Things you have learned from the podcast...

Mary626

DIS Veteran
Hey all, I was thinking the other day about all the useful hints and tips I have learned by listening to the podcast, and thought I'd start a thread where we could list some of the things we learned from the podcast!

here are a few of mine...
1) that you can have more than one fastpass at a time.. I don't know why, but it never really "clicked" in my head before that the fastpass tells you what time another fastpass will be available.. very cool! I will have to remember that for next time!

2.) Another one - their recent discussion about the behind the scenes tours - before the podcast all I had heard of was the "keys to the kingdom" tour, I had no idea there were other tours to choose from.. the "behind the seeds" tour sounded really interested, I think we'll have to make time for that on the next trip!

Anyway I have plenty of others, but I thought I would get the ball rolling and hear about anything you might have learned from the podcast!

Thanks for all the helpful information and hard work to the podcast team! :cool1:

That you can use a fast pass *anytime* after it's return time....:thumbsup2

That if there doesn't seem to be a table for 2 available when making ADR's, then ask for a table for 3 and majically there IS availability. AND more important, the podcast team doesn't condemn you as morally bankrupt for doing so.

That the letter "r" doesn't exist.

It's not that it doesn't exits - it just seems to vanish from some words and magically appear in others.

For example - "Bob drove his cart while drinking soda' - becomes "Bawb drove his kaht while drinking soder".

It's the latest book by JK Rowling - Bob Varley and The Order of Letters.......

We learn something new everytime we listen to a podcast. Here's some recent "big" items:

1. That DVC members get $100 off an AP. We bought into DVC just recently and usually buy 10-day park hoppers with no exp. and use them for our yearly trips. This year we made an extra trip, and I didn't think the AP cost was worth it, until I learned that we could save almost $500 (family of 5) on the AP. This was huge!

2. That Dole Whips are so good you can suck down 4 of them on your own. We had never tried them before, but we HAD to have one this June. Off we went, and 5 of us shared 3 Dole Whips. Ya know, I kinda got a hankerin' for one right now! I'll have to wait til November!

3. The $79 Universal Studios ticket deal thing. I've never been to Universal, but my sister went in May and didn't know what to do about parks (she was considering some Disney days, some Universal days). When I referred her to the website after hearing the podcast, she bought these tickets and spent her week at Universal only, saved a great deal of money, and had a GREAT time!

4. That the food at Nine Dragons is "swill". I actually had 2 ADRs (wasn't sure what day we'd be in Epcot) for this place in June that I promptly cancelled. We went to Yacht Club Galley instead, and had a very nice meal in a very empty restaraunt (just like Pete said!)

When you purchase your DCL tickets, wait until you've paid in full to purchase the insurance. That way if you cancel, you're not out the money for the travel insurance. I hope I understood that correctly. :rolleyes:

Hey Olaf! Just want to chime in.

With DCL, you have to add the insurance prior to paying your balance. However, if you already have it and decide that you don't want it, you have the option of removing it before your balance is due. :thumbsup2

Keep in mind that Disney could change that policy, but for now, that's how it works. :)

I learned that Bob's accent is from Boston and that I should try a Dole Whip next time I am at WDW. :lmao:

I learned that they are going to move my luggage for our upcoming resort hopping trip!

and that I must have a Dole Whip. I know that if I miss this one thing my 12 night stay in my favourite place where I can't be called in to work and am forced to witness the absolute joy on my daughter's face when "one of her favourite princesses" comes to say Hi! or the amazement on my DH's face when I magically make his birthday in the World the most memorable by effortlessly (with months of DISboard/podcast research) everything he wanted without him knowing what he wanted... will be absolutely ruined - how could I have not known that all my other trips had been ruined by missing all these must dos???!! :upsidedow

Ok. I will still probably get a Dole Whip. And since I know DH won't want one, I will get 2 and give him an empty cup! Just because he won't get it & I won't be able to stop laughing!:rolleyes1

Then he & my daughter will say - it's that podcast thing isn't it????

It's not that it doesn't exits - it just seems to vanish from some words and magically appear in others.

For example - "Bob drove his cart while drinking soda' - becomes "Bawb drove his kaht while drinking soder".

It's the latest book by JK Rowling - Bob Varley and The Order of Letters.......

Too funny! :rotfl2:

I learned that the Bible does not have the most stories... Bawb does:)...

I learned that the automatic doors at MGM studious must be open before you attempt to drive a khat through them.

Also, if you touch a storm trooper with a light saber another storm trooper will come over and wave a finger in your face and tell you to knock it off!

Bawb rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter