shirt and better yet I had even BETTER plans for the Goof for Halloween, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

When I got out of the Sideshow into the sunlight, WHEW it was HOT out. The temperature change in the time it took me to meet the characters to meeting them then finding my way out of Big Top, DAMN. That temperature shot up. But I love it. Summer is my favorite season and sweltering heat... I live for it. Most of the time. I mean... I did spend a whole day at Disneyland in almost 120 degree weather and THRIVED so... yeah I'm a weirdo.

After Sideshow, I went back to the front of the Castle to catch the Friendship Faire. In doing so, I caught the tail end of the new Mousekedance It parade which honestly looked really fun and I knew I'd have to check out in the future.

Click to watch!

Friendship Faire was Friendship Faire. It was a really weird show. Like I basically feel like I grew up with this show. When I first saw it, it was in its infancy and only had like two casts so most days I'd see the same performers and with how often I watched WHEW that's wild to see the same performers performing THAT MUCH. It also had a lot of really cool things with it that are now gone such as the original timing of the fireworks as well as the Fall version of the Friendship Faire. I didn't think it would change the normal show, but it felt off. It no longer had the nuances and fun it had when it opened. Not to mention, I made a note about Flynn and Elsa who felt the most off. I wrote that they weren't "lip syncing for their life" and that Elsa let it go way too early, which... I'll just leave it at that. The show's appeal to me already worn off on my first program but now... I knew it was something I could skip on park days.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

After the show, I could really feel the sun beating down on me and I neglected to really layer up on sunscreen which had already been an issue early on in this program so I went to Adventureland to go get some from the cart they had at the front. I quickly got them there and went on my way.

My notes are kinda funky here but I went through Tortuga Tavern and made some weird roundabout way to get to Peter Pan's Flight. I don't know why that was so. It made me emo though not to see Kaitlyn here anymore like I used to. Not only that, despite the cute queue that I completely skipped, PPF at WDW is just not even close to how wonderful Disneyland's is which doesn't even need FP or a cute queue. It's just perfect. Yes I'm looking at YOU Fake Hook.

I apparently walked near the Castle Courtyard since it was all a mess of construction like Castle Couture is now Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Sir Mickey's is now the main shop of Fantasyland. It made me sad since Castle Couture was always where I went to get pixie dusted and now I couldn't. I couldn't come regularly visit my beautiful Aurora dress. *sad sigh*

After that lamenting, I went towards New Fantasyland and went to Gaston's Tavern to get my beloved Le Fou's Brew. My old go-to. Just as delicious always. Wildly enough, someone even asked what I got.

The only negative change I'll say about the Brew is all the paper straws. They just don't work for a drink like this. Sadly I got worse news later in my program about how they changed the recipe from one of my roommates who ended up working there. Apparently they got rid of the Mango foam and just used whipped cream. I was APPALLED. Sad to say this was maybe the last time I ever got the original. Again *sad sigh*

On my way out from Gaston's, I saw the man himself walking by in his new look. In Greek chorus style let us sing, "AAAARRRRMMMSSSS!!"

I eventually found my way to my old home of Tomorrowland. I got a little emotional seeing it all. My first home as a Disney Cast Member EVER. It felt like I never left except nobody really recognized me or I was too afraid to see if they did. So much change in only 3 years time. But ugh that loop is so comforting and that sound of the PeopleMover spiel. Delightful. Always a special place in my heart.

I texted a friend at one point. Not sure who. Apparently it was unimportant since we never met up and I just sauntered over to Liberty Square where I scouted out a spot for FoF. My favorite regular thing at MK. It had been since my last day of my first CP since I'd seen it so this was so exciting. I know nothing could compare to my experiences with it during that program but I was happy to just have it in my life.

Stay tuned.

Enjoy this rando video of Liver Lips walking around Frontierland!

Click to watch!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Hey Timmy, the grands just told me they have Totchos here at Sonic drive in. Not sure if you have those restaurants where you are but the kids say they have cheese, bacon and jalapenos on them....and it's a drive-through!

That's so cool! I don't have Sonic up here in the Northeast. Never been to one actually. If I'm ever back on the other side of the country, I will definitely hit it up to get my fix.

On my journey there, I managed to snag a few fastpasses. One was for Peter Pan's Flight, another for Haunted Mansion and yet another for Space Mountain. An actual treasure trove in my eyes.
Awesome FPs to grab on your way there!!!

Then wham bam into the trolley, AN ECV FULL SPEED OUT OF NOWHERE!!!
YIKES. Scary for that performer (and the trolley!) especially! Seriously, I know there are some people who legit need ECVs, but I sure do wish you needed a license to drive one because there are plenty of people who should not!

Awesome FPs to grab on your way there!!!

I got so lucky on this day. Something really fell into place on MDX.

YIKES. Scary for that performer (and the trolley!) especially! Seriously, I know there are some people who legit need ECVs, but I sure do wish you needed a license to drive one because there are plenty of people who should not!

HONESTLY. There has to be a better way to do ECVs. I know people need them but god I've seen so many incidents and I've been hit enough times. I swear people get them just to make everyone else's lives more difficult. Disney should have a ticket system going on with them, not just the driver's license.

A Ghost Just Follows Me Everywhere

In waiting for FoF, the sky looked a bit dour. There were some big nasty clouds coming in that made me a bit nervous. However, it held off enough for the parade to pass by. Let's enjoy that, shall we?

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Just as lovely as I remember. Felt weird though not being recognized by at least one performer. I miss that.

The rain that I thought would come still held off so I snuck off through the crowd and ran to Haunted Mansion for my FastPass.

My favorite attraction was just as fantastic as usual. I did get stopped by the caretaker on the ride, but other than that smooth spooky sailing.

Click to watch!

Once I got off, I decided to mobile order from Columbia Harbour House, my favorite QS, right across the street. I went right over and within minutes I had in my hands a Lobster Roll and some Mac N Cheese. Both honestly way better than I remember.

Unfortunately, my stomach really wasn't agreeing with me so I ended up in CHH a bit longer than normal. Luckily I was fine after, but for a moment I did think I would be out of commission for the day.

Once I was done at CHH, I went off towards Fantasyland and decided to go stop by Fairytale Hall. I hopped in on Rapunzel and Tiana's line, per usual and it ended up being a very short wait. Like I walked all the way through into the portrait hall basically up to the rope. It was crazy. I have NEVER in my many times of visiting them at the Hall have a line that short. EVER. Yes, mind-blown.

Meeting them was just as wonderful as that wait. Tiana and I were talking about food and such per usual. I don't know how that jumped off, but Mint Juleps did eventually come up which made me think about Disneyland. It was a nice convo. I love Miss Tia so much.

After, it was Rapunzel who was as vibrant and bubbly as always. We talked about redesigning her dress. Looks like I was in the line-up to redesign quite a few princess dresses at this point. Better re-teach myself how to sew.

Once I got out of the Hall, feeling thoroughly regal, I decided it was time to take a break so I headed out of the Kingdom. Before totally leaving, I hung out at the Train Station just to chill and I saw some little summer vacation nuggets causing some trouble in the square.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

After that, I hopped the monorail and took it over to the Grand Floridian for some R&R in that lovely lobby.

Click to watch!

It was exactly what I needed and heck they even played "Grim Grinning Ghosts" while I was there. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. I also hadn't seen the Grand and ugh so gorgeous. I'll stay there one day. Have my Princess Diana moment, you know?

Click to watch!

Once I felt recharged I headed right back to Magic Kingdom to see what the evening would bring.

Continue Here

Last edited:
2016 Timmy Makes A Comeback

As I mentioned prior, it was back to MK after my nice reboot at the Grand. I took the monorail back since it was easiest from the lobby and on the way there I decided to order some Chili Cheese Fries from Casey's so I could have a little more snackage to get me through the night.

Once I got to MK and through the touch points and all of that, I immediately went to Casey's to go pick up my order (sorry neglected to get a photo). At Casey's, it was PACKED per usual and the hub grass area I usually eat in was already blocked off for fireworks viewing so I ended up going all the way to Cosmic's where I got to sit in the new outdoor seating area.

I say new because back in 2016, that area wasn't enclosed and was fully open to the elements. I know because that was one of our very few bussing locations for Custodial so I worked there often. There's also an A-VAC over there for Custodial. If you don't know what the A-VAC is (as in you're probably very new to Timmy TRs), it is the trash system that runs underneath the Magic Kingdom and there are spots throughout the park where you can uh... dispose. Spent a lot of time around that way back when hehe

Anyways, I loved the new design for it. Honestly I love the whole new make-over that Tomorrowland is getting. It's very retro-futuristic, almost a Jetsons feel. Tomorrowland has always been a mess in terms of aesthetic, but I still love her. I'm just ready for them to settle into something, especially with Tron and all that opening. If only they could cut out Speedway though...

Those Chili Cheese Fries really hit the spot and I thought it might be time to go enjoy something in Tomorrowland for once. I ended up at the Carousel of Progress, which is actually one of my family's favorites and I thought "Yeah, let's do it!" I mean, if you hate the Carousel of Progress, you honestly don't deserve to be on a Disney fan site. Kidding... maybe.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was so much better than I remember. So far this whole program had been a whole "Huh, that was different than I remember" or "I saw that completely differently." It was kinda cool. Three years and even my opinions on minute things had changed WOW. I also noted that it smelled a lot like Spaceship Earth which might be why I liked it more since I clearly didn't make that parallel before.

After, I also jumped on the PeopleMover and Buzz with not much to say about that. I don't know why I decided to ride Buzz since it's a ride I will always despise but I did soooo yeah, I guess I make sense?

I also managed to slide in my last FP at Space Mountain as the fireworks began. I don't know how I did it and I randomly have this note that PhilharMagic fit in here somewhere? Like how did I do this? And how was this me on the daily way back when? Yeesh.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Once I got off Space, I ran clear across the Kingdom to Frontierland to go ride Splash Mountain when the wait would be down while the fireworks were going off. There was little wait as I expected and I ended up getting SOAKED. Clear confirmation of the superiority of this Splash over Disneyland's.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I was trying to take a sleeping on-ride pic but alas it just looked like I was looking down. Ugh.

It was after park close when I got off so I slowly made my way out as Once Upon A Time was happening. I made quite the effort to beat the crowds out, which I luckily evaded and slipped out towards the Contemporary, putting my headphones in and ending the night with some Six the musical (if you have never listened to it, LOOK IT UP).

Overall a great night and it was right on back to work tomorrow so it was time to get some rest once I get home. Despite the obnoxious basketball players outside my bedroom window (the one negative of that apartment location). We'll see me back on Sunset Boulevard tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:

Then the craziest thing after consoling her and talking to her, THEY JUST LET HER GO OFF LOOKING JUST AS UNABLE TO OPERATE AN ECV AS SHE WAS WHEN SHE RAMMED INTO THE TROLLEY. I'm... Wow.
:scared1: Oh my god - that's insane!!
Daisy really feeds the gay instagram model in me too too well.
1000% agree with this. I'm convinced that the majority of Daisy's friends are short gay guys who happen to fit into her clothes... (did I do the whole character integrity thing right? :laughing:)
Lobster Roll and some Mac N Cheese.
My fav!!

:scared1: Oh my god - that's insane!!

I'm still in disbelief months after witnessing it. Luckily haven't seen anything as bad but lord did I always have fun interactions with ECVs while on the clock. :thumbsup2

1000% agree with this. I'm convinced that the majority of Daisy's friends are short gay guys who happen to fit into her clothes... (did I do the whole character integrity thing right? :laughing:)

Haha, you're on the right track. Character integrity is tricky, as long as we maintain that there will always be one of each character you're good. You'd be surprised of Daisy's close friends, most are not gay though. ;)

I would make it my go-to if it weren't the most expensive item on the menu lol

The Bad Shoe Days Continue
6/16/19: Half Day at DAK

I have to preface this on two things...

FIRST, I did have another day off before my last day of training and this was that.

SECOND, this was not a picture heavy day at all so bare with me as we get through it.

After my long day at MK the day before and still having the day off when my next day of training was going to be a pretty early morning, I slept well into the day and decided to go to DAK around noon-ish. I even had lunch before I left. Wild times (catch that?).

As I arrived at the park and got through the usual bag check and such, I realized I was gonna make it just in time for Festival of the Lion King so I basically booked it to get there in time. Lucky for me I really got there in the nick of time and was put in the Warthog section which was surprising. Usually I always time it either for Giraffe or Lion, but somehow today was a Warthog day.

I didn't have much to say about the show other than Ziwadi's riffs at the end were fantastic which means it was a show great as always. Forever one of my favorites.

After FotLK, I stumbled upon this happening in the Harambe Marketplace.

Click to watch!

They were singing and dancing their hearts out to HE LIVES IN YOU! One of my favorite songs from The Lion King. The Broadway production that is. It always makes me so happy to hear, especially since it reminds me that it did eventually end up in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Also, it being sung by an authentic African style band plus dancers... oooo, I was LIVING. I WAS LIVING FOR "HE LIVES IN YOU"!

I watched them for a bit when I noticed it really was looking like it was about to storm bad so I ducked on into the restrooms right next to where the stage was for a quick break to come back out and see THIS:

Click to watch!

It was coming down. I've seen worse but I ended up waiting in a crowd underneath that overhang outside the restroom and it just would not let up. It was gonna be awhile. Eventually I gave up and headed out as I was hoping to catch Finding Nemo since I had not seen that show since 2010 and planned on seeing how I liked it today. Unfortunately, this was not good for my shoes since DAK was basically flooded by this storm and it did not let up.

The rain did not let up when I got to the Theater in the Wild or while I was waiting in line to go in or for anything so I was YET AGAIN not having a good shoe today. Thank goodness I now had that umbrella I got the other day handy or it would've just been drenched drenched DRENCHED all over.

Eventually, we were let inside. I had an FP for Nemo, which I really didn't need but it made easy for me to grab a nice spot right upfront and close. Last time I saw this show, on my first trip EVER to Disney mind you, we were a little bit back but I wanted to be close since I grew up on what we would call "orchestra seating" so I had to be right up there. I ended up being next to quite a few kids which was annoying at first but once the show started they were fine.

I always remembered loving Crush's song "Go With The Flow" and that hadn't changed. Otherwise... I really wasn't feeling Finding Nemo. It's cool and all that we basically are getting a true Broadway level show at Disney, but it doesn't work for me. Something about it just lacks. Like it doesn't belong here. Having it be in this setting where they can't do a full production just feels so unfinished. If I want a Broadway show, I want A BROADWAY SHOW. And it's just not that. It has that level of production (I mean, Disney on Broadway has a record of having the most fantastical sets ever) on top of songs written by ONE OF MY FAVORITE BROADWAY COMPOSERS. I really should've loved this as much as all my musical theater stan friends, but I just don't care for it. I think Festival of the Lion King is a much more fulfilling experience all things considered. As far as I know, good theater doesn't fit inside of a succinct definition and it doesn't always have to be a classic proscenium style show with big sets and inventive choices. Space and location always matter and for me, I think Finding Nemo just misses the mark on those. I'll be over in Harambe here on out and that will not change.

Once I got out of the show, it was still raining but only a light misting so I was able to walk around without needing to pull out the umbrella. I wandered a bit in Dino Land and then eventually ended up at Restaurantosaurus to get some grub with my blessed Cast Member discount. Yes, we stan DAK for having all their Quick Services have the 20% HALLELOO

If you know Restaurantosaurus, you know they don't have the most exciting of food options so I obviously went with the most simple of simple and got some chicken fingers and fries with chili & cheese which came on the side. Obviously I love me some chili & cheese fries on the regular after two days of that being my main meals lol

Also, YES that is mayonnaise and honey mustard as my other sides. I LOVE mayo with fries. My sister introduced me to it not long ago and it's my favorite thing. I was never a big ketchup person so I totally supplement that overrated condiment with mayo now. Highly recommend. Overall, a nice meal after kind of a crazy start to the day.

The rain picked up a bit once I was done at Restaurantosaurus so I headed on over to Pandora and hopped in line for Flight of Passage which was at a 90 minute wait which really wasn't bad and meant I'd be going right under cover and would be dry for a good while.

Click to watch!

Obviously, that wait was very much worth it and even better, my friend Erin was the load technician. I hadn't seen her since our first program together so it was super exciting seeing her at her new location (3 years ago we both worked at Magic Kingdom). That was a nice touch.

When I got off, there was still time to spare so I went to go ride Na'vi River Journey which was lovely too. Except when I got to the best part, I came upon this:

Click to watch!

It might be hard to tell in the video but that was a SCREEN up there NOT an animatronic. The terrifying and impressive Shaman animatronic was completely gone from its spot. I never knew it could do it. I'm guessing it was regular maintenance or it had broken down too much in the recent days but it made me sad and sad for everyone riding it for the first time. That animatronic is an unreal experience seeing it for the first time and there would be some people who wouldn't be able to have that. Oh well, she obviously would return.

After NRJ, I decided it was time to head out. I quickly stopped at the Discovery Island Trading Company to get some flip flops. I was not gonna do well with the wet converse I was wearing, I had to get out of them. I had the nicest ICP ring me up and I actually caught her again when I was at the bus after I left DAK. Her name was Mara I believe so shoutout to her!

With that, I was out, headed home and ready to turn in early since I had an early morning the next time. Will Timmy pass or fail his Merchandise Cast Member Assessment? We shall find out tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Best Laid Plans Dot Dot Dot You Know The Rest
6/17/19: Assessment Day/Last Day of Training

This is another very text heavy no photos update because it was my last day of training! Yes, today was my assessment and also the day where I'd learn about stocking which they don't assess you on since for the most part, it's not difficult. Even if you don't understand all they tell you, it's not.

For that reason, I had a change of costume today into the other classic Blueberry look.

Funny story, this is actually a now retired costume. Yup, I had just made the cut off. This used to be everywhere in Studios and was the one costume I was looking forward to the most. First off, it was super cute on me (I love a good colored suspender) and I just always recall old CMs who worked in Studios merch wearing this outfit. Literally every area except maybe Boulevard (as in Hollywood) wears this. It was a rite of passage that I wore it and weirdly enough this was only one of three days that I ended up wearing it since on Sunset you only wear it if you are outdoor stock which I literally had to trade around for. They always liked me indoors.

Anyways, back on track, it's always cool looking back at that costume. Especially since the new costume that replaced it... Raja and Raven would definitely boot. Oh yes.

tumblr_p9g11nx1Ex1tlpoixo6_500.gifv

With the cute new look on, I was pumped and ready to take on the day. Little did I know how crazy the day would be out the gate.

FIRST, the bus that I planned to take to get to Studios for my last day training BROKE DOWN and so I ended up having to get in a very small van to get a sizable group of us to Studios (don't ask me how it worked). It was wild watching them configure all that. I made it one piece and on time so I was not complaining.

SECOND, once I got to Studios and over to Sunset, it was basically barren backstage. There was really nobody around when we got there. Mornings tend to be quiet as is but it didn't even look like there was anyone around to train. Blakely and I were waiting together in the stockroom and she had told me that we might not have a trainer for the day. We checked the calendar they had with our names and who our trainers would be. It had a name and it was someone we met the other day but he did not seem to be around which was weird since trainers usually are here before their trainees. We luckily managed to pull one of our coordinators that morning aside and she got it all situated for us so we wouldn't have to go home or be rescheduled or whatever. Les ended up being our trainer for the day. He unfortunately was in Strawberry gear so he had quite the workout for the day having to teach us some outdoor stuff.

To begin explaining my training day, Les as our trainer was quite the blessing. Les is actually one of the older retired cast members and he is an absolute sweetheart oh my gosh. He's also unbelievably smart and he really loves his job at Disney. His energy was just the best and he was so good in making sure that we were confident in passing our assessments before we take them, WHICH...

Long story short...

WE PASSED!

giphy.gif

Yup, we did it! Blakely did a slight better than me but it didn't matter, we both did really really well. I mean, for the most part it's pretty self-explanatory but we both were not taking any chances. I'm sure studying inside the old Animation buildings that still exist behind Studios as corporate offices helped a lot. (They always made me so nostalgic.)

After our assessment, we took a lunch break where it downpoured and then we went right back out and did our stocking training which involved a lot of moving round so it kept the blood flowing even though I was pretty exhausted. We learned how to stock both stores, where the certain zones were, how to use the smart stock phones (or not since they weren't very accurate at the time but it was cool to see how the stockrooms were organized and how the phones were supposed to keep track of stock levels) and where to find things when stocking outside since you have to deal with many pieces of merch that are just spread all across Sunset backstage which stretches far behind Rockin' all the way to behind Boulevard. We also had a leader engagement with one of our leaders, Hayley, which was a whole lot less intimidating than we originally thought it to be. We did some more stocking after that and then we hung out in the training trailer and just reviewed some things while also just talking. Again, merchandise training was pretty chill. Eventually, it was time to clock out and it was back to Vista Way. I did stop by costuming real quick to get another shirt for my Strawberry costume since mine wasn't in the best shape when I got it and then I went home.

My exhaustion really hit me on the bus ride. I was really struggling to stay awake so I passed out as soon as I got to Vista. Mid-day naps are just necessary sometimes. Later in the evening, I woke up, did my laundry and then went to Wendy's to get those special free Cast Member Frosties they would give out to us. When I got home, I watched Wreck-It Ralph 2 as it just had gotten on Netflix at the time (remember the days before DisneyPlus?) and once I finished that, I went to bed. Somehow scheduling made it so I had my next day off right after my training so it was another fun day of play but where would I go this time?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Holy Updates, Batman!! So fun to get caught up :)

It was exactly what I needed and heck they even played "Grim Grinning Ghosts" while I was there. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. I also hadn't seen the Grand and ugh so gorgeous. I'll stay there one day. Have my Princess Diana moment, you know?
I love sitting in the GF lobby, but I always feel like I'm under dressed!! My favorite time being there was when we renewed our wedding vows in 2016. We met our officiant there and sat by the Christmas tree with him, all dressed up and excited for the event that would follow. Now, the GF holds such a special place in my heart even though I've never stayed there.

Tomorrowland for once. I ended up at the Carousel of Progress, which is actually one of my family's favorites and I thought "Yeah, let's do it!" I mean, if you hate the Carousel of Progress, you honestly don't deserve to be on a Disney fan site. Kidding... maybe.
CoP is one of our absolute favorites, too! It's a must-do on every trip, usually multiple times LOL

They were singing and dancing their hearts out to HE LIVES IN YOU! One of my favorite songs from The Lion King. The Broadway production that is.
I completely agree with you on this song! It is one of my favorites, as well. I was disappointed they didn't use it in the live action Lion King. I thought it would have been PERFECT in the part where they used Beyonce's new song instead.

It might be hard to tell in the video but that was a SCREEN up there NOT an animatronic.
I have NEVER seen the actual animatronic! Both times I've ridden NRJ, I've gotten the screen!! It's like I'm not meant to see her!

Holy Updates, Batman!! So fun to get caught up :)

I'm definitely way way behind on everything with this so if I can update it as fast as possible, I WILL.

I love sitting in the GF lobby, but I always feel like I'm under dressed!! My favorite time being there was when we renewed our wedding vows in 2016. We met our officiant there and sat by the Christmas tree with him, all dressed up and excited for the event that would follow. Now, the GF holds such a special place in my heart even though I've never stayed there.

Awww, that's so sweet. What a magical way to do something like that. And yeah, it definitely is a location where you feel out of place if you've just come from one of the parks. It's so sophisticated. One day for both of us, we'll stay there. It will happen.

CoP is one of our absolute favorites, too! It's a must-do on every trip, usually multiple times LOL

I love that. I probably should've done it more than I did. I just never went to MK all that often in the end.

I completely agree with you on this song! It is one of my favorites, as well. I was disappointed they didn't use it in the live action Lion King. I thought it would have been PERFECT in the part where they used Beyonce's new song instead.

Ooooo, that's an interesting take. I'm not sure I agree but it has me thinking. Not that anything could've really saved that movie imo

I have NEVER seen the actual animatronic! Both times I've ridden NRJ, I've gotten the screen!! It's like I'm not meant to see her!

Awww, that's so sad. I really hope you get to see it. It is extraordinary technology on display. The whole ride is a showcase for some really flawless theme park effects but the Shaman... she wins. Hands down.

I went towards New Fantasyland and went to Gaston's Tavern to get my beloved Le Fou's Brew.
I love this drink too and am NOT a fan of paper straws, especially in this drink.

Once I got off, I decided to mobile order from Columbia Harbour House, my favorite QS, right across the street. I went right over and within minutes I had in my hands a Lobster Roll and some Mac N Cheese. Both honestly way better than I remember.
OMG! I love the lobster roll at CHH. Thank goodness you started feeling better.

LOVE the pics with Pluto. They turned out super cute!

Let The Rain Fall Down
6/18/19: A Day at the Monorail Parks

It was another day of sleeping in. My last day of training really wore me out. Of course, sleeping in felt right since it was pretty gloomy when I woke up. As a result, I decided to take my time getting out. I got ready, took out recycling and then had to run across Vista for a meeting with housing transportation. Don't ask about that last one.

Things got not-so-great on that last one when by the time I had left the transportation offices, it was POURING. I was dressed up in some park clothes that by the time I had gotten back to my apartment, they were not in any state to be going to a park so I switched into another outfit, took another shower and by the time that was all said and done the rain had stopped so I went out.

For some reason, I was being drawn back to Magic Kingdom so I took the B bus and went there by way of the monorail from the Polynesian resort.

When I arrived at Magic Kingdom, it was just about time for FoF but it had gotten delayed due to the rain so I managed to make it to Country Bear Jamboree and caught a bit of it as it went by. I really wanted to see CBJ though today so I ducked in there and watched it from inside the lobby waiting for the show.

Click to watch!

Once the parade had passed, they let us into Country Bear Hall.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was fun as always. I love me some Big Al and Teddi Barra. Apparently there also was a really great cast member in CBJ but I'm not sure what they did but shoutout to them!

I went from CBJ directly across to Adventureland to get a Citrus Swirl. On the way there, I was randomly stopped by a guest asking about the parade to which I said they had missed it and moved on with my life.

Oh but look who was hanging out in that Splash bypass to Adventureland!

Click to watch!

Citrus Swirl though...

I finished my Citrus Swirl on the way to Fantasyland where I decided to hop in line for The Little Mermaid. It never has a long wait and it's such a cute ride.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Also the fact it has a carbon copy (minus the great queue and facade they made at MK) over at DCA gives me so many feels.

From there, I went over to the Fairytale Hall and decided to make a stop at the other side of the Hall where Elena and Cindy had their daily tea in the Kingdom. It was fabulous spilling the tea with them.

Elena and I talked about rainbows and how a rainbow dress would be pretty cool to where. It was really fun chatting with her about that.

Cinderella and I took to a more deeper talk, talking about self-love and journeys with self. It was really sweet. Cindy has the most unexpected heartfelt moments. Love her.

When I left the Hall, I noticed that the ground had gotten pretty wet so I guess I ducked in just in time to avoid another downpour. It looked like it wasn't gonna come down again so I went around towards Tomorrowland to see if maybe I could meet Stitch in his new location but alas by the time I got there it was closed. Oh well.

I guess at this point it was time to head out. I think I had spent enough time in the Kingdom as of late, time to visit a whole other world.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Wow, lots of content. I'll start, then think then come back with more witty comments. :worship: First, no photos of the chilli cheese fries...one demerit. I had chilli cheese fries as my first ever 'meal' at WDW way back when. I think Friar's Nook??? They apparently don't have them any longer. Points for the princess meets and the food day 2. More points for looking adorable in your uniform and passing the test. Uhhhh:poop: other than the faux pas with the 1st fry situation you're way ahead on points.

Wow, lots of content. I'll start, then think then come back with more witty comments. :worship: First, no photos of the chilli cheese fries...one demerit. I had chilli cheese fries as my first ever 'meal' at WDW way back when. I think Friar's Nook??? They apparently don't have them any longer. Points for the princess meets and the food day 2. More points for looking adorable in your uniform and passing the test. Uhhhh:poop: other than the faux pas with the 1st fry situation you're way ahead on points.

I'm just trying to not let this lag too much and I don't want to still be telling y'all about the month of June when we get to May. It'll be a whole other year of this TR at that rate.

Oh there are definitely many a food pic that I missed out on. I promise there are a lot of repeats though so no need to fret too too much. Yeah, Friar's Nook doesn't have anything of interest anymore. I used to love to go there for their Pot Roast Mac N Cheese and well... IT'S LONG GONE NOW.

Aww thank you for all the points. I try my best to satisfy and I mean, we're not even a month into this TR sooo... you know I'll be racking up major points as we go along.

Sardu Hasselfrau! This Is An Awesome Mix Live Stan Trip Report
6/18/19: A Day at the Monorail Parks

I said goodbye to Magic Kingdom for the day and hopped on a monorail. My heart was being pulled to Epcot today.

Click to watch!

I had no major issues getting to Epcot except having to deal with the still flawed security set-up at the time and having to go through security once again. I also apparently had some more fingerprint issues. It seemed to be the tell-tale sign of a program beginning with that going on, but after that I was in Epcot.

Immediately I took notice of how half of Leave A Legacy was completely gone. It was wild seeing it like that as if nothing were there in the first place. Can't remember if this were the *NSYNC or not. Either way, the boys be gone gone now.

My first thought was to go ride my favorite, Spaceship Earth, but it was down so I nixed that plan and went to World Showcase. I went by way of Mexico and almost stopped to meet Daisy, but decided against it. I realized that maybe Awesome Mix Live would be happening some time soon tonight so I decided to go there instead.

I got in line fairly early to make sure I got a good seat and indeed I did end up with a really good seat. I was so excited! I'd heard really good things about this show when it debuted and apparently it was popular enough to bring back for the summer so I was hyped to see it.

To make it quick, it did not disappoint. I absolutely loved it. It was such a fun show. I love the Guardians (even if Chris Pratt is trash) and that paired with some awesome music and singing and high energy, I was OBSESSED. And when I'm obsessed, you know I'll be back to enjoy it all over and over again. Consider this your warning, my devoted readers. Sardu Hasselfrau!

On my way out, I check on FPs since I hadn't really done that today and somehow managed to find one for Character Spot which I snatched up real quick.

I kinda wanted to do the World Showcase films or at least one of them, but the CSpot FP was coming up soon so I had to find something else to occupy myself. I went to Mexico instead and got some food. Nachos seemed like the perfect idea at this time. Unfortunately, there were not any seats and it was starting to really rain so I ended up darting all the way to Future World and the unused part of Character Spot that used to belong to the OG Communicore and ate in there. Good thing I got in when I did because that rain was coming in strong now.

Once I finished my nachos (sorry no photos of that either), it was just about time for my FP so I got up and walked right on over to the CSpot entrance.

I'm always used to CSpot having the most annoying wait in existence ever, which is why FP is always optimal but in this case I got stuck between quite a few hyper kids who were bouncing off the walls onto me. I tried my best to be unbothered but lord were they bothering me and they were on both sides of me.

Luckily the wait wasn't as horrific as it could be if I were in standby and I was inside meeting the characters soon enough. While I waited I was pretty entertained by a lip-syncing Goofy (How can you not with the bops they play in CSpot?)

Click to watch!

All three of them were absolutely wonderful. Mickey was first obviously.

He gave me a nice long hug and he complemented me on my Captain Marvel Magic Band. Obviously the boss mouse has great taste.

Next was Goofy who was just as energetic as he was across the room. I didn't spend much time and just told him he gives great hugs. Our photo together was my favorite. That CSpot lighting be hitting different somehow.

Lastly was obviously Miss Minnie who was so sweet. I gassed her up on her outfit just as I always do.

Once I finished with them, it was already time for IllumiNations!

I booked it out to World Showcase to grab a spot, slinking right on in in the nick of time.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It ended up raining about midway through which wasn't great, but you know, it happens and my history of bad rainstorms in Epcot was only just beginning. I digress though.

Once it ended, I booked it backstage to catch the bus back where I truly was the only non-CRP or ICP on the bus. Typical.

When I got home, I chilled with Carlos and Will a bit watching Pulp Fiction. We also began some inspection prepping since we did get a notice recently about those happening. I had my first shift out of training tomorrow late morning and I was super nervous so eventually I had to turn in. All the post-posivibes to me on my first day without a trainer to save me.

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter