Third Time's a Charm PTR - May 2012 - I should give up on planning trips.

So today I think we sealed up the deal on our trip to WDW. Evidently Home Health nurses are only available to home bound patients, not those that go on business trips to Las Vegas or vacations to WDW.

No one told us that Fran was supposed to be homebound for Medicare to pay for her coverage with the Home Health Nurses. We liked the office ladies better for changing her dressing anyways. We told the office about how the HH nurses didn't come Friday or Yesterday, and about how they don't like Fran to be going anywhere.

These gals realized that Fran shouldn't be on Home Health and tranferred her wound care to the office, check! Our Doctor has found a healthcare agency that will take care of Fran while she is in Florida, check! I think we're going to be OK!

Great news that you found somewhere to change Fran's wound dressing. Hope nothing else crops up between now and your trip.

Great news that you found somewhere to change Fran's wound dressing. Hope nothing else crops up between now and your trip.

well hopefully this won't cause any problems. The place that is supposed to be providing the care might be a home health thing
I hope that her being discharged doesn't muck up the doctors plans. I mean we'll pay for it if we have to.

Ugh healthy people don't appreciate what they have!

:rotfl2: I usually forget what report I'm in of yours and double check before posting. :thumbsup2

I should have done that too!

That's awesome! Can't believe you're leaving in 12 days...

I know! I can't either! I need to start packing! I already have some new outfits set aside, but now I can start putting the requisite number of undergarments in the suitcase and really think about which pants, etc! :banana:

Excellent! I hate all the rules that come with healthcare, it's just all too confusing.

Hooray on all the green lights! :banana:

Excellent! I hate all the rules that come with healthcare, it's just all too confusing.

Hooray on all the green lights! :banana:

Yeah, I'm finding out even more....hopefully we can still swing this thing. I have someone locally working on it for me. I hope that she is nice enough to come through, because I just sort of called her out of the blue.

OK folks, now that I am down to the single digit dance, :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I just looked at my original itinerary and of course everything has changed! I thought that I would repost the whole thing with all the new changes.

First let me cover a few things overall. We still have not nailed down the “changing of the dressing” which is aggravating to me. I called a few numbers that my Dr. provided on Friday and I have a gal there in Florida who is now helping me find an outpatient wound care clinic. There may be complications in that we are from CA, but hopefully with our Doc we can resolve this issue.

The other thing that was stressing me out was the weather for the 9PM showing of Fantasmic! However, it appears that the lows are actually in the high 60’s during our trip, so I shouldn’t have to worry. That night I should be fine in a pair of Capris and a nice blouse, along with an overshirt in case it gets chilly. OK, so back to the itinerary….

Tuesday, May 1 (my birthday)

Fly out of LAX to MCO
Hopefully the car will be all loaded up with our luggage and everything. Fran and I will ride in the car to LAX. Arline will probably have to take a shuttle van. With three scooters, the luggage, all our electronic medical supplies :lmao: and other stuff, only two people will fit in the car! :lmao:
Upon arrival at MCO, we’ll head to the rental car counter. Fran will drive the rental car to Kidani after I help her and her scooter into the car.
DME for me and Arline to AKL Kidani (One Bedroom Savannah View)
We have a 7:40 PM reservation at Sanaa
Groceries will be delivered to the resort at 6PM, and this is already confirmed with WeGoShop, so we don't waste precious park time grocery shopping. Now that I think about it, Arline and I will be dining at Sanaa most likely by ourselves. If I know Fran, she will want to stay in the room and put her leg up. I ordered sandwich meats and potato chips so that she’ll have something to eat that night.

Wednesday, May 2

Breakfast in the room
We’ll hang out at the resort and chill for the day. We could go to AKL if we wanted, but I think it’s best to save our energy for DHS that night.
3PM Wine Tasting at Jiko
5:45PM Brown Derby dinner reservation at DHS
9PM Fantasmic

Thursday, May 3

Again we'll have breakfast in the room
We'll try to make it to AK at rope drop.
Lunch will be in the park, probably Flame Tree, but we'll play it by ear.
4PM we want to do the culinary tour of Boma & Jiko
Hopefully we'll have some time to relax after that
7:15PM Dinner at Raglan Road, and maybe some shopping in DTD.

Friday, May 4

Resort switch day. This is probably the day that Fran will get her dressing changed. I’m still trying to work that one out and we probably won’t have a definitive word until the end of next week, it’s sort of complicated.
I do have a 1:30 reservation at Chefs de France :scratchin I might need to check on if I can move it back a little.
We should get our room by 4PM, and we plan on making dinner in the room. This would be a good night to do some laundry. The plan is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and these little squash, onion and carrot “nests”.
Then we’ll watch Wishes from the Living room window.

Saturday, May 5

Wow! Nothing about this day has changed at all!
Light breakfast in the room
Head to Epcot
11:30AM at Via Napoli
Stay until we need a nap
7:15 Hoop de doo Revue

Sunday, May 6

This day remains as planned as well!
Rope Drop at MK
10:00AM Crystal Palace
Back to the resort, maybe enjoy the pool
6:00 Victoria & Albert's main Dining Room
Food Coma

Monday, May 7

Breakfast in the Room
We were going to spend the day at Epcot and have lunch at a Quick Service then go back to the Resort
This is probably a day that we will have to get the dressing changed, so we’ll again have to play it by ear.
Dinner 7:05PM at 'Ohana, just a Monorail ride away!

Tuesday, May 8
We gained an extra partial day here, so we’ll have to be out of the room by 11:00AM and check our bags with DME.

Now if we’re hitting the ground running we can always go to MK first thing in the morning and check our bags on the way. However, with this crowd, I just don’t see that happening. :rotfl2: So just in case, I made us a noon reservation at the Wave in case we want a nice air-conditioned place to sit and relax. Normally DME would pick us up at 2:15, but we plan to call a couple days prior to departure and see if we can get a 1:15 pick up. I hate having to scramble at the airport. Fran has Admiral’s Club privledges, so I would much rather sit there relaxing than stressing about getting to our flight.

I will drive the rental car back to the airport while the two of them take DME. I’ll meet them and we’ll all head to the plane together. Hopefully rested, and not dreading our return home!

9 days to go!

Single digit dance!!! :dance3::banana::dance3:

The plans are looking good, I hope you find out about the wound care soon so you don't have go worry about it.

Yay! Thanks for putting up your itinerary again. I'm SO excited for you guys! :cool1: Do you guys park in Lot C for Lax?

OMG! This trip is getting ever closer!

Nice looking plans. :thumbsup2

I just hope that they come to fruition! I don't take anything for granted anymore. In fact I am preparing myself to lose the points and the whole trip will be canceled. Things are not looking good.

Single digit dance!!! :dance3::banana::dance3:

The plans are looking good, I hope you find out about the wound care soon so you don't have go worry about it.

I'm finding that legal issues are precluding us from getting wound care....how much would you charge to fly down and change the dressing! :confused3 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yay! Thanks for putting up your itinerary again. I'm SO excited for you guys! :cool1: Do you guys park in Lot C for Lax?

In a perfect world if we ever get to take a vacation again, I drop Fran off at the gate with our scooters, and all our baggage, she snags a SkyCap who looks at my ID before I take off. She completes the checking of the bags while I go to Lot C and hopefully score a spot up front without having to play the handicap card. We are usually running so late that the shuttle to the front would be a make or break for our plane. Last trip I accidentally put her father's plaque up instead of hers and we got a ticket, since he was dead! :lmao:

Anyways, I take the bus back to the terminal and find Fran with the scooters and carry ons ready to go to the gate.

However, it remains to be seen whether we are going. Right now I am setting my sights that we have to cancel, but as I write this post I am back and forth with the Dr. on email how she is trying to get us on this trip. She rocks!!!! I'm just not sure she rocks hard enough to push past what we need to make this miracle happen.

Alison, I'm glad you've got it worked out for Fran's care. :goodvibes I can't believe your trip is so close. :cool1: Can't wait to read about the wine tasting at Jiko. That's something Michael would love to do.

I just hope that they come to fruition! I don't take anything for granted anymore. In fact I am preparing myself to lose the points and the whole trip will be canceled. Things are not looking good. .

:scared1:

I'm finding that legal issues are precluding us from getting wound care....how much would you charge to fly down and change the dressing! :confused3 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: .

If I hadn't just started a new job I'd be down there in two shakes of a camel's leg no charge. I'm so sorry this has been such an ordeal. I really hope you don't have to cancel.

However, it remains to be seen whether we are going. Right now I am setting my sights that we have to cancel, but as I write this post I am back and forth with the Dr. on email how she is trying to get us on this trip. She rocks!!!! I'm just not sure she rocks hard enough to push past what we need to make this miracle happen.

I hope she figures it out. :hug:

I just hope that they come to fruition! I don't take anything for granted anymore. In fact I am preparing myself to lose the points and the whole trip will be canceled. Things are not looking good.

I'm finding that legal issues are precluding us from getting wound care....how much would you charge to fly down and change the dressing! :confused3 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh no! :confused3 I really really hope that your Dr. works things out. Fingers (and toes) are crossed for you.

Alison, I'm glad you've got it worked out for Fran's care. :goodvibes I can't believe your trip is so close. :cool1: Can't wait to read about the wine tasting at Jiko. That's something Michael would love to do.

Well it wasn't until this morning that I had it all worked out. Finally! I don't know if I mentioned that I spoke with a Home Health Care Supervisor back there in Florida. She called me back this morning with the names and phone numbers of Wound Care clinics. The first one that I called was in Kissimme and they had done this before! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tomorrow Fran's Doctor's office will send then her records via fax. They will be gone for the day in Florida by the time they send the records, but Thursday morning they will get them and call me (or I'll call them) to set up appointments for Friday the 4th and Monday the 7th!

If I hadn't just started a new job I'd be down there in two shakes of a camel's leg no charge. I'm so sorry this has been such an ordeal. I really hope you don't have to cancel.

I hope she figures it out. :hug:

Thanks so much for the offer, but thank goodness it won't be necessary. And thank goodness that she has Medicare because they can bill them and there won't be any worries!

Oh no! :confused3 I really really hope that your Dr. works things out. Fingers (and toes) are crossed for you.

Yay! :yay: It's going to work out!

Um, are you saying you may have to cancel a few days away from your trip?!? :eek::confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter