Thinking of Rummage in Oct -- any thoughts

Savin4Disney

DIS Veteran
Well I am thinking of doing a rummage in October ( I am in Wisconsin). We get some really nice weekends in October. I would like to do August. But do not think I can get it all done in a week. I would not do it Labor Day weekend.

Any thoughts!

I am planning on doing two that month - once with a friend at her house - the regular type rummage sale. I have found that there are still people who want to go out rummage saling so its ok. Plus you can often get rid of the winter clothes/coats that will never sell in the summer.

Then the last of October or first of November I am going to have a Christmas sale. None of my Christmas stuff will sell in the summer so I separated it all out last year (I have a bit) plus am adding some holiday crafts to it and doing a sale then. I do have a screened in front porch I can use and I am willing to use my living room if necessary.

Hoping to make enough there to pay for my daughter's second semester of tuition. I have a speciality craft item that does pretty well in October/November/December and am going to really try and market it this year.

Liz

I am in IL, we had a sale in June when it was REALLy hot ! I took all the summer stuff to goodwill and kept all the fall things, I think I will try to have a fall sale also. We have alot of halloween and Christmas stuff !!!! :earseek: :banana: It would be nice to even make half a month's school tuition :cheer2:

We almost always have one in the spring and one in the fall. That way you can get rid of your seasonal merchandise and you are doing it in the excessive heat of the summer.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter